Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

You people are all the same. There are three real people on here with 27 personalities each who are busily bashing each other. Each personality is pretending to have flow in from different places and going on and on with their endless drivel. No one here cares because there is no one here. Morrissey cancels and cuts his shows down to limit his exposure to his fans who like nothing more than to attack him in between chewing on their own legs until the meds kick in.
His fans are just unhealthy specimens who psychiatry has failed with psychiatrists who offer no help or hope as they never do and deserve to find themselves beheaded.
So the 38 personalities who are running about on here are all from his 3 actual fans perhaps and now with no concert they have more time to sit at home and drunk as why should this night be any different.
And people do not care about poor Matt Walker, whoever he is, who had his eye injured in an unfortunate dinner accident, when Boz was busily climbing the table in quest of each and every leftover potato dumpling from everyone’s plate and as his fork flew to Matt’s plate, it caught his eye instead. Boz was so mortified and upset he only ate Matt’s eye and 11 apple pies for desert.
Morrissey may reschedule or escape into Mexico only to find that now his fans have followed him there and he will have to perform for the 5 that show up at his next gig if he doesn’t lock himself in his limo and refuse to come out and leave boz to come onstage and announce his cancellation and ask if anyone has any extra coupons for well for anything or for another eye to eat and if not he will just have to eat the soil. I want to eat the soil as well.

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

why couldn't Jesse just play the drums? Maybe he has some talent for that instrument.

Eye injury = poor ticket sales

Ask me why and I'll spit in your eye...
Don't let the blue eyes fool you....

It has been sold out for weeks.

yea can we find a back up drummer!!!! Epic show can't be to
late!!!!another planet productions get another fukn drummer this is the bay area!!!!

fuk this who want to start a morrissey cover band???
If you live in the bay area hit me up [email protected]
then we can here morrissey all the time in the bay area lol

Pues acá en Monterrey, están regalando entradas por todas partes... La mitad de la arena vamos a entrar gratis.

I Love My Baby Morrissey.
I just wanted to say that.
And I am so proud of him.

I think I'm done with Moz. I have a friend who flew in, and this has happened to us one too many times. The guy is a flake and never gave a crap about his fans. I don't believe the "eye injury" story for a minute. To the DNA lounge...

Awww, would you like some cheese with your WHINE? This has happened to loads of us, many times!

Your attempted defense just gives more validity to my complaint.

By the way, I'm not a "cheapskate" and I can "afford" the trip. I just think an artist who knows people travel to see him shouldn't cancel shows like he's calling in sick to his gig at 7-11. No offense to the "WHINE" poster who probably works there.

FUK WAS GOING TO GO TO MORRISSEY TONIGHT... SO I GUESS
IM GONNA GO TO 80's NIGHT AT THE BLANK CLUB!!! IN ANOTHER
PARELLEL UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW IM GONNA ABOUT TO SEE MORRISSEY AAAAAAH=)

http://www.theblankclub.com/

That's sooo funny that Morrissey was seen in a bar when he was allegedly ill and was too sick to play. Btw Morrissey does care about his real fans. He doesn't give a damn about "fans". There's a difference between us and you, you spook. Morrissey knows who is true fans are. You are not one.

At least nobody had to suffer through Kristeen Young. #zing

Let's hope her eye is injured and won't be opening for Morrissey when he does reschedule.

Man I just feel so bad for the Oakland fans. I just don't feel like Morrissey cares very much about his fans these days.

He certainly has canceled a lot of shows in the past 3-4 years.

Alain Whyte could have filled in on drums. He did a great job on the You Have Killed Me video, a song which kickstarted the horrid Jesse Tobias era.

Man I just feel so bad for the Oakland fans. I just don't feel like Morrissey cares very much about his fans these days.

You want the drummer to play half blind?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom