Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
please please please play there's still the rest of the weekend fri and sat please please please!!!

When a large portion of the country is ignored for purposes of the tour, it has to be expected that people are going to travel long distance to catch the show. Yes, there is risk involved when booking travel. But knowing that fact doesn't make it suck any less when you're the person who gets off the plane after a long and costly flight to find out it was all for nothing. Even paying double for the refundable airfare would not have helped in this case since the cancellation was at such short notice.

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

So sorry to hear about this, Nor Calers. He'll make it up. Hope Matt's pain isnt greater than a few beers, a Vic and a good nights sleep can fix. :flowers:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

I flew in from over the cuckoo's nest, and I am very, very mad!

i flew in from the womb with a recently female aborted baby, in china. how will i be compensated?

top that.

the love of the fans is way better then be the vampire of dissapointment!!!

Who died and made you Dr Phil? You know him personally do you?

The question is do you know him? I didn't think so....

He only cares about himself. Ask his friends. Ask his family. He's always letting them down. His biggest talent is disappointing and hurting people. He never thinks about anyone else. That is why he is still alone and will stay alone. The only friends he has left are his employees. The rest ran for the hills.

He isn't alone. He'll never be alone. He'll never walk alone. He has me, now go f*** yourself.

Who died and made you Dr Phil? You know him personally do you?

No. But I do know someone that does. He's told me a few stories.

Morrissey's fanbase has been F..ked more times than $5 hooker,its pathetic that this shit still happens.How many times have you said to yourself"Screw this guy im done" but yet we always,always come back for more........Being a Moz fan is like signing up for a lifetime of S&M!

He isn't alone. He'll never be alone. He'll never walk alone. He has me, now go f*** yourself.

He is very much alone. Alone to the core.

maybe well get lucky and it will still be this weekend...

maybe well get lucky and he will still play this weekend...

He is very much alone. Alone to the core.
Did I stutter?
He has me
Now get lost
you complete
And
Utter
Plonk

Second time cancelling Oakland for me, as I live and breathe, you have killed me, you have killed me.

Troll

Second time cancelling Oakland for me, as I live and breathe, you have killed me, you have killed me.

And you're a f*****.
You're point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Walker spoke to the press this evening with this rather short, cryptic message when asked whether or not he was too ill to perform, Walker said: "Yes, I am blind."

Back
Top Bottom