Morrissey flirting with Turkey the biggest meat hub for European meat industry

A

Anonymous

Media are today reporting that Turkey is the hub for europes meat industry and that the animals transported there are not checked during transport and are halal slaughtered and have to endure very bad treatment.

Morrissey should cut all ties with Turkey and never tour there again and his Istanbul song should not be performed evert again.

This news is so new there is not yet any news online but it was reported on tv. However, many years ago the same news was published by animal friendly organisations. Morrissey must be informed of this and it seems to me his knowledge on this issue that he cares so much about is very limited.

Is he sincerely concerned about animal welfare or is he using it to make more fans?

People should be more worried about Turkey's human rights violations.

People should be more worried about Turkey's human rights violations.

They go hand in hand do they not?

I assume Moz thinks so anyway but when people are presented with facts they tend to answer like you and shift focus to something else despite there not being any conflict between the two.

No, they are not in conflict with each other, I just thought that in light of recent events and with escalating grave human rights violations in Turkey, to call for a boycott now because of animal rights seemed weird.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a vegetarian and care about animal rights, I just thought the timing was strange.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/turkey-crackdown-human-rights-coup-purge-torture

No, they are not in conflict with each other, I just thought that in light of recent events and with escalating grave human rights violations in Turkey, to call for a boycott now because of animal rights seemed weird.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a vegetarian and care about animal rights, I just thought the timing was strange.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/turkey-crackdown-human-rights-coup-purge-torture

It is just another reason to boycott that horrible country that must never be allowed to become european as it is not european and belong to the middle east.

I cannot think of a country that manages to break both human and animal rights in one go at the moment and you start to wonder if they can make anything right down there.

L O L caught out yet again ! :rolleyes:
Dear oh dear, how many times have I said the animals are his gimmick.
CrankFraud strikes again :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

It is just another reason to boycott that horrible country that must never be allowed to become european as it is not european and belong to the middle east.

I cannot think of a country that manages to break both human and animal rights in one go at the moment and you start to wonder if they can make anything right down there.

Oh, "the Europe" ! Let's check out sir... :tiphat:

You mean this, "250 Whales Slaughtered" ??? :eek:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stab-death-slaughter-turns-sea-red-blood.html

Maybe this, "Zoophilia" ??? :sick:
In Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Romania..this is legal (according to Wikipedia, you can check).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia_and_the_law

Try another one, "Greece poisons cats, animal abuses in Netherlands, stray dog massacres in Romania" :(
http://randomstory.org/10-countries-that-are-most-cruel-to-animals/

Still not convinced... "European Pet Trade Story" :tears:
http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/animals-breeders-european-pet-trade/

Yeah, yeah; "animal rights in Europe". I see. :drama:

Besides, I respect your thoughts. You write, I read. That's ok. However you're explicitly saying, "that horrible country". That "horrible" country is my homeland sir. Your words are so offending. I am fully aware of things going on here. Unfortunately, lot of bad things happened. I can assure you ! You know nothing, but we are living here.

Further, I am not claiming that my country is the best one in the means of human/animal rights. But you cannot say "that horrible" country. There are millions of good people living in this land. I'm sure Morrissey loved those kind of people. Not radicals. Some people may "belong to Middle East" (due their apperances or religious believes), but it does not mean that they are "creatures". They are also human beings. Human lives really matters.

Don't you ever forget this, none of those "innocent" (excluding all those radicals, masters of war, terrorists, etc.) Middle East citizens are creatures. No matter where they live in Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria or else. No ! They are all human beings. Just like YOU.

If a person is not involving in terrorism, that's ok. An innocent Syrian, an innocent Turkish, an innocent Israeli.. No difference. People are people. Radicals and other blood thirsty demons are repetitively killing dozens of Muslims each week. In Iraq and Syria. They are killing innocent people. Have you heard about Syrian refugees ? People trying to leave their beloved country due to terrorism and civil wars ? Drowned boy, "Alan Kurdi" ? An innocent boy. This is absolutely heartbreaking. I pray for him. I pray for the French baby killed in Nice. I pray for humanity.

You know why ?

I just believe in humanity, not nations and flags.

You may say that I'm overreacting but I will absolutely say no. No. Maybe you are not aware of things but these kinds of self-rightous words ("horrible country", "that Middle Eastern people", "that Muslims", "that THAT") really hurts us. Numerous of people in Turkey, Iraq and Syria are willing to be a full-time world citizens. Accepting the terms of Free World. Democracy, human rights. I believe in democracy. I believe in both human and animal rights. Maybe you don't believe my words, but yes, truly yes, thousands of people are trying to change this system in Middle East. People are trying. But some people (don't get me wrong sir I am talking about people in general) are still trying to label them. "You are Iraqi, Turkish, so you do not belong to Europe." Why ? Because of our religious believes or our skin colors ? Who can judge this ? We all see, there can be some European Christian or atheist murderers, terrorists, Neo-Nazis who almost have spend their lives in Europe. But they can also murder people. So how can you explain this ?

Last but not least, in Middle East, there is a saying, "shalom aleichem (Hebrew version)" or "as-salamu alaykum (Arabic version), which means, "Peace be upon you". It is so nice.

Peace be upon you, sir.

I did not mean to offend you or anyone else. Really. Just wanted to express myself. If you feel bad because of my words, I am trully sorry. And I mean it. I just want to break down the prejudices.

Sincerely,

GG.

I couldn't agree more. They haven't changed at all since the Ottoman Empire.

If M refused to play everywhere that is cruel to animals, he would have nowhere to play.

welcome to hell on earth.

:straightface:

Exactly.

Sadly, each country has their own issues about both human and animal rights. None of us can say "this country has no problem". Some have real problems, some have less problems. But at the end of day, they all have problems. Capital punishment in States, settler violence in Israel, dolphi slaughters in Japan, executions in Saudi Arabia and China, LGBT rights in Russia, etc. We all have problems. The world is full of problems.

True artists must try to change the world. Either by words (e.g. solidarity messages) or by taking action (participating in demonstrations or helding concerts). IMHO, Moz should visit all countries. Canada, Turkey, Isreal, China, or even Iran. And spread his message: "don't kill animals (or we can also extend this, don't kill living things)". If you put a wall between people and say "ok, you all kill animals, you are 'sub-species', you do this, you do that", you cannot reach any of your goals. The keyword here is dialogue.

However, I must remind something else: "whitewashing goverment policies is another thing". You can visit a country having dozens of human rights violations, but you should not keep quiet during your concert (you should protest those policies) or you should not strike a pose with authorities with a big smile on your face. You know what I mean ?

Regards,

GG.

If M refused to play everywhere that is cruel to animals, he would have nowhere to play.

welcome to hell on earth.

:straightface:

So true, this is hell. Even if you are having a decent good time in this life, you can't ignore the atrocities that are happening in this world. Unless you have no heart or you are in love, because love is like a drug that makes people see everything wonderful.

Oh, "the Europe" ! Let's check out sir... :tiphat:

You mean this, "250 Whales Slaughtered" ??? :eek:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stab-death-slaughter-turns-sea-red-blood.html

Maybe this, "Zoophilia" ??? :sick:
In Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Romania..this is legal (according to Wikipedia, you can check).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia_and_the_law

Try another one, "Greece poisons cats, animal abuses in Netherlands, stray dog massacres in Romania" :(
http://randomstory.org/10-countries-that-are-most-cruel-to-animals/

Still not convinced... "European Pet Trade Story" :tears:
http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/animals-breeders-european-pet-trade/

Yeah, yeah; "animal rights in Europe". I see. :drama:

Besides, I respect your thoughts. You write, I read. That's ok. However you're explicitly saying, "that horrible country". That "horrible" country is my homeland sir. Your words are so offending. I am fully aware of things going on here. Unfortunately, lot of bad things happened. I can assure you ! You know nothing, but we are living here.

Further, I am not claiming that my country is the best one in the means of human/animal rights. But you cannot say "that horrible" country. There are millions of good people living in this land. I'm sure Morrissey loved those kind of people. Not radicals. Some people may "belong to Middle East" (due their apperances or religious believes), but it does not mean that they are "creatures". They are also human beings. Human lives really matters.

Don't you ever forget this, none of those "innocent" (excluding all those radicals, masters of war, terrorists, etc.) Middle East citizens are creatures. No matter where they live in Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria or else. No ! They are all human beings. Just like YOU.

If a person is not involving in terrorism, that's ok. An innocent Syrian, an innocent Turkish, an innocent Israeli.. No difference. People are people. Radicals and other blood thirsty demons are repetitively killing dozens of Muslims each week. In Iraq and Syria. They are killing innocent people. Have you heard about Syrian refugees ? People trying to leave their beloved country due to terrorism and civil wars ? Drowned boy, "Alan Kurdi" ? An innocent boy. This is absolutely heartbreaking. I pray for him. I pray for the French baby killed in Nice. I pray for humanity.

You know why ?

I just believe in humanity, not nations and flags.

You may say that I'm overreacting but I will absolutely say no. No. Maybe you are not aware of things but these kinds of self-rightous words ("horrible country", "that Middle Eastern people", "that Muslims", "that THAT") really hurts us. Numerous of people in Turkey, Iraq and Syria are willing to be a full-time world citizens. Accepting the terms of Free World. Democracy, human rights. I believe in democracy. I believe in both human and animal rights. Maybe you don't believe my words, but yes, truly yes, thousands of people are trying to change this system in Middle East. People are trying. But some people (don't get me wrong sir I am talking about people in general) are still trying to label them. "You are Iraqi, Turkish, so you do not belong to Europe." Why ? Because of our religious believes or our skin colors ? Who can judge this ? We all see, there can be some European Christian or atheist murderers, terrorists, Neo-Nazis who almost have spend their lives in Europe. But they can also murder people. So how can you explain this ?

Last but not least, in Middle East, there is a saying, "shalom aleichem (Hebrew version)" or "as-salamu alaykum (Arabic version), which means, "Peace be upon you". It is so nice.

Peace be upon you, sir.

I did not mean to offend you or anyone else. Really. Just wanted to express myself. If you feel bad because of my words, I am trully sorry. And I mean it. I just want to break down the prejudices.

Sincerely,

GG.

Good post and sorry you have to defend yourself against the racist assholery on here.

Can I just say, with regards to the animal rights situation in Greece that you brought up, that there is an appalling amount of stray dogs and cats all over Greece (and that, yes, unfortunately they often get poisoned) but that there is also a number of initiatives, especially on the islands, to spay and neuter them and to re-home stray dogs and cats.

I've adopted two stray dogs from Greece and they are the best, healthiest and most loyal dogs I've ever known. It's something I can wholeheartedly recommend - adopt a Greek dog instead of buying one from a breeder!

Last edited:
Good post and sorry you have to defend yourself against the racist assholery on here.

Can I just say, with regards to the animal rights situation in Greece that you brought up, that there is an appalling amount of stray dogs and cats all over Greece (and that, yes, unfortunately they often get poisoned) but that there is also a number of initiatives, especially on the islands, to spay and neuter them and to re-home stray dogs and cats.

I've adopted two stray dogs from Greece and they are the best, healthiest and most loyal dogs I've ever known. It's something I can wholeheartedly recommend - adopt a Greek dog instead of buying one from a breeder!

There is no racism in attacking Turkey who has never ever followed human right laws. You marxists need to decided what you believe in and what you don't believe in as you cannot have both. If anyone defends racism it is that turk and you.

Horrible country with a horrible religion. If the cars come upon a red light, theyll veer into the sidewalk with a disregard to pedestrians.

There is no racism in attacking Turkey who has never ever followed human right laws. You marxists need to decided what you believe in and what you don't believe in as you cannot have both. If anyone defends racism it is that turk and you.

Anyone with half a brain knows that there is a difference between criticising a regime for its human rights violations and labelling an entire nation (as horrible). There are millions of good people living in Turkey.

Yeah all these Muslim are full of wonderful people that sit back and allow a 'tiny' minority to do as they please.
They get upset when someone makes a post on the internet, but when the neighbor shoots a bazooka they dont give it a second thought, it doesnt bother them.
There was a sizeable amount of people that took to the streets to defend the Islamic regime and even larger that sat back and went along in agreement. Silence is assent.

The best thing about the situation is that chances of Turkey joining Europe are next to zero.

Anyone with half a brain knows that there is a difference between criticising a regime for its human rights violations and labelling an entire nation (as horrible). There are millions of good people living in Turkey.

A very silent majority then, don't you think?

Yeah all these Muslim are full of wonderful people that sit back and allow a 'tiny' minority to do as they please.
They get upset when someone makes a post on the internet, but when the neighbor shoots a bazooka they dont give it a second thought, it doesnt bother them.
There was a sizeable amount of people that took to the streets to defend the Islamic regime and even larger that sat back and went along in agreement. Silence is assent.

The best thing about the situation is that chances of Turkey joining Europe are next to zero.

Standing ovation, could not agree more.

If you elect Erdogan you are not part of the problem, YOU are the problem.

Thank you. Sometimes people are not aware of the fact that some words are louder than bombs. Pity.

Oh, it's my mistake not to search properly. But I just want to picture the situation in Europe. I'm sorry. I did not mean to make people confused. So as I understand, the situation up there is quite similar in Turkey. Maybe you know, there are also numerous stray dogs and cats here and unfortunately, sometimes municipal officials poison them. Hopefully, there are shelters (even though some of them are in bad conditions), where you can adopt spayed pets. We've been demonstrating against wrongful animal rights laws for years. Vegans and activists are active here. Some problems were solved. But still we have a long road to run. :thumb:

Good to hear that. I adopted a stray cat four years ago which got really hurt (almost lost one of her legs). We healed, spayed and vaccinated her. She's happy right now living in my humble abode. :) Yeah, I also encourage my buddies to adopt animals from shelters. There are different kinds of dog breeds in shelters, terriers, german shephards, and even golden retrievers.

Back
Top Bottom