morrissey frink thread!

That's right. Encouraging Body Shame through mocking and passing judgment in public (or on a public forum) is, I know, the norm... But do you really want to be a part of that? Really? Women need to stop tearing each other down. Regardless of the size or shape of one's arms, one should feel free to uncover them in public without the threat of ridicule. Her body isn't anyone's business but her own.

Plus, I've met Sarah several times and in person she's very attractive. (Not that it matters since I don't plan on dating her.) She looks a lot like Morrissey, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if she was his cousin or something.

This is off topic, but I just felt a need to respond to it (perhaps I should have written you a pm). You say that “women need to stop tearing each other down” and I don’t fully agree, because it builds on a thought that there is some magical sisterhood that we need to maintain and protect where all women should be nice to each other. I don’t in any way relate better to women then to men. I don’t want to be categorized as a woman even thought I am, everybody are way to unique to be considered a woman or a man (as you might notice I’m in love with postmodernism, and I don't mean that as a verbal bat). Of course one could be of the opinion that it’s never ok to criticize the way someone looks, but I would really like to see who the first to throw the stone there is since I don’t know how nice it “actually” is to insinuate that someone is quite fat (moobs), hairy and sweaty since it’s actually possible that Morrissey would be hurt or feel bad about the way he looks if he for some reason would read this thread, but a lot of people think that men don't care just because they’re men. So it’s ok to insinuate that a man is fat, hairy and sweaty (even if someone personally might find that attractive it’s generally not considered that positive) but not to say that a woman has large upper arms? Maybe I have a frink for large upper arms? :p A lot of people think that they support "feminism" with statements like that but actually they only create and maintain stereotype ideas about the gender, which in the end is the biggest problem for "feminism", not that I made a statement about one persons (persons, not woman’s) upper arms. So even if you think I was mean, don’t look at it as “a woman being mean to another woman” and fulfilling this idea about women bullying other women, look at it as a person being mean to another person. It's really interesting that the people who replied was upset that I criticezed a woman, not a person.

And I don’t generally criticize women Morrissey is seen in public with; I love Linder Sterling, adore Chrissie Hynde and think Kristeen Young is quite hot.
But I'm sorry if I offended someone. :blushing:

This is off topic, but I just felt a need to respond to it (perhaps I should have written you a pm). You say that “women need to stop tearing each other down” and I don’t fully agree, because it builds on a thought that there is some magical sisterhood that we need to maintain and protect where all women should be nice to each other. I don’t in any way relate better to women then to men. I don’t want to be categorized as a woman even thought I am, everybody are way to unique to be considered a woman or a man (as you might notice I’m in love with postmodernism, and I don't mean that as a verbal bat). Of course one could be of the opinion that it’s never ok to criticize the way someone looks, but I would really like to see who the first to throw the stone there is since I don’t know how nice it “actually” is to insinuate that someone is quite fat (moobs), hairy and sweaty since it’s actually possible that Morrissey would be hurt or feel bad about the way he looks if he for some reason would read this thread, but a lot of people think that men don't care just because they’re men. So it’s ok to insinuate that a man is fat, hairy and sweaty (even if someone personally might find that attractive it’s generally not considered that positive) but not to say that a woman has large upper arms? Maybe I have a frink for large upper arms? :p A lot of people think that they support "feminism" with statements like that but actually they only create and maintain stereotype ideas about the gender, which in the end is the biggest problem for "feminism", not that I made a statement about one persons (persons, not woman’s) upper arms. So even if you think I was mean, don’t look at it as “a woman being mean to another woman” and fulfilling this idea about women bullying other women, look at it as a person being mean to another person. It's really interesting that the people who replied was upset that I criticezed a woman, not a person.

And I don’t generally criticize women Morrissey is seen in public with; I love Linder Sterling, adore Chrissie Hynde and think Kristeen Young is quite hot.

Wai....what????
Moobs simply refer to male breasts. All men have them. Morrissey just plays with his a little more than average.
Sweat - we have all been flung with the exocrine secretions of his sweat glands. Saying that Morrissey sweats is a plain statement of fact.
And hair - he's got hair. We've got lots of pictures of his hair.

When most frinkers discuss these things, though, it is with the greatest love, turning what are simple facts or normal human physiologic processes into objects of love. Yes, Morrissey sweats - but OMG, have you had the pleasure of smelling it? It smells like flowers. No joke. It's unbelievable how incredibly good he smells even when soaked. And the hair - patches of soft down just begging to be stroked. Must...restrain...myself.... I can't really even go into the moobs. Well, just a little. The sexual suggestion that he inadvertently creates when handling his own breasts....eeek *cold shower needed*

Whereas when you describe these same things, your choice of words do make them seem like negative attributes. It might just be that Morrissey seeing what goes on in your mind when you consider these things would be offended, not when he reads about our overt worship of the same things.

I agree that we shouldn't be saying mean things about how people look, period, whether they are grown women or girls at communion or even men. I think most people have a hard enough time accepting themselves without negative outside comments confirming their worst fears. But I don't feel that frinkers are saying mean things.

1152763538_f.jpg

OK, then. Let me put it to you in another way: What you said about Sarah was just plain shitty and you shouldn't have said it about anyone - female, male, or otherwise. I don't know what's wrong with people that they think it's OK to criticize someone's body or face. Criticism should stop at someone's beliefs and actions, or, if feeling particularly catty, their fashion choices. Criticizing what a person's living body parts look like is just low.

Also, all that rationalizing about moobs and hair is just stupid. We love the way Morrissey looks and you know it. There's nothing fat about him and fat doesn't equal moobs.

So take the ugliness off the frink thread, please. If you want to go somewhere to say nasty things about people take it to the rest of Solo where such things are the norm.

Criticism should stop at someone's beliefs and actions, or, if feeling particularly catty, their fashion choices. Criticizing what a person's living body parts look like is just low.
hear hear :clap:
Also, I think the woman's got a really stunning face.

So take the ugliness off the frink thread, please. If you want to go somewhere to say nasty things about people take it to the rest of Solo where such things are the norm.

That's also true, apparently :(

OK, then. Let me put it to you in another way: What you said about Sarah was just plain shitty and you shouldn't have said it about anyone - female, male, or otherwise. I don't know what's wrong with people that they think it's OK to criticize someone's body or face. Criticism should stop at someone's beliefs and actions, or, if feeling particularly catty, their fashion choices. Criticizing what a person's living body parts look like is just low.

Also, all that rationalizing about moobs and hair is just stupid. We love the way Morrissey looks and you know it. There's nothing fat about him and fat doesn't equal moobs.

I agree with everything you said above, but if you read her last sentence she did apologise...

I'm now waiting for someone to photoshop Morrissey's head onto Luke's body...

please NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
i'd have to burn my eyeballs out with bleach should i ever have to look at that image again, Moz head or no Moz head.
:mad:

I'm now waiting for someone to photoshop Morrissey's head onto Luke's body...

I`m rather waiting for the first frinker to send Moz tassles ... / throw them at him at a gig ...

either it`ll result in a ginourmous chuckle or an explosion of wrath... but somehow I`m certain he would have fun to put them on and do some tassle twirls in private ...

But honestly I love Moz au nature best - uncovered - unless by a see-through or me.:blushing:

I`m rather waiting for the first frinker to send Moz tassles ... / throw them at him at a gig ...

either it`ll result in a ginourmous chuckle or an explosion of wrath...:

I think the fear of the explosion of wrath will be enough to stop us from ever doing that.

Back
Top Bottom