morrissey frink thread!

You all are so dear. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it was amazing and wonderful. Truly a dream come true. When it was happening I really became that worshipful kid again and my life with him flashed before my eyes.

:love:

OK, the finger is a tad better, so here I go!

jamescagney and I wanted the Morrissey experience, so we planned on going to Book Soup and then to The Cat And Fiddle to meet friends to say our goodbyes. Book Soup was GREAT! OMG, I looove it there. I wish I'd had longer, but I had to be at TCAF by 8:30. As I was leaving I said to the shop girl, "So... Does Morrissey come in here sometimes?" She said that he comes in a lot and the "the dude is big, ya know?" She made a broad shoulders gesture. I said, "I know." I smiled. Heehee.

That was nice to read :D
I'd never dare to ask him. I'm too shy for that.

I love the blue colour you chose for the tattoo! I know that's the last thing I should be focusing on - but it's really nice!
Thank you. I thought it was pretty Smithsy. :D It was originally written in red, but they say that many people experience allergic reactions to red tattoo ink. I am a highly allergic person, so I didn't chance it. Plus, this is just better, imo. It matches my synesthesia for those words too.

Ok. To clear the Julie/Julia name-saying episode:

Morrissey had gotten stuff from people on the right and his hands were getting full. That's when he got the kid's photo wearing a Morrissey tshirt. Morrissey got Scarlet's stuff, glanced at it and said clearly "Thank you Julie".
And it wasn't off the mic either. It was just a bit far from the mic because his hands were full of stuff.

If a bootleg from this show surfaces anywhere, I guarantee you'll be able to make a ringtone out of it.

If a bootleg from this show surfaces anywhere, I guarantee you'll be able to make a ringtone out of it.

Wow. Noice. And so terribly terribly exciting. I'm sure Julia can't wait! :)

OK, the finger is a tad better, so here I go!

jamescagney and I wanted the Morrissey experience, so we planned on going to Book Soup and then to The Cat And Fiddle to meet friends to say our goodbyes. Book Soup was GREAT! OMG, I looove it there. I wish I'd had longer, but I had to be at TCAF by 8:30. As I was leaving I said to the shop girl, "So... Does Morrissey come in here sometimes?" She said that he comes in a lot and the "the dude is big, ya know?" She made a broad shoulders gesture. I said, "I know." I smiled. Heehee.

So then we drove to TCAF and as we pulled up jamescagney said, "Is that Hugh?" Hugh is a fan who is slightly Morrissey-shaped, but smaller. I looked and I said, "OH MY GOD THAT'S MORRISSEYYYY!" I am then told that I cursed a blue streak. I don't remember that part as cursing isn't a big part of my nature. Ahem.

Keep in mind that I had no idea he'd be around. I'd heard he'd flown to NY that day, so I was in a total state of shock. I jumped out of the car into a puddle about 3 inches deep and I sprinted into TCAF behind Morrissey and Sarah... But as quietly as possible.

When I got inside he was being seated and I was being waved over to friends. Their eyes were all wide and they were fidgeting. We all just sat there wondering what to do. It was the strangest feeling ever. My face was hot. I ordered the grilled veggie plate and was trying to eat, but I couldn't. I hadn't eaten all day, so I felt that I really should have some food in me to face whatever it was that was going to happen.

Then he got up and walked out. Three of us, on autopilot, got up and followed him out at a respectable distance. I was the third, so I figured that if the first woman out there received a sour response from him that I could just turn on my heel and walk away. But he wasn't sour at all. He was very nice. Smiling. One of us asked if we could all take a photo with him and he asked that no photos be taken. She put her camera away. He signed our arms. I think I was the first to ask for a hug and he gave it willingly. I recall the feeling of velvet under my fingers. His squeeze was at the same pace and depth of all the other times you've seen him hug someone on film. I didn't linger on the hug though. I didn't want to freak him out. It was obvious that he was a little shy. He had his shy smile on nearly the entire time. It's so strange that he gets so shy, isn't it? I mean, he's such a bold person. Weird.

After I hugged him I told him that these past shows have been fantastic and he said, "Well, some of them", with a slight nose wrinkle. I looked at his teeth at this time and made note of the fact that his teeth are really cute. We're so used to famous people with their perfectly gathered and aligned teeth, but when he's standing in front of you and you see him like he's just A Guy, his teeth are nice. Idiosyncratic teefz. I'm not sure why I focused on his teeth other than... Well, I've always liked his unique teeth.

He was handsomeness personified, by the way. He looked younger to me than he does when he's on the stage. He had color in his cheeks. He... Oh, he's just lovely.

Bad thing: As he was writing on me I was looking at his face and his hand and my arm. I saw that it looked like he might run out of space and I said, "Oh, no... Are you running out of space?" He said, "No, I'm not." Then I felt stupid for highlighting the fact that my fat upper arm is a vast canvas of flesh. :[ I wish I hadn't said that now.

You know, he was being really dear to all of us. Another friend who arrived late saw him get into his cab. He knocked on the window and motioned to Morrissey that he just wanted a moment of his time. Morrissey rolled down the window and when he was asked to sign my friend's arm, he got out of the cab and signed him. Sweetly.

I don't care what anyone says in the future, Morrissey is a great guy. I know he has his moods, but last night he was over-the-top giving and dear and.. .... .. Oh, I love him. Love love love him.

I'll post more frink soon. I don't have it all uploaded yet.

*smiles as she wipes away tears*
oh my dear this was just lovely, and you were so so lucky, you deserved this though and im incredibly pleased for you. *hugs*

*smiles as she wipes away tears*
oh my dear this was just lovely, and you were so so lucky, you deserved this though and im incredibly pleased for you. *hugs*

I was just clearing out some of my old sent text messages and one of the ones I sent Scarlet that night says "The thought of you making contact w his belly is making me cry! In a good way!" :lbf:

I think what's most poignant about it besides the fact that it was people we know so we know how much it meant to them, was that it was the last interaction/sighting/contact we may have until....??? I hate the not knowing. Even if you didn't know if a show would go on, or if a release date got pushed back, at least you could see that something coming. Even if they announced there would be a concert 2 years from now in the Arctic, at least it would be something to grasp onto. I don't like this...emptiness. And I know it's only been a few days and announcements of this-and-that will no doubt occur sometime next year, I still feel very in-limbo.

Sorry, that was SO NOT Frinky!!! Here's a couple from David E. Greenwald's Flickr pics from the Gibson gig. If these were already posted here, tuff, you're seeing them again! :p I want to pat his belly in the second one. :horny:

4182713532_7814a05ee4.jpg

4182711328_939407c9f9.jpg

4181940419_8c122726b2.jpg

I was just clearing out some of my old sent text messages and one of the ones I sent Scarlet that night says "The thought of you making contact w his belly is making me cry! In a good way!" :lbf:

I think what's most poignant about it besides the fact that it was people we know so we know how much it meant to them, was that it was the last interaction/sighting/contact we may have until....??? I hate the not knowing. Even if you didn't know if a show would go on, or if a release date got pushed back, at least you could see that something coming. Even if they announced there would be a concert 2 years from now in the Arctic, at least it would be something to grasp onto. I don't like this...emptiness. And I know it's only been a few days and announcements of this-and-that will no doubt occur sometime next year, I still feel very in-limbo.

Sorry, that was SO NOT Frinky!!! Here's a couple from David E. Greenwald's Flickr pics from the Gibson gig. If these were already posted here, tuff, you're seeing them again! :p I want to pat his belly in the second one. :horny:

That shirt and trousers are HAWT!!!!!! :horny:

So is Morrissey! :p

agreed,
and im LOVIN those trousers.. :horny:

agreed,
and im LOVIN those trousers.. :horny:

I must say, I really did not appreciate the trousers until I saw them in person. After that, I am understanding why there is so much excitement...

I hadn't seen this one (sure the rest of you had) but it just makes me melt. It's from the wonderful LA Weekly interview in 07.
1706234_47.jpg

In fact, I like it so much I'm gonna make it my avatar.
OK, just did.

You know what? I like Morrissey more than I ever knew I did... Which is saying something! Not only is he the most talented singer/songwriter alive today, but he's also a really nifty human being.

This isn't news to any of you, is it? Hahaha.

I'm uploading a bunch of videos from the tour and I'll post them here as soon as they're on YouTube. They're huge, so they're taking forever. :[

Back
Top Bottom