Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
To conquer the heart of one Lancashire bred
Mexicans wear roses white
And the gringos red.

lol @ Morrissey's publicist actually talking to David

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled due to eye injury to Matt Walker

lol @ Morrissey's publicist actually talking to David

You obviously didn't read the article...

Man I just feel so bad for the Oakland fans. I just don't feel like Morrissey cares very much about his fans these days.

Poor Matt, and poor ticket-holders who must put preparations on hold! Treat yourselves to something else nice today, and hope you can make it to an ace make-up show. :guitar:

It's all Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross's fault cos Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is disgusting.

Just talked to the Fox, it will be rescheduled, so hold on to your tickers

Man I just feel so bad for the Oakland fans. I just don't feel like Morrissey cares very much about his fans these days.
I can't imagine why Ahahahahh

Poor Matt, and poor ticket-holders who must put preparations on hold! Treat yourselves to something else nice today, and hope you can make it to an ace make-up show. :guitar:

Agreed. Given that I just saw him in the Shrine, not a bad thing for me at all, especially if he changes up the set list (not that I don't like it, just would like some other songs for the 2nd gig)

Morrissey is a smart man for cancelling. I hope you fans "fans" have all your plans ruined. Don't be coming on these boards crying you worthless tossers and baboons. Morrissey don't owe you things shit.

Oye Esteban!! f*** you! Thanks for canceling on us 2X in 2 years. I've been going across the bay bridge to see Mozzer since 1990 and this is the thanks I get?

Needless to say, I'll be there at the resched.

Eye injury = poor ticket sales

Ask me why and I'll spit in your eye...
Don't let the blue eyes fool you....

Lol a tweet from earlier this morning...

MusicSF Aidin Vaziri: And the countdown to Morrissey canceling tonight's concert in Oakland is on.

Expecting a bunch of Mexicans and gays to angrily march toward the DNA Lounge.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom