morrissey frink thread!

They were all taken by Linder Sterling at the Sunset Marquis hotel. A double page shot of his torso covered in glitter appeared in her book Morrissey Shot and is dated 3 June 1991 (the day after the Bowie duet!).

These were used on the inner sleeves of the vinyl reissue of Best Of Morrissey last year and scanned by moi.
CCF03092019_00000.jpg

CCF03092019_00002.jpg

CCF03092019_00003.jpg

CCF03092019_00004.jpg

This one seems to have been taken during the same session and a cropped version was used for the cover of Very Best Of Morrissey (minus Linder reflection and minus cherry).

Moz_Linder.jpg

Last edited:
They were all taken by Linder Sterling at the Sunset Marquis hotel. A double page shot of his torso covered in glitter appeared in her book Morrissey Shot and is dated 3 June 1991 (the day after the Bowie duet!).

These were used on the inner sleeves of the vinyl reissue of Best Of Morrissey last year and scanned by moi.
View attachment 57806
View attachment 57807
View attachment 57808
View attachment 57809

This one looks like it might have been taken during the same session and a cropped version was used for the cover of Very Best Of Morrissey (minus Linder reflection and minus cherry).

View attachment 57810

Oh.. I just assumed it was Jake that took these

I may talk shit about Moz but he looks really handsome in these pics, is there a back story to these pics?

He has a cute smile btw

View attachment 57793

View attachment 57794

View attachment 57806
View attachment 57807
View attachment 57808
View attachment 57809

This one looks like it might have been taken during the same session and a cropped version was used for the cover of Very Best Of Morrissey (minus Linder reflection and minus cherry).

View attachment 57810

post-orgasm. :love: :)

View attachment 57806
View attachment 57807
View attachment 57808
View attachment 57809

This one seems to have been taken during the same session and a cropped version was used for the cover of Very Best Of Morrissey (minus Linder reflection and minus cherry).

View attachment 57810

Sexing the Cherry indeed...

í just wanna know if Tim Broad was around that night.

And whether he was rolling...?

Film director and close friend of Moz: Shot most of Morrissey's promos from 1987 onwards, until he died in 1993 of a big disease with a little name.
Also filmed the whole Wolverhampton debut solo concert in 1988, which was never released, until it was leaked here by ADAM {RiP} a few years ago.
Shot a bunch of documentary footage during that "Kill Uncle" US tour {including the Bowie duet that Moz just released a couple of weeks ago} which has never seen the light of day. It was due to be released as a feature-length VHS in 1991, but wasn't. Some say the footage was destroyed. Some don't. Snippets of footage were included in "The Importance of Being Morrissey" doc in 2003. Some pool shots. No bathtime...

Film director and close friend of Moz: Shot most of Morrissey's promos from 1987 onwards, until he died in 1993 of a big disease with a little name.
Also filmed the whole Wolverhampton debut solo concert in 1988, which was never released, until it was leaked here by ADAM {RiP} a few years ago.
Shot a bunch of documentary footage during that "Kill Uncle" US tour {including the Bowie duet that Moz just released a couple of weeks ago} which has never seen the light of day. It was due to be released as a feature-length VHS in 1991, but wasn't. Some say the footage was destroyed. Some don't. Snippets of footage were included in "The Importance of Being Morrissey" doc in 2003. Some pool shots. No bathtime...

After Tim died, James O'Brien (filmed in The Importance...) started to do Moz' promos. I got the impression from Autobio that James was Tim's partner (could be wrong), so I wonder if he might have some unreleased footage anywhere?

After Tim died, James O'Brien (filmed in The Importance...) started to do Moz' promos. I got the impression from Autobio that James was Tim's partner (could be wrong), so I wonder if he might have some unreleased footage anywhere?

Yeah I thought they were partners also, maybe he was only Tim’s assistant (?).

It’s criminal. Whoever owns the 91 tour footage,etc should just throw it all up on YouTube they don’t even have to edit
it.
Would be wonderful.

í think he was. He was certainly a camera assistant {you can also see him in some of the '91 Bowie backstage footage in the C4 doc, having a mug of tea with Linder} and it would seem fairly certain that he would be in possession of whatever there is.

David T heard it was destroyed. 'Tom' says no, and says it was nowhere near complete, and he has/had the footage that was recently leaked. He also says that it was James who provided it to C4 and most likley has whatever yet remains.
See here {c.2012}...

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...he-hollywood-bowl-2007.115681/post-1986718560

Which would seem to suggest that EMI jumped the gun with these music press teases in late June...

Moz KU doc tim broad.jpg

Incidentally, after the Bowie footage was released from captivity, í re-tweeted it to James O'Brien {who is an occassional tweeter, seems to still stick up for Moz against the hounds on there}. As yet, no reply...

í think he was. He was certainly a camera assistant {you can also see him in some of the '91 Bowie backstage footage in the C4 doc, having a mug of tea with Linder} and it would seem fairly certain that he would be in possession of whatever there is.

David T heard it was destroyed. 'Tom' says no, and says it was nowhere near complete, and he has/had the footage that was recently leaked. He also says that it was James who provided it to C4 and most likley has whatever yet remains.
See here {c.2012}...

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...he-hollywood-bowl-2007.115681/post-1986718560

Which would seem to suggest that EMI jumped the gun with these music press teases in late June...

View attachment 57811

Incidentally, after the Bowie footage was released from captivity, í re-tweeted it to James O'Brien {who is an occassional tweeter, seems to still stick up for Moz against the hounds on there}. As yet, no reply...

could of been, should have been ....

can still be released?

:pray:

As posted by @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn on the Strange & Unexpected Ref thread, Jake just posted a happy snap, for old times sake...

Morrissey ~ Jake Walters, Sunset Marquis, 1993.jpg

Full disclosure ~

Morrissey {i} 1993 ~ Jake Walters.jpg

Sunset Marquis, 1993.

Morrissey ~ Jake Walters, At Home with, 1993.jpg

The Frink to endeth all Frink. í think.

I always wondered if it was a love bite they removed in this version of the shot. Compare non-honey mammary gland in this one:

View attachment 57922

I believe this one was captioned "at home with Mozzer" when posted by Jake last year? So Camden rather than LA?

That debate is above my watershed.

And home is where the heart is?

Back
Top Bottom