Morrissey greatest hits

Modcon

Sp what do you think? Will the Morrissey greatest hits ever see the light of day or will it forgotten and will there be a new album now that he's signed with a nw record company? If it does happen which songs will be on it? will it be one or two cd's? etc. what do you think?

CD1
1. Everyday is like sunday
2. Suedehead
3. The last of the famous international playboys
4. November spawned a monster
5. Disappointed
6. Sing your life
7. We hate it when our friends become succesful
8. National Front Disco
9. Seasick, yet still docked
10. Tomorrow
11. Why don't you find out for yourself
12. The more you ignore me, the closer I get
13. Now my heart is full
14. Speedway
15. Jack the ripper (live)

CD2
1. Reader meet author
2. Nobody loves us
3. Alma matters
4. Trouble loves me
5. The first of the gang to die
6. Irish blood, English heart
7. I have Forgiven Jesus
8. Let me kiss you
9. You have killed me
10. The youngest was the most loved
11. Life is a pigsty
12. All you need is me
13. That's how people grow up

The problem to be tackled is whether all the record companies he has been on will authourise another record label releasing their songs:(

Jukebox Jury

I made that comment in a previous thread.. It depends on the label releasing the compilation and how much they are willing to pay in order to license the material. Rhino was able to do a good job in compiling a collection spanning all periods of his career below

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Morrisse...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196447922&sr=1-1

51WA5KEYTAL._SS500_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, they will be from his entire solo career. There's no point in releasing an album with just the Quarry and Ringleader-singles, after all.

And as it is a 'Greatest Hits' rather than a 'Best of', let's hope they compile his GREATEST HITS, which would mean the following:

Suedehead
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Interesting Drug
Ouija Board Ouija Board
November Spawned A Monster
Piccadilly Palare
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You're The One For Me Fatty
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
Alma Matters
Irish Blood English Heart
First Of The Gang To Die
Let Me Kiss You
I Have Forgiven Jesus
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All's Well
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
plus 2 new songs.

Yes, they will be from his entire solo career. There's no point in releasing an album with just the Quarry and Ringleader-singles, after all.

And as it is a 'Greatest Hits' rather than a 'Best of', let's hope they compile his GREATEST HITS, which would mean the following:

Suedehead
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Interesting Drug
Ouija Board Ouija Board
November Spawned A Monster
Piccadilly Palare
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You're The One For Me Fatty
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
Alma Matters
Irish Blood English Heart
First Of The Gang To Die
Let Me Kiss You
I Have Forgiven Jesus
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All's Well
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
plus 2 new songs.

I don't like that list. It duplicates the previous best of too closely, and doesn't even contain his best songs. I'm hoping for something more like the recent setlists.

I'm hoping for something like the other 77 'Best of' and compilation albums that've been released. :p:rolleyes::D

I would rather have a decent live album from one of the US shows and possibly a DVD rather than another 'Greatest Hits' or 'Best Of'.

Love PTxx.

Surely most people on here have all the tracks that would be on a Greatest Hits?

how bout a bonus disc of all Moz's taped NME interviews..that would sure sell a lot of copies.

hee hee :p

I would rather have a decent live album from one of the US shows and possibly a DVD rather than another 'Greatest Hits' or 'Best Of'.
Love PTxx.

That's what I'm talking about! What's the point of doing all these taping like at the Hollywood Bowl and stuff if we ain't gonna see it?:confused:

Surely most people on here have all the tracks that would be on a Greatest Hits?

80 times over. And yet, I'll be the first to admit...I'd be one of the morons buying it...despite it probably being like the 10th thing I own with Jack the Ripper on it. LOL

80 times over. And yet, I'll be the first to admit...I'd be one of the morons buying it...despite it probably being like the 10th thing I own with Jack the Ripper on it. LOL

You craazeeeee people

I'll sell you a Greatest Hits right here and now if you like ;)

I am hoping this Greatest Hits has a really nice cover to compensate, however as sad as I am I shall too be buying it no matter what.

Love PTxx.

I am hoping this Greatest Hits has a really nice cover to compensate, however as sad as I am I shall too be buying it no matter what.

Love PTxx.

Funny you should mention that. To please his fans...Morrissey just announced that he has narrowed the cover down to two (2) extremely rare and unique photographs that he is sure will please even his most diehard of fans.
shrinker465.php

OR.........................................
20040613-morissey_maschine_gun.jpg

:D:p

Funny you should mention that. To please his fans...Morrissey just announced that he has narrowed the cover down to two (2) extremely rare and unique photographs that he is sure will please even his most diehard of fans.
shrinker465.php

OR.........................................
20040613-morissey_maschine_gun.jpg

:D:p

LOL, perhaps he could merge to two cleverly somehow?

Love PTxx.

how about a bonus dvd of youtube classics..

including such hits as

i think the girl filming the show fainted..

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, perhaps he could merge to two cleverly somehow?

Love PTxx.

hahaha
I was gonna try something nice and creative like that...but I'm firewalled up the @$$ here at work LOL. :mad:
Like you said, maybe he'll switch it up on us. Superimpose the tommygun into his hands in the Ringleader picture...then to REALLY f#ck with our minds...put it on the pink Quarry background!!!!!
In a word...it would be nothing short of:
L_c295eaa31c251b9c3e10f11068d2eccf.jpg

hahaha
I was gonna try something nice and creative like that...but I'm firewalled up the @$$ here at work LOL. :mad:
Like you said, maybe he'll switch it up on us. Superimpose the tommygun into his hands in the Ringleader picture...then to REALLY f#ck with our minds...put it on the pink Quarry background!!!!!
In a word...it would be nothing short of:
L_c295eaa31c251b9c3e10f11068d2eccf.jpg

One shall be the tommy gun replacing the violin on the Ringleader picture, and then on a limited edition vinyl release he shall have him playing violin on the pink quarry backdrop. It could be titled Ringleader of the Quarrys.

Love PTxx.

Back
Top Bottom