morrissey frink thread!

Not to put a downer on things but am I the only one who doesn't like this picture of Morrissey? His eyes look dead and empty and his skin looks waxy. He looks depressed and I find it a bit upsetting...

I like it when he has a bit of a twinkle in his eye.

Agreed. He looks about 60 and not at all himself. His personality doesn't show through.

We just passed 2,000,000 views!!! Congratulations everyone!!!

bookmakingkindchoices.jpg

His physical appearance would never supercede his music/lyrics.

And me thinking he's a fitty does not and should not detract from the strength of his work, and if it does then there is something seriously wrong.

It's silly to rever him to the point where one cannot find him physically attractive. 'e's only 'uman.

I don't think anyone is pathetic enough to say that people 'shouldn't find Morrissey physically attractive,' or as you prefer to say..."a fitty"...but this forum (and in particular this thread) seems more like the kind of thing you'd expect to find on a Zac Efron site run by 13 year olds.

I don't think anyone is pathetic enough to say that people 'shouldn't find Morrissey physically attractive,' or as you prefer to say..."a fitty"...but this forum (and in particular this thread) seems more like the kind of thing you'd expect to find on a Zac Efron site run by 13 year olds.

So what? There's plenty of different threads for everyone, you don't have to read them if you don't want to.

There have been a few pages here and there on the frink thread that made me cringe a bit - but I just skimmed over them - no big deal.

There's not that many people I like, so if I want to perv at Morrissey to brighten up my day at work I will. It's better than looking at some of the mingers I work with (although they are nice people - just not attractive...). Thank god for iPhones by the way.

We're only looking at pretty pictures most of the time. I enjoy it!

So what? There's plenty of different threads for everyone, you don't have to read them if you don't want to.

This happened the last time we had a celebration on The Frink. Just ignore the naysayers and don't bother with the negativity. Life is too short!

Here, have a strawberry! :D

strawberries.jpg

aragVP0.gif

I'm not the sort who gets all that excited about milestones, but I feel like I want to say something meaningful at the 2 million mark. Meaningful to me, anyway.

When I try to tell people what Morrissey means to me and why it becomes so personal that I can't bring myself to say it. If I try to lighten it up a little and just say that he was there for me at a time in my life when I felt really alone, it starts to sound like it's not all that big of a deal... So I'm never quite sure how to relate it to people.

My two favorite bands have always been The Smiths and The Cure. I was telling someone the other day that when Robert Smith writes a song I feel like I'm hearing the intricacies of a dream, whereas when Morrissey writes a song I feel like I've just had cold reality slammed into my brain, but it's so poetically and artfully done that somehow I can take it. It opens up a part of my mind that wouldn't allow the painful reality in before he made it beautiful.

THIS (primarily, but also for other reasons) is why I adore him. He says what I feel and he says it so I can take it. He says it to the world and he makes me feel less alone, less odd, less ridiculous.

His voice is very pretty, but it's what I hear of his mind and heart in his voice that makes it like a drug to me. Without his essence behind that voice it would just be another pleasant voice.

He's attractive and I'd probably think so even if he wasn't him, but it's because of what is inside of him that he's so over-the-top gorgeous to my eyes. How could I possibly consider some random man's tummy scar sexy? Abdomen scars aren't inherently sexy. It's the tummy scar of the man whose art penetrated my heart and mind so completely that I was forever changed for the better. The scar of that man becomes a symbol of his pain and of our caring. His entire being is a symbol of who he is inside. Most of us who frequent the frink thread get that.

Happy 2 million, everybody! :thumb:

There have been a few pages here and there on the frink thread that made me cringe a bit - but I just skimmed over them - no big deal.

There's not that many people I like, so if I want to perv at Morrissey to brighten up my day at work I will. It's better than looking at some of the mingers I work with (although they are nice people - just not attractive...). Thank god for iPhones by the way.

We're only looking at pretty pictures most of the time. I enjoy it!

You're right, I don't 'have to read them', but I am entitled to an opinion, just as everyone else is. I wasn't having a go at anyone, it doesn't actually affect my life that much! It's just a bit sad to me that almost every time I have looked on this site the most recent post is on the 'frink thread.'

But thanks for clarifying that someone could be 'a minger' and - amazingly- still a nice person..I had no idea.

People are so quick to jump on anyone who even dares think about questioning something.If you enjoy it then great, I was just saying..

I was just saying..[/QUOTE]

As, was I. It's just that what you wrote is a bit of a non-argument or mute point really.

This is a forum, with different threads for different interests. Each to their own - that's pretty much all I wanted to say.

The frink thread is probably the most popular because it's the easiest to read and the prettiest to look at. There are also a lot of people (who I don't know) who post here that seem really nice and post funny comments. That's about it.

Also, don't you think that people can be average looking or even ugly but still nice people?! Some of the people I work with are downright odd (and I'm sure we all have our little foibles), but are lovely to talk to. Doesn't mean they're not mingers...

[/QUOTE]Also, don't you think that people can be average looking or even ugly but still nice people?! Some of the people I work with are downright odd (and I'm sure we all have our little foibles), but are lovely to talk to. Doesn't mean they're not mingers...[/QUOTE]

Is that a serious question?

Also, don't you think that people can be average looking or even ugly but still nice people?! Some of the people I work with are downright odd (and I'm sure we all have our little foibles), but are lovely to talk to. Doesn't mean they're not mingers...[/QUOTE]

Is that a serious question?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Looks and personality are not the same thing. You can look past one and see the other.

Also, don't you think that people can be average looking or even ugly but still nice people?! Some of the people I work with are downright odd (and I'm sure we all have our little foibles), but are lovely to talk to. Doesn't mean they're not mingers...

Is that a serious question?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Looks and personality are not the same thing. You can look past one and see the other.[/QUOTE]

Erm...yes, I do realise this. I was being sarcastic in the first place.

Is that a serious question?

Yep.

Looks and personality are not the same thing. You can look past one and see the other.[/QUOTE]

Erm...yes, I do realise this. I was being sarcastic in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Well don't post rhetorical questions then!:D

Shall we draw a line under this and call it a day?

Back
Top Bottom