morrissey frink thread!

São Paulo, 2 December 2018
📸snowy_ykhm on Instagram

:yum:
View attachment 58933

We need a badge watch thread. Or a pin watch thread (since I'm still hoping for the Morrissey from Panic to the Pin essay to be written). I think I can see Robert Louis Stevenson...

& I love the way he looks as if his hand is a hand of glory.

hand.jpg

I spent most of my teenage years pondering the oneness of the universe - before the horror of adulthood made me look at spreadsheets (sorry Mozmar).
@Mozmar is pro-spreadsheet! @joe frady is the spreadsheet scorner.

We need a badge watch thread. Or a pin watch thread (since I'm still hoping for the Morrissey from Panic to the Pin essay to be written). I think I can see Robert Louis Stevenson...

& I love the way he looks as if his hand is a hand of glory.

View attachment 58947
I AM the pin watch thread.

That's why I'm saying sorry to Mozmar! I hate spreadsheets. But they're useful & I should be ashamed of myself.
I find a good spreadsheet very calming.

I can't find anything about Morrissey & magic yet (closest is 'the carnivalesque') but he's surprisingly superstitious beneath all the social realist kitchen sink imagery. A lot of 'invective' is very like putting a curse on people or avoiding cursed people. And a lot of his self-loathing sounds as if he thinks a curse came upon the him - even the idea that producers actively shun a person is like a curse (lots of factors go into picking - unfortunately for Moz, socialiabity is one of them).

Don't know about "magic" but he definitely seems to believe in ghosts and the supernatural. His own books aside, he also talked quite a bit about it in this LA Weekly interview

Last edited:
Don't know about "magic" but he definitely seems to believe in ghosts and the supernatural. His own books aside, he also talked quite a bit about it in this LA Weekly interview

That's fabulous!!

That's fabulous!!
He also talks a bit about the background of List Of The Lost in this one.

"The theme is demonology - the left-handed path of black magic."

LOTLdemonology.jpeg

This is said poster. {Not mine. Those are not my knick-knacks. Or my creases. Both unforgivable.}

View attachment 58932

Also, Mr Leighton's work was deployed for a couple of Jon Savage interviews in 1989, one for the Observer in March {'London Section' only, so us provincial types wouldn't get it} and probably the same article, or amended, for The Village Voice Rock & Roll Quarterly later that Summer.

Quite a good piece, although you get alot of Savage for a smidgen of Steven...

View attachment 58936
View attachment 58937
View attachment 58938
View attachment 58939

View attachment 58940

Pretty neat closing by Savage ~

"In his continued revenge on the world, he has delivered a series of epigrams which defines a marginalised England.
By that process, he has marginalised himself, but it's not a phase, it's his life
"... ?

Savage appears to have de-camped from the Moz side of the street in recent times. He should know better.

The man sent him a Billy Fury postcard once. In some cultures that's testament to troth plighting...

Billy Fury Moz card.jpg
Billy Fury Moz card reverse.jpg

Rum works for me.

Everything's better with rum.

But for those occasions when rum is not an "acceptable" option, spreadsheets can be very calming. Only if they're neat and well-structured though.

Everything's better with rum.

But for those occasions when rum is not an "acceptable" option, spreadsheets can be very calming. Only if they're neat and well-structured though.

Perhaps í should add rum while í'm spreadsheeting. {pie-eyed!}.
Couldn't make mine any worse. Cos right now they look like a...Tzolk’in Mayan Calendar?

Perhaps í should add rum while í'm spreadsheeting. {pie-eyed!}.
Couldn't make mine any worse. Cos right now they look like a...Tzolk’in Mayan Calendar?

Whatever works for you. Just don't pour rum into your computer. Computers might be the sole exception to the Golden Rum Rule.

Not so frink-y per se but I'd never seen this one before and he looks so deliciously awkward...

EMIstaffmeetingVauxhall.jpg

Apparently shot at the record company meeting...
With EMI staff, 1994.

I think I do recognise Murray Chalmers...

I can't find anything about Morrissey & magic yet (closest is 'the carnivalesque') but he's surprisingly superstitious beneath all the social realist kitchen sink imagery. A lot of 'invective' is very like putting a curse on people or avoiding cursed people. And a lot of his self-loathing sounds as if he thinks a curse came upon him - even the idea that producers actively shun a person is like a curse (lots of factors go into picking - unfortunately for Moz, socialiabity is one of them).

Tangentially related, but I saw this being shared on Twitter again and his reply was quite funny.

"I have not been in contact with the dead, although I have had unfortunate dealings with 'The Sun' newspaper, which amounts to the same thing."

And I guess he did get his figurative stake burning a few decades later...

20200915_211156.jpg

20200915_211202.jpg

Tangentially related, but I saw this being shared on Twitter again and his reply was quite funny.

"I have not been in contact with the dead, although I have had unfortunate dealings with 'The Sun' newspaper, which amounts to the same thing."

And I guess he did get his figurative stake burning a few decades later...

View attachment 59099
View attachment 59100

Morrissey is the gateway to the occult & suicide.

I really need to make a Morrissey as folk devil thread where we can gather all the evils he's inflicted on the world via being gobby & writing songs.

Back
Top Bottom