Morrissey/ Father Ted and Eurosong '96

Tingle3

The other evening an old episode (well they're all old aren't they?) of Father Ted was on the telly. It was the episode of Eurosong '96 when Ted and Dougal win "Eurosong 96" (parody of Eurovision Song Contest). When they were shown performing their song "My Lovely, Lovely Horse" there was a section when there was a cut to the 'audience' and it was just like an excerpt from "You have Killed Me". I wonder if Morrissey's director had seen that episode? :D

If God exists, then Johnny Logan will be devoured by his German Shepherd dogs.

I never noticed the Moz refs but strangley Bjork (NME and Posters on Dougals wall) and not so strangley The Divine Comedy, Bob Geldof, Daniel O'Donnell and Johnny Logan will all have a smug grin after viewing that episode.

Classic Episode, right up there with the one where Bishop Lennahan getting a kick...Which makes me laugh every time i see it.

Reggie,

Last edited:
Re: If God exists, then Johnny Logan will be devoured by his German Shepherd dogs.

Reggie Pepper said:
I never noticed the Moz refs but strangley Bjork (NME and Posters on Dougals wall) and not so strangley The Divine Comedy, Bob Geldof, Daniel O'Donnell and Johnny Logan will all have a smug grin after viewing that episode.

Classic Episode, right up there with the one where Bishop Lennahan getting a kick...Which makes me laugh every time i see it.

Reggie,

Crilly just...jumped through the window.:p

Back
Top Bottom