Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
This is SO stupid!!!!! MORRISSEY - "YOU HAVE KILLED ME"
Flew in from out of State for this!!!!!!!
PLAY TOMORROW!!!! FLYING OUT SAT!!!!

As was stated at the very beginning, MORRISSEY doesn't owe you anything.

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

No, he play drums with them moron.
Oh I thought he played the bass sorry ,now you play the flute right?

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

flew to san francisco from portland for this. You know someone cancels a lot when fans (me) check the concert status multiple times a week to make sure the concert hadn't been cancelled. Does this rescheduling include reimbursing airfare & hotel?

ugghhhh flew in from colorado for this too!!!!!!!

uggghh, i flew in from scandinavia for this too!!! lolol

As was stated at the very beginning, MORRISSEY doesn't owe you anything.

When nearly three thousand people pay $80 a head to see you there should be some sense of responsibility and obligation. Not to mention the venue employees who won't be getting their hours/tips tonight. I want to know more about this "injured eye".

I flew in from over the cuckoo's nest, and I am very, very mad!

f*** you Morrissey, you just had to hire an opening act with no drummer to back up your drummer. I flew from Florida

as was stated at the very beginning, morrissey doesn't owe you anything.

actually he does- he owes me airfare and a concert ticket!

I Love MoZ,I have for over 20 years but admit it or not he really does not care about the fans.And everyone knows it but wont admit it.

He only cares about himself. Ask his friends. Ask his family. He's always letting them down. His biggest talent is disappointing and hurting people. He never thinks about anyone else. That is why he is still alone and will stay alone. The only friends he has left are his employees. The rest ran for the hills.

When nearly three thousand people pay $80 a head to see you there should be some sense of responsibility and obligation. Not to mention the venue employees who won't be getting their hours/tips tonight. I want to know more about this "injured eye".

sure, just give me your social security number, your tax returns, a full medical exam (for evaluation), your history with drug and alcohol, your last 3 employers, 17 references, a bank statement, height, weight, age, your mother's maiden name, video of your last colonoscopy and we'll be glad to get matt's doctor to give you a call, dipshit, because we feel, you "deserve to know"

ugghhhh flew in from colorado for this too!!!!!!!

I flew from Seattle... And go back tomorrow. Boooooo..

He only cares about himself. Ask his friends. Ask his family. He's always letting them down. His biggest talent is disappointing and hurting people. He never thinks about anyone else. That is why he is still alone and will stay alone. The only friends he has left are his employees. The rest ran for the hills.

Who died and made you Dr Phil? You know him personally do you?

Well, living in Pittsburgh, I feel the pain of the Oakland people.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom