Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
Flew to San Francisco from Portland for this. You know someone cancels a lot when fans (me) check the concert status multiple times a week to make sure the concert hadn't been cancelled. Does this rescheduling include reimbursing airfare & hotel?

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

Lol a tw
eet from earlier this morning..
MusicSF Aidin Vaziri: And the countdown to Morrissey canceling tonight's concert in Oakland is on.
Ahahahah ha ha ha aha aha ah ah ahhhhhh

DAAAAAAM I was looking forward for Daaaaaays for to see Morrissey....CRUSH...Please Give Matt some Ice For The Eye!!!

im really scare next week morrisseys concerts in mexico ... pray da good to healt that eye!!!

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

Flew to San Francisco from Portland for this. You know someone cancels a lot when fans (me) check the concert status multiple times a week to make sure the concert hadn't been cancelled. Does this rescheduling include reimbursing airfare & hotel?

Awww, would you like some cheese with your WHINE? This has happened to loads of us, many times!

Truly laughable. Boz's visa, Matt's eye... whats next? The keyboard guy's cat is constipated? I put the odds of Morrissey surviving Mexico and actually showing up to Chicago & Royal Oak at no higher than 60%. Which is a shame, as I'll be out of luck again.

Awww, would you like some cheese with your WHINE? This has happened to loads of us, many times!

Just because it's happened before means no one is allowed to feel disappointed?

I Love MoZ,I have for over 20 years but admit it or not he really does not care about the fans.And everyone knows it but wont admit it.

This has happened to loads of us, many times!

It has indeed, but its still ridiculous. Cancelled shows should not be worn as some sort of a badge of honor. The frequency is absurd and probably 75% of the time it's an absolute bullshit reason. Ruptured plumbing pipe?? LOL!

This wouldn't happen if Spencer was playing...blam!

Seriously though, hope the dude is okay, he's been the best drummer for Moz since Spencer

Just because it's happened before means no one is allowed to feel disappointed?

No, it just means that obviously nobody is going to be reimbursing your airfare or hotel, which are risks you take when you make travel arrangements to see Morrissey (or anyone for that matter) away from home. You are just plain shit out of luck.

Don't be a cry baby cheapskate, if you couldn't afford it, you shouldn't have gone. Things happen.

His love is as sharp as a needle in Matt's eye ......

Eye injury, my ass!! It was just too inconvenient for Moz to haul all his crap up to Oakland from Southern Ca., and then head back down to Mexico, that's all!
Oh, and how convenient that the "eye injury" won't affect the Mexico dates.
I'm making my Morrissey Pinanta right now and I'll pull it out at the Mexico show for all of us to take a whack at it! Watch as all the replacement eyeballs fall to the floor!

this joke isn't funny anymore!

No, it just means that obviously nobody is going to be reimbursing your airfare or hotel, which are risks you take when you make travel arrangements to see Morrissey (or anyone for that matter) away from home. You are just plain shit out of luck.

I don't think the poster literally expects to be reimbursed, I think they were just voicing their very understandable frustration.

I don't think the poster literally expects to be reimbursed, I think they were just voicing their very understandable frustration.

Er, you don't say? I know that the original poster was just alluding to the fact that they lost money or travel. My point being if you are spending money on travelling to see a gig away from home, be prepared for the fact that shit can go south.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom