Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention

Well, it looks like Anne Marie Waters considers Morrissey a supporter:

Morrissey is someone who whines self righteously about the British occupation of Ireland and then plays in Israel.

If he supports someone happy to group all Muslims then perhaps he won't mind if I assume that every Briton of Irish descent like himself is an IRA apologist who supported their deeds against British soldiers and civilians.

So you would do the same thing as what you are accusing him of?
It is counter productive and undermines your opinion big time.

One thing I've noticed is the increasing predilection for fascism among gays and lesbians. That AdF woman Weidel, Waters, Jorg Haider, Fortuyn. All the way back to the Sturmabteilung and Ernst Rohm.

Do they think the unreconstructed types who fill fascist movements won't get around to dealing with them eventually? They're playing a very dangerous game.

As for Zionism......

Last edited:
Of course it wasn't. Morrissey could burn the Quran onstage, and there'd still be a hardcore insisting he might have done it simply because he was feeling a bit chilly.

Maybe he was.
Feeling a bit chilly.
But your remark started to make me think about what would happen if someone, anyone, leftish, insane, or a from an Islamic background would burn the bible.
Not much I'd expect. First it would be tried to keep it hidden and played down.

It's okay to make fun, insult and condemn one religion and nobody is worried about any extremist, murderous, Christian terrorists cause there aren't.
But don't try to burn a Qur'an. You will be murdered.
That is why it is dangerous now to say any critical thing about one religion and safe to criticise another.
Oh thanks so much for freedom of religion and speech.

I sympathize somewhat with this article from the huffington post

Dear liberals: being critical of Islam is not racist
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8930598

I feel that an elements of liberals in my country, in which I see parallels elsewhere, have lost there minds in reaction to trump ring president ironically in many ways similar to how the right went crazy when Obama became president

Maybe he was.
Feeling a bit chilly.
But your remark started to make me think about what would happen if someone, anyone, leftish, insane, or a from an Islamic background would burn the bible.
Not much I'd expect. First it would be tried to keep it hidden and played down.

It's okay to make fun, insult and condemn one religion and nobody is worried about any extremist, murderous, Christian terrorists cause there aren't.
But don't try to burn a Qur'an. You will be murdered.
That is why it is dangerous now to say any critical thing about one religion and safe to criticise another.
Oh thanks so much for freedom of religion and speech.
There are plenty of extremist murderous Christians, Quando. Always have been.

There are plenty of extremist murderous Christians, Quando. Always have been.

I know there were in the past.
So why is it that I'm not afraid of them now?
Can you name them as they are claiming the right to kill anybody, even if they are Christians too?
Which Christian extremist terrorist groups claiming murdering everybody, motivated by what the bible says they should do? I really wanna know so I can be afraid of them too.

Can you name them as they are claiming the right to kill anybody, even if they are Christians too?
Which Christian extremist terrorist groups claiming murdering everybody, motivated by what the bible says they should do? I really wanna know so I can be afraid of them too.
As long as you aren't a woman, minority, homosexual, immigrant, any other religion, but especially Muslim, in the market for an abortion, or a military funeral without GOD HATES FAGS signs, etc etc, then you should be fine. You could watch the 700 club, or Trinity broadcast network too, if you want a quick refresher on what radical Christianity looks like.
I'm not afraid of them. I think they're fools. Just like any other extremist.

As long as you aren't a woman, minority, homosexual, immigrant, any other religion, but especially Muslim, in the market for an abortion, or a military funeral without GOD HATES FAGS signs, etc etc, then you should be fine. You could watch the 700 club, or Trinity broadcast network too, if you want a quick refresher on what radical Christianity looks like.

Are you sure? I don't defend any radical opinion, but some radical views are more dangerous than others, at least in our contemporary times.

But I AM a minority too.
There's only one of me, as far as I know.
Which might be a blessing in disguise for the world, for all I know.
But that world doesn't deserve my blessing so why should I? It can go f*** itself.
I am happy for you, being not afraid and personally I am not afraid either, yet.
But many of the persons being killed were not afraid either.

Are you sure? I don't defend any radical opinion, but some radical views are more dangerous than others, at least in our contemporary times.

Danger hides in plain sight. And if you don't think Evangelical Christians who believe that this Earth is here for the spoiling and plundering are dangerous, then I don't know how else I could convince you. Folks who believe that the rapture is imminent, and true paradise is only in the next world. That is spooky stuff.

Let's talk about those ridiculous black panther t-shirts he had the band wear. Is he serious? Morrissey is now simply pandering to deflect form his other opinions.

He seems oblivious to how ham-fisted the Baldwin shirt, and his other cliched rebel wear, and slogans come across?

He told the crowd they didn't get his UKIP comment, when there doesn't appear to have been a joke made. He just didn't like the result, and said as much in a sarcastic fashion. Did he really expect applause even under the best circumstances? Was there a better way to express that opinion to a crowd that was either confused, or didn't seem to care?

People are always less afraid of their own extremists because they're much more familiar with them. Right Wing extremism has already reared its ugly head across Europe, and America. These groups also identify with, and make it a point to remind everyone that they are defending their Christian heritage. If you think that's going away, or isn't going to become bigger as demographics shift, then you need a history lesson, and some people skills.

You're supposed to head these things off, not wait for them to metastasize.

You're anger and your panic is visceral, and tribal. It's being aroused by a small minority who you have a microscopic chance of ever being touched by. You have a much greater chance of your life being affected by your own citizens, and the politicians they elect.

By turning this into a single issue voting platform, you are making yourselves much more vulnerable to more immediate threats. You are letting these extremists rip your societies apart with very little effort. You voted to leave the European Union over immigration when your immigration levels are not likely to change because of it. So, now you have handicapped your economic opportunities, and have permanently divided the public for nothing, or very little. Now you get to watch it rot.

I hate to say it, but looking back on the West since 9/11, it has become apparent that Osama Bin Laden won. It doesn't matter that he's dead, or if any extremist leader is dead. He got the predicted reaction, and he now has the world living in fear indefinitely without much effort. He has an endless supply of troops, and he has you fighting on his terms.

By all means feel anger, feel sadness, feel determined about fighting them where they arise, but don't let them get so inside your head that you get baited into eating yourselves.

But I AM a minority too.
There's only one of me, as far as I know.
Which might be a blessing in disguise for the world, for all I know.
But that world doesn't deserve my blessing so why should I? It can go f*** itself.
I am happy for you, being not afraid and personally I am not afraid either, yet.
But many of the persons being killed were not afraid either.

No, you're an individual within a group. We are discussing minority groups in the religious, ethnic, racial sense.

Also, your attitude about the world, if it were dominant, ultimately results a zero sum game. If people already know that their own citizens won't ever care about them, or their issues then those people become justified in aggressively obtaining, and wielding power for their own protection. They can't afford to compromise, and consider your interests if they conflict. They know their opponent doesn't care.

This kind of thinking may make sense to a resentful shut-in, who is detached from the human experience, but it's a disaster for any society that hopes to avoid civil war, or an easy take-over.

If you don't care if others burn, then no one should care if someone burns you.

What is it with the seventies generation of British pop stars?

It seems that there has always been a weird flirtation, or outright support for fascism in many of these British celebrities. It doesn't even seem to track with a strictly left, or right mindset.

Reading Eric Clapton's off the charts racist hate speech from a seventies concert, and learning that he has never really dismissed it is chilling.

These old farts keep this shit festering inside of them just waiting to let it leak out in passive-aggressive ways.

One thing I've learned growing up as a man is that at least four out of every ten men in a group is likely a pedophile, and nine out of every ten men in a group likely harbors deep racial resentment.

Six out out of every ten women in a group would probably love them for it.

Danger hides in plain sight. And if you don't think Evangelical Christians who believe that this Earth is here for the spoiling and plundering are dangerous, then I don't know how else I could convince you. Folks who believe that the rapture is imminent, and true paradise is only in the next world. That is spooky stuff.

Seriously, you can't compare the outcome of both beliefs. As bad and dangerous as Evangelicals are, they never threw gays from the roofs to celebrate the new year.

Seriously, you can't compare the outcome of both beliefs. As bad and dangerous as Evangelicals are, they never threw gays from the roofs to celebrate the new year.

You need to look at that from the Muslim perspective, though. The fact is that gay people keep groups of children locked in basements so they can rape them. Or, at least that might have happened once. Or it might be an internet myth, or I might have just made it up. But that's not what's important. What's important is that, obviously, all the gays are responsible for that. Plus, the guy out of Savage Garden is one, and they were bloody awful. So, when you think about it, why not throw gays off a roof? It's only once a year, after all, and they eat the corpses and drink the blood, so it's not like anything goes to waste.

Back
Top Bottom