morrissey frink thread!

OK, the finger is a tad better, so here I go!

jamescagney and I wanted the Morrissey experience, so we planned on going to Book Soup and then to The Cat And Fiddle to meet friends to say our goodbyes. Book Soup was GREAT! OMG, I looove it there. I wish I'd had longer, but I had to be at TCAF by 8:30. As I was leaving I said to the shop girl, "So... Does Morrissey come in here sometimes?" She said that he comes in a lot and the "the dude is big, ya know?" She made a broad shoulders gesture. I said, "I know." I smiled. Heehee.

So then we drove to TCAF and as we pulled up jamescagney said, "Is that Hugh?" Hugh is a fan who is slightly Morrissey-shaped, but smaller. I looked and I said, "OH MY GOD THAT'S MORRISSEYYYY!" I am then told that I cursed a blue streak. I don't remember that part as cursing isn't a big part of my nature. Ahem.

Keep in mind that I had no idea he'd be around. I'd heard he'd flown to NY that day, so I was in a total state of shock. I jumped out of the car into a puddle about 3 inches deep and I sprinted into TCAF behind Morrissey and Sarah... But as quietly as possible.

When I got inside he was being seated and I was being waved over to friends. Their eyes were all wide and they were fidgeting. We all just sat there wondering what to do. It was the strangest feeling ever. My face was hot. I ordered the grilled veggie plate and was trying to eat, but I couldn't. I hadn't eaten all day, so I felt that I really should have some food in me to face whatever it was that was going to happen.

Then he got up and walked out. Three of us, on autopilot, got up and followed him out at a respectable distance. I was the third, so I figured that if the first woman out there received a sour response from him that I could just turn on my heel and walk away. But he wasn't sour at all. He was very nice. Smiling. One of us asked if we could all take a photo with him and he asked that no photos be taken. She put her camera away. He signed our arms. I think I was the first to ask for a hug and he gave it willingly. I recall the feeling of velvet under my fingers. His squeeze was at the same pace and depth of all the other times you've seen him hug someone on film. I didn't linger on the hug though. I didn't want to freak him out. It was obvious that he was a little shy. He had his shy smile on nearly the entire time. It's so strange that he gets so shy, isn't it? I mean, he's such a bold person. Weird.

After I hugged him I told him that these past shows have been fantastic and he said, "Well, some of them", with a slight nose wrinkle. I looked at his teeth at this time and made note of the fact that his teeth are really cute. We're so used to famous people with their perfectly gathered and aligned teeth, but when he's standing in front of you and you see him like he's just A Guy, his teeth are nice. Idiosyncratic teefz. I'm not sure why I focused on his teeth other than... Well, I've always liked his unique teeth.

He was handsomeness personified, by the way. He looked younger to me than he does when he's on the stage. He had color in his cheeks. He... Oh, he's just lovely.

Bad thing: As he was writing on me I was looking at his face and his hand and my arm. I saw that it looked like he might run out of space and I said, "Oh, no... Are you running out of space?" He said, "No, I'm not." Then I felt stupid for highlighting the fact that my fat upper arm is a vast canvas of flesh. :[ I wish I hadn't said that now.

You know, he was being really dear to all of us. Another friend who arrived late saw him get into his cab. He knocked on the window and motioned to Morrissey that he just wanted a moment of his time. Morrissey rolled down the window and when he was asked to sign my friend's arm, he got out of the cab and signed him. Sweetly.

I don't care what anyone says in the future, Morrissey is a great guy. I know he has his moods, but last night he was over-the-top giving and dear and.. .... .. Oh, I love him. Love love love him.

I'll post more frink soon. I don't have it all uploaded yet.

^^^^^ A really lovely story, you're a very lucky lady indeed! :) It always makes me feel happy when I hear about things like that happening, when he gives time to fans etc. Makes me go all warm and glowy inside. :o

Some random Google frink I found:

mus_main_2407_50096a.jpg

C_71_article_1117116_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

3362006642_1b3cb0c4c9.jpg

:D

jamescagney and I wanted the Morrissey experience, so we planned on going to Book Soup and then to The Cat And Fiddle to meet friends to say our goodbyes. Book Soup was GREAT! OMG, I looove it there. I wish I'd had longer, but I had to be at TCAF by 8:30. As I was leaving I said to the shop girl, "So... Does Morrissey come in here sometimes?" She said that he comes in a lot and the "the dude is big, ya know?" She made a broad shoulders gesture. I said, "I know." I smiled. Heehee.

So then we drove to TCAF and as we pulled up jamescagney said, "Is that Hugh?" Hugh is a fan who is slightly Morrissey-shaped, but smaller. I looked and I said, "OH MY GOD THAT'S MORRISSEYYYY!" I am then told that I cursed a blue streak. I don't remember that part as cursing isn't a big part of my nature. Ahem.

Keep in mind that I had no idea he'd be around. I'd heard he'd flown to NY that day, so I was in a total state of shock. I jumped out of the car into a puddle about 3 inches deep and I sprinted into TCAF behind Morrissey and Sarah... But as quietly as possible.

When I got inside he was being seated and I was being waved over to friends. Their eyes were all wide and they were fidgeting. We all just sat there wondering what to do. It was the strangest feeling ever. My face was hot. I ordered the grilled veggie plate and was trying to eat, but I couldn't. I hadn't eaten all day, so I felt that I really should have some food in me to face whatever it was that was going to happen.

Then he got up and walked out. Three of us, on autopilot, got up and followed him out at a respectable distance. I was the third, so I figured that if the first woman out there received a sour response from him that I could just turn on my heel and walk away. But he wasn't sour at all. He was very nice. Smiling. One of us asked if we could all take a photo with him and he asked that no photos be taken. She put her camera away. He signed our arms. I think I was the first to ask for a hug and he gave it willingly. I recall the feeling of velvet under my fingers. His squeeze was at the same pace and depth of all the other times you've seen him hug someone on film. I didn't linger on the hug though. I didn't want to freak him out. It was obvious that he was a little shy. He had his shy smile on nearly the entire time. It's so strange that he gets so shy, isn't it? I mean, he's such a bold person. Weird.

After I hugged him I told him that these past shows have been fantastic and he said, "Well, some of them", with a slight nose wrinkle. I looked at his teeth at this time and made note of the fact that his teeth are really cute. We're so used to famous people with their perfectly gathered and aligned teeth, but when he's standing in front of you and you see him like he's just A Guy, his teeth are nice. Idiosyncratic teefz. I'm not sure why I focused on his teeth other than... Well, I've always liked his unique teeth.

He was handsomeness personified, by the way. He looked younger to me than he does when he's on the stage. He had color in his cheeks. He... Oh, he's just lovely.

Bad thing: As he was writing on me I was looking at his face and his hand and my arm. I saw that it looked like he might run out of space and I said, "Oh, no... Are you running out of space?" He said, "No, I'm not." Then I felt stupid for highlighting the fact that my fat upper arm is a vast canvas of flesh. :[ I wish I hadn't said that now.

You know, he was being really dear to all of us. Another friend who arrived late saw him get into his cab. He knocked on the window and motioned to Morrissey that he just wanted a moment of his time. Morrissey rolled down the window and when he was asked to sign my friend's arm, he got out of the cab and signed him. Sweetly.

I don't care what anyone says in the future, Morrissey is a great guy. I know he has his moods, but last night he was over-the-top giving and dear and.. .... .. Oh, I love him. Love love love him.

you are so lucky, do you remember what he was wearing or how he smelled? I sound like such a freak:lbf:

Well done, Scarlet. I'm so chuffed for you. :guitar: I can't imagine what it must feel like when he's holding your arm. Congratulations on staying upright through it all, I probably would have keeled over :)

HAPPINESS IS....a warm hug *hugs*

Ahhh Scarlet - that is amazing! I am so happy for you and your friends and I would love to see a pic of the tat eventually. It is great to hear how warm and generous he is with his fans - that is pretty amazing he got out of the car again for your other friend.

DailyAlice, you write wonderful reviews, thanks for them. I'm going to miss all these new updates and pictures. It's been such an exciting last few weeks reading about all the shows and encounters. I hope there are still a lot of public sightings and such. Since I really only joined this board this Spring - not sure what usually happens when a tour ends.

Happy Hanukkah to anyone that celebrates!

scarlet, well done! i remember you getting his autograph in philly too. congrats again.:)

i have to start visiting this thread again. ;)

*sigh* one day i will get what i want...

That's awesome! So did you request that is what he write? My only regret is that he asked for no photos because I would've liked to have seen the expression on your face - dreamy/happy/shellshocked? :)

OMG! I met and hugged Morrissey tonight!!! And he wrote "I am human and I need to be loved" on my arm just over my other tattoo... And I had it tattooed on in blue.

OMG! I have this huge and wonderful story to tell, but my finger is in a splint from the Shirt Fight so I can't say it all.

He was BEAUTIFUL! I mean... you think you know how lovely he is from seeing him in stage, but close up on the street like that.... Oh. Just OH!

But it wasn't even about that, really. I became 16 again and I just loved his very soul. When I hugged him I said in his ear, "Morrissey, I just love you so much."

I just... Oh. Ya know? MORRISSEY!!!

I am so happy for you!!!! :D:D:D

Your story is great! I really enjoyed reading it twice. I am very happy for you! You are lucky!

Scarlet that story is so amazing!!! I'm really happy for you. The tatoo is great!!! Not sure how I would act if I saw him that close. I'm sure I go up to him and say something totally stupid.

Scarlet, I love your tattoo and your Morrissey story that goes along with it! I'm so glad that Moz was so sweet to you and took time to talk to you all. :)

Back
Top Bottom