Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

You are all the same people talking to yourself, 99 other white rappers emerged in the sea by it feels empty without me and eminem steals Morrissey lyrics and used black cloud lyrics as eminem inspiration was Morrissey with your 87 personalities and fighting and arguing and pretending to be each other.
No one is real. No one exists except for 63 houseplants who just sit here talking to themselves. Learn to appreciate me differentiate me it is easy to see I supposed roses will be noticed I lay on the grass in want of my love. Morrissey wants this tour to be over so he can escape from you all as he is horrified at what he is performing to and wishes boz would just eat the whole audience and he could just perform to boz’s fat belly instead. I wrote you the roses.
Matt’s eye has been removed from boz’s fat belly and reinserted and now Matt is ok lying here wide to receive I apologize phone tappers computer hackers and spies written lies twisted lies I love Morrissey and we are glad to hear that and are hopeful to learn who he actually is one of these days.
They are on their way to Mexico right now and are stopping every few miles so boz can go and eat the fallen apples he sees on the side of the road.
Morrissey is busily hiding under the seat hoping no one will find him so he won’t have to perform for his 8 minutes where he will just sing Scandinavia twice and then leave.
I want to eat the soil.

shut up Morrissey and leave Boz some food.

Pregnant or not Kristeen is Morrisseys girlfriend since a lot of time! Obviously you all hate her and dont't Know her music, expecially her lyrics! Read the lyrics of "Cold steal", for example, she talks about the cat seats on your head! And all the pictures where she posing like him and, yes why not, her rude statement about oral sex! They are lovers, obviously Morrissey won't admit it, but are you able to find another reason for touring with her? Urban is Morrissey in disguise, obviously, as Miss Gina is Julia Riley in disguise and me? Oh I'm not the man you think I am!

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

Pregnant or not Kristeen is Morrisseys girlfriend since a lot of time! Obviously you all hate her and dont't Know her music, expecially her lyrics! Read the lyrics of "Cold steal", for example, she talks about the cat seats on your head! And all the pictures where she posing like him and, yes why not, her rude statement about oral sex! They are lovers, obviously Morrissey won't admit it, but are you able to find another reason for touring with her? Urban is Morrissey in disguise, obviously, as Miss Gina is Julia Riley in disguise and me? Oh I'm not the man you think I am!

RUBBISH! RUBBISH! RUBBISH! Kristeen is with Visconti on the sly.

I read that some are worried that Morrissey could possibly be a Christian. They can stop worrying, because he is obviously not. He is mocking Christians and Christianity so that you can happily go to his concerts as he and his beloved Kristeen Young are two of your kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(Kristeen_Young_album)
Studio album by Kristeen Young
Released August 2004
Recorded December 2003
Genre Glam rock, Indie pop, Alternative rock
Length 43:36
Label TVPI / Self-released
Producer Tony Visconti
X is the fourth album by Kristeen Young. It is themed around various reversals of, and thoughts on, the Ten Commandments[1].

The album was produced by Tony Visconti and engineered by Mario McNulty at Studio B, Looking Glass Studios. It features "Baby" Jeff White on drums, David Matos on guitar and a duet with Placebo's Brian Molko on No Other God.
Track listing

"No Other God" (with Brian Molko)– 3:07
"Commit Adultery" – 3:11
"Kill It" – 4:02
"Lie" – 4:01
"Cold Steal" – 4:20
"Goddamn You, You Scenesters" – 3:34
"Yesterday's Future Man" – 4:03
"I Own The Best Of All Things" – 3:29
"My TV" – 4:00
"Devil Girl" – 4:55
"Credits" (read by David Matos) – 1:49
"No Other God' - 3:09

I wouldn't be surprised if he was so happy because he managed to deceive yet so many Catholic/Christian Mexicans around Los Angeles, who did not manage to see through his fart as they do not know this secondary mockery language yet.

These are Morrissey's Horoscopes for Monday December 5th:

When you take advice from others, it can be a good thing, but if it is unsolicited advice, it can be more of a hindrance than help. Don’t feel compelled to accept what is offered as a suggestion. You have the power to accept or disregard information. You are an independent person, who can make your own decisions.

Don't waste time worrying about the rights and wrongs of what you are planning to do this week - or you may never get started. Action speaks louder than words, so act fast, be first and get the job done.

In winter the fingers turn blue. The red of sunburn meets the white of snow and the extremities turn blue.

So it is with the Rose - neither Red nor White can achieve the goal it seems, so Blue will be the choice of winter.

Finally the events will take place.

But where will the blue rose be?

You don't like me, But you Love me
Either way yoU'rE wrong
You'Re gOnna misS mE when I'm gone
You're gonna mISs ME when I'm gone

No it really isn't and the blue rose turned into an acacia....is seeking solace in a place you never look...not visible to your eyes anyway...perhaps other places ....

So does anyone have any news on when this might be rescheduled? It was a sold out show and since he'll be back in the states soon it would be such a shame if it wasn't.

M//sorry again//TRY TRY to get back//can you leave message with B//urgent

I am a newer fan (already posted a little way up) for whom the Oakland show was going to be my first Morrissey show ever. I am not all that upset about the cancellation because I knew it was a risk. However, if the show is not going to be rescheduled, I would appreciate a prompt refund because things are tight right now for me (and, I know, for lots of people).

"Postponed" is a clever way to say "we don't have to refund your money for your tickets until we are good and ready". If it was "canceled" that is another story. Honestly, I was doing this for someone else and had no desire to even see this jackhole whine. Nearly a week later and no word on a reschedule? f*** you!

Either you can or can't reschedule. Nice to have all that money tied up. Just cancel it and let all the scalpers lose out.

I just don't understand you things. You get no word re: reschedule and you blame this on Morrissey? Why? You don't hear anything and this somehow translates into you bashing Morrisssey? I just don't understand and would you kiss your mother with those lips? Come on. No need for that despicable language.

I bet you morrissey probably did even come to the bay area, he did a bunch of shows in So-Cal before he was going to do a show in Oakland and then hes was
going to have to drive back down and do a tour in mexico. He probably said
F it and stay in So-Cal and just go to mexico from there.

So whats the odds Morrissey Completely Cancels Oakland? Is it pretty much
certain or will we get a surprised Reschedule? 50-50 chance? what you think
Morrissey Fans?

dear dear..take it from one who was there...the roadies had set the stage and had to get the bloody gear put away again, the blue tour bus turned up to take the roadies away again..fact i was witness to it

I witnessed it too, so you can drop the "I bet he planned it all along" bullshit. We saw his bus pull up, he waved hello to those of us that hung around the back entrance, and he rushed inside. Kristeen came and chatted with us as well. Everyone seemed pretty stressed about the situation which is understandable. (Not to sound sycophantic.)

Ooga booga. Strange daffodils crapped out electric purple dungeons last June 13th. My cat just ate all the TVs in the Fort Worth Best Buy. Smother me mother please because I cannot stand the way you tease. Did you hear the ceiling fan marry the clock? My, my but the loons have struck again. Someone bit off my zipper and I found it under the sea. Rage, rage against the flying of the Dwight. I cannot feel my microwave when it screams at 6:38 in the morning. Kristeen Young just gave birth to my great-great-great-great-grandmother 78 times removed. Did the lights go out?I do believe the stuff I have just typed makes more sense than some of the posts on this thread recently. :crazy:

today i got a tattoo of a sparrow on my neck, Please come back Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom