Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

You people are all the same and repeat yourself as you battle with your 25 personalities. No one is real and there were only going to be 7 people at his show tonight as the rest were just mops that were being propped up in the seats as the audience.
No wonder he cuts his shows short to escape from you fans quicker.
And poor poor Matt walker was injured and no one cares and I’d send him a get well card if I knew who he was and where he was at.
Boz stabbed him with his fork as Morrissey was teasing boz by tying a swinging apple around boz’s head and he had to catch it in his mouth but he couldn’t and got upset and tried with his fork and end up getting an eye instead to eat. Boz ate Matt’s eye.
Now boz is feeling guilty and has sworn off eating any more apples or eyes for at least 3 days and will eat the soil instead. As I want to eat the soil too.

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

Oye Esteban!! f*** you! Thanks for canceling on us 2X in 2 years. I've been going across the bay bridge to see Mozzer since 1990 and this is the thanks I get?

Needless to say, I'll be there at the resched.

No you don't get thanks. Morrissey is not your friend you moron. You buy a ticket and if it gets canceled you go next time. Get over it!

No you don't get thanks. Morrissey is not your friend you moron. You buy a ticket and if it gets canceled you go next time. Get over it!

Morrissey is my soulmate.

My silly friend flew over from Boston for the Moz show. That'll teach her.

some months ago I had a big decision to make, would I go back up to "Nocal" to see Moz one last time before leaving the country or go see Lykke Li closer to me and sooner, I chose Lykke Li and it was wonderful :love: Also, I consoled myself with not seeing Moz because he often cancels shows for one reason or another and now it seems with this news, any lingering doubt on my choice has been erased, thanks Moz! :lbf:

That sucks. I feel bad for all the people who were looking forward to the show tonight. Can't say I'm surprised by this though.

That sucks. I feel bad for all the people who were looking forward to the show tonight. Can't say I'm surprised by this though.
I Don't.

Morrissey has to hold the record for cancelled shows (with Axl Rose a distant second).

some months ago I had a big decision to make, would I go back up to "Nocal" to see Moz one last time before leaving the country or go see Lykke Li closer to me and sooner, I chose Lykke Li and it was wonderful :love: Also, I consoled myself with not seeing Moz because he often cancels shows for one reason or another and now it seems with this news, any lingering doubt on my choice has been erased, thanks Moz! :lbf:

easy decision.

I have waited 20 years to see Moz and this day comes with nothing but heart ache. $135 for the ticket, I hope he cares enough to reschedule.

Did he even make the trip up coast? That would say more than any of these losers complaining who were not even going! I did make the trip,and sadly,not surprised.

I know the promoter says he'll reschedule, but I have my doubts after the other two NorCal shows got cancelled with no rescheduled date. When he cancelled Chicago, it seems like they came out with a new date immediately. Here, we have nothing. I mean, hope for the best on a new Oakland show, but I will be surprised if he actually does a California one-off after Mexico and the Midwest.

Lesson learned: don't travel to Morrissey shows unless you have other reasons to visit the city or you buy travel insurance.

If anyone should be punched in the eye it's Alain

I don't care about anybody except Morrissey, to be honest.

Def leppards drummer has one arm!and this dude couldnt play with an injured eye??

Someone on Twitter suggests Moz is at a SoMa bar tonight? @shamama: My 15 yo self would be excited to be at the same bar as Morrissey...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom