morrissey frink thread!

morrisey.jpg

Seems to be the same 'Years of Refusal' baby?

Ahhhh - and I was tired and wasn't going to sign on today... so glad I did and thanks for posting this adorable pic!:)

ME?! Oh, wow. Really? Wow... Thanks, goinghome. I'm not sure what to say. There's no leadership going on on my part! I just come here to see you guys because you're all the most decent and intelligent people on Solo. But thank you! *warm fuzzies*

PS - This couldn't have come at a better time. I've been feeling really sad about Solo lately.

I have been a Frink Lurker for a long time, and would like to thank everyone who contributes photos of our hero.

I do want to say that I get really frustrated and upset with the venom being spewed by a subset of posters on Morrissey-Solo, and I hope it will stop. It degrades what should be a fantastic site, and a refuge from the stresses of daily life.

I really hope that in 2010 members as well as anonymous posters will embrace Morrissey's lyrics "It takes guts to be gentle and kind." and eliminate the hate.

Thanks for listening....

I have been a Frink Lurker for a long time, and would like to thank everyone who contributes photos of our hero.

I do want to say that I get really frustrated and upset with the venom being spewed by a subset of posters on Morrissey-Solo, and I hope it will stop. It degrades what should be a fantastic site, and a refuge from the stresses of daily life.

I really hope that in 2010 members as well as anonymous posters will embrace Morrissey's lyrics "It takes guts to be gentle and kind." and eliminate the hate.

Thanks for listening....

::hug::

I feel the same way. You frinkers are the best. It's not just about how cute Morrissey is for me. It's about how great most of you guys are. I wouldn't come here every day just to post and look at photos of Moz. I could just go to motorcycleaupairboy.com for that. It's you guys that make it what it is.

No, I know most of the people go on the 'frink thread' on here and post pictures of Morrissey looking all sultry and moody and theN comment saying he's sexy, like rampant drones, the fact is that although I find Morrissey an attractive character, I cannot seriously picture him wanking or having intercourse with someone...

To me, and others I know, I think of Morrissey as a kind of life teacher; a important figure who helps you out in the times when you need it, who sings about your fears and seems to emapthise with you without even meeting you in the flesh...

You DO fall in love with him but as he said "It doesn't mean that you want to physically mount them"

So in that light I can't look at Morrissey as a primary sex object, I posted them frankly graphic messages to hit home the fact that people use all kinds of awful euphamisms and tastless sexual connotations. You may as well tell it like it is.

I don't really want people letching over him when he has produced so much brilliant art.

I can't stop anyone though.

You certainly can't stop anybody! I say, I say . . .

He is definitely a sex symbol. He has worked hard throughout his entire career with The Smiths and solo perfecting that sexual attraction. He knows he is sexy, too. His words say no, but the rest of him says yes! It works for me. He is definitely a very attractive man and many adoring fans will be lusting after him. Having said that, I think that those of us who maintain any level of logical thought also realize how very unobtainable he is, too. Sad but true. Fifteen minutes with you, oh I wouldn't say no.

He is definitely a sex symbol. He has worked hard throughout his entire career with The Smiths and solo perfecting that sexual attraction. He knows he is sexy, too. His words say no, but the rest of him says yes! It works for me. He is definitely a very attractive man and many adoring fans will be lusting after him. Having said that, I think that those of us who maintain any level of logical thought also realize how very unobtainable he is, too. Sad but true. Fifteen minutes with you, oh I wouldn't say no.

All you say is true except for one thing: He actually doesn't say no. He's said several times that he enjoys being considered sexy and likes being a sex symbol.

No, I'm not going to go find the interviews where he's said that. Sorry. :)

What I can't understand is why anyone would try to control how someone else feels about a celebrity, no matter your own feelings for that celebrity. I mean, unless someone is being abusive towards Morrissey and you feel protective of him, that is. Abuse is different from lust.

Oh, and one more thing. So many people have a very dim view of lust. I believe that's a very primitive outlook. It's like lusting someone is an insult. Like it negates any of the loftier feelings one might feel for that person. I can't speak for anyone else, but the more I admire, respect, and care about a person, the more likely I am to feel sexual attraction towards them. Is that really just me?!

His lips are probably the best lips I've ever seen on a man. When I was a teen, long before I had ever decided to look at Morrissey lustfully, I used to obsess over his lips. (I was in denial.)

So... Guys... I found this:

Am I the only one who hasn't seen it before? GLASSES! The quality sucks, but wow. His shoulders... He makes Bono look like a troll. You know, if one wants to be perceived as attractive one should never stand too close to Morrissey. He'll always win.

Bono is a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bono is a troll.

I agree, but I was getting all these warm fuzzies thinking about Moz enjoying his unexpected status as a sex god, and you kinda broke that train of thought!

:bow: *prostrates herself before the All Sexy Morrissey, Reservoir of All Frinkiness*

I'm interested in the context in which he said he enjoyed being a sex symbol.

He has a great mind. He says funny things. He's honest. He write great lyrics. He cares about the animals. He's sexy and good looking. I lust for him :blushing: But I wouldn't find him sexy without those other things (that I listed first). I think I would still find him good looking without knowing anything about him. But if he acted and thought like an idiot, then I wouldn't find him good looking either :p

He has a great mind. He says funny things. He's honest. He write great lyrics. He cares about the animals. He's sexy and good looking. I lust for him :blushing: But I wouldn't find him sexy without those other things (that I listed first). I think I would still find him good looking without knowing anything about him. But if he acted and thought like an idiot, then I wouldn't find him good looking either :p

Exactly.

In addition to that, I come to the frink to look at pretty pictures. I use my personal listening time for pondering Morrissey's fabulous use of Brechtian puns and the elegant employment of enjambment in Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

You can wear one hat to one venue and another hat to the next. Doesn't mean you only own one hat because you aren't wearing them all at the same time.

I like hats. :straightface:

morrisey.jpg

Seems to be the same 'Years of Refusal' baby?

Oh, this is lovely. Like an ordinary holiday picture! Thank you, toml 27!

And Spyder, you just don't drop babies.
And babies wee on anyone, no matter how wunderful you are. A friend of mine got weed straigth into the eye. But only baby boys can do that :lbf:

Less than 400 views till 2.000.000! Tonight!

I live near Columbus - I will visit the exhibit and report if there are any more Moz photos!:thumb:

and please ask the artist to whom the baby belongs to..that isnt the "refusal baby:confused:-looks a bit diff to me...but i could be wrong
and how the pic developed did they randomly met him on the beach there-or...

So we should look at Morrissey and say "Oooh he's f***ing gorgeous, look at his huge bulge, Oh I want him to get my head on the conjugal bed, oh and his songs are alright as well I suppose"

I'm sure Morrissey likes being thought of as a sex object and a mild form of titillation but he'd never want that superceding his music and lyrics.

His physical appearance would never supercede his music/lyrics.

And me thinking he's a fitty does not and should not detract from the strength of his work, and if it does then there is something seriously wrong.

It's silly to rever him to the point where one cannot find him physically attractive. 'e's only 'uman.

::hug::

I feel the same way. You frinkers are the best. It's not just about how cute Morrissey is for me. It's about how great most of you guys are. I wouldn't come here every day just to post and look at photos of Moz. I could just go to motorcycleaupairboy.com for that. It's you guys that make it what it is.

Agreed.
and it isnt just you with the lust thing Scarlet. :)

As for the beach pic, I second what Spyder said regarding the child, i'll restrain myself and say nowt more except that I CANNOT stop staring at his belly button in ths pic.. (god knows why) and I'd suggest (also) that it is Malibu beach?
oh and I think Charlie is great too, gets a bit stressy at times, but who can blame him for that esp as he seemed to have double duties for most of last years tour.
*goes back to the non internet related work she SHOULD be doing* :blushing:

Welcome, Lurkers...help us celebrate the beauty of the Frink!

The champagne is on ice.

champagne.jpg

And the cake is almost done...

Cake? Did someone say cake?! Count me in!

Not to put a downer on things but am I the only one who doesn't like this picture of Morrissey? His eyes look dead and empty and his skin looks waxy. He looks depressed and I find it a bit upsetting...

I like it when he has a bit of a twinkle in his eye.

oh and Gretchen?
be a dear and ask the gallery to make us a stack of postcards from the print.
K thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom