Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
*apologies - this link has been posted already - universal ignore button strikes again*

The Guardian:
Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention.

By: Stuart Heritage.

Excerpt:
"I keep refreshing Marr’s Twitter account to see when he’s going to ban Morrissey from liking the Smiths. Perhaps you heard the latest. During a live set being broadcast on BBC 6 Music to promote his new album this week, Morrissey decided to veer away from traditionally appropriate crowd patter such as, “This is a new song,” and “Woo!” to gravely discuss his views on the Ukip leadership contest. “I was very surprised the other day – it was very interesting to me – to see Anne Marie Waters become the head of Ukip,” he said, before adding: “Oh no, sorry, she didn’t. The voting was rigged. Sorry, I forgot.”

The response? Silence. Absolute, world-swallowing silence from the crowd, all of whom seemed utterly mortified. They were supposed to be having a fun afternoon out, watching the singer from their favourite teenage band tear through some classics, and instead they found themselves being subjected to Bad Moz and His Suspect Politics. “Ukip” just isn’t a word with which to win over a 6 Music audience. “I like secondhand corduroy jackets,” yes. “I miss the Soup Dragons,” yes. Swivel-eyed conspiracy theories about far-right parties not electing a leader with a talent for being cruel to specific religions, less so."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/c...-him-johnny-marr-please-stage-an-intervention

Ouch!
One of the less positive responses to yesterday.
Perhaps missing the word 'some' before Morrissey fans?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Newsflash: Pop star comments on mainstream political parties leadership contest...OMG, surely not!!!!!! Lets all pretend this has something to do with Nazis, Fascists, Racists, and any other ists and isms, or lets not. UKIP are a party that campaigned to leave the EEC not Europe, because kids you cannot actually leave Europe due to geography. UKIP have made no comments about race and neither has Waters. You would also be a funny racist to want to leave the EEC, a largely white area and an even funnier racist to leave the almost exclusively white European parliament. Come on lefties, knock your heads together...

And if they don't and the new album does well will the guardian be verified as fake news. I wish the guardian would leave there morrissey obsession alone

Newsflash: Pop star comments on mainstream political parties leadership contest...OMG, surely not!!!!!! Lets all pretend this has something to do with Nazis, Fascists, Racists, and any other ists and isms, or lets not. UKIP are a party that campaigned to leave the EEC not Europe, because kids you cannot actually leave Europe due to geography. UKIP have made no comments about race and neither has Waters. You would also be a funny racist to want to leave the EEC, a largely white area and an even funnier racist to leave the almost exclusively white European parliament. Come on lefties, knock your heads together...

You are immensely naive. There is a litany of UKIPpers who have been banned form their own party for being racist, and Anne Marie Waters was too racist for UKIP.

Anne Marie waters is an Irish feminist lesbian. A former member of the labour party.

Newsflash: OUT OF TOUCH Pop star comments on mainstream political parties leadership contest...OMG, surely not!!!!!! Lets all pretend this has something to do with Nazis, Fascists, Racists, and any other ists and isms, or lets not. UKIP are a party that campaigned to leave the EEC not Europe, because kids you cannot actually leave Europe due to geography. UKIP have made no comments about race and neither has Waters. APART FROM THE ONES THROWN OUT OF THE PARTY. You would also be a funny racist to want to leave the EEC, a largely white area and an even funnier racist to leave the almost exclusively white European parliament. Come on lefties, knock your heads together...

Ammended your post for accuracy

Ammended your post for accuracy
Pop stars are by definition 'out of touch'. Why are you getting so worked up about some individuals within UKIP being racists, there are racists, crooks, paedos, wrong uns in general in every party, every profession, that's just a numbers game. Are you offended by Naz Shahs anti-Semitic comments or her retweeting the extremely offensive posts about the Rotherham girls? Are you offended by Comrade Corbyn describing a proscribed terror group as friends etc etc etc.

Why attack UKIP, why get so upset about perceived racism of all the things to get upset about? Why are you following the narrative laid out for you by the media?

You know what the real problem is? Political parties/MPs/leaders do not have an original idea between them. They are all low achieving, unremarkable middle management cannon fodder.

This country is full of great thinkers, who are simply ignored. There are people with ideas on how to really improve public services etc, but no-one listens.

Nothing depresses me more than to watch the party fanboys and fangirls drool over their paper idols, 'oh Jeremy, oh theresa'....you folks need to try and look beyond the media, the party system and the garbage you are fed through media, mainstream and 'alternative'.

Pop stars are by definition 'out of touch'. Why are you getting so worked up about some individuals within UKIP being racists, there are racists, crooks, paedos, wrong uns in general in every party, every profession, that's just a numbers game. Are you offended by Naz Shahs anti-Semitic comments or her retweeting the extremely offensive posts about the Rotherham girls? Are you offended by Comrade Corbyn describing a proscribed terror group as friends etc etc etc.

Why attack UKIP, why get so upset about perceived racism of all the things to get upset about? Why are you following the narrative laid out for you by the media?

You know what the real problem is? Political parties/MPs/leaders do not have an original idea between them. They are all low achieving, unremarkable middle management cannon fodder.

This country is full of great thinkers, who are simply ignored. There are people with ideas on how to really improve public services etc, but no-one listens.

Nothing depresses me more than to watch the party fanboys and fangirls drool over their paper idols, 'oh Jeremy, oh theresa'....you folks need to try and look beyond the media, the party system and the garbage you are fed through media, mainstream and 'alternative'.

Don't stereotype me, I think UKIP are c***s and the Conservatives, Liberals, Labour are useless twats.

It seems then the full audience were leftist because not a single person got Morrissey's joke/wit/whatever it was intended to be. Anyone can check by watching the video.

'Pop stars are by definition 'out of touch'. And thank god for that!

Though all people have concerns and if given the platform will give voice to those subjects that concern them. It's just unfortunate M goes about it in a manner which is a bit clumsy. In his remarks without explanation it just leaves him open to accusations from people who will see what they want to see and twist what he says to fit their agenda of hate.

'Pop stars are by definition 'out of touch'. And thank god for that!

Though all people have concerns and if given the platform will give voice to those subjects that concern them. It's just unfortunate M goes about it in a manner which is a bit clumsy. In his remarks without explanation it just leaves him open to accusations from people who will see what they want to see and twist what he says to fit their agenda of hate.

Moz has said far worse things like calling meat eaters the equivalent of peados etc. I love Moz, but he talks utter uninformed drivel on just about everything. Let him make music and lounge in hotels talking crap, lets not even consider listening to celebrities on anything, good god , why ask them at all????? Ask a real expert on any given subject, not a bloody celebrity!!!

THE GUARDIAN :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:doh:

The only thing they're guarding is their own ass, headlines and click bait.

'stick in the knife'

'Morrissey decided to veer away from traditionally appropriate crowd patter such as,'

Oh the nerve of our 'pop star' to tell us us how they feel !!! we don't want your opinions, we demand you to sing! and do your little dance for us !! we payed good money !! doh:

I'll put it this way, if people aren't getting upset at his outbursts, then I don't know why I was still able to get online and find Orchestra seats within the first 5-10 rows remaining for his opening night in Portland 5 days after the presale, 4 after general onsale. If stubhub doesn't even think you're a safe bet...
Then again, Portland is the Liberal lefty capitol of the West coast.

Most Morrissey fans tend to lean to the left. Now I don't know if they dress to the left or right. I didn't look very closely.

Last edited:
It seems then the full audience were leftist because not a single person got Morrissey's joke/wit/whatever it was intended to be. Anyone can check by watching the video.
I don't think you have to be leftist to not get the joke.

The Guardian should be for once as liberal as it pretends to be.
If you are a feminist you are OBLIGED to condemn and fight against the contemporary mainstream interpretation of quran promoted by most muslim (religious) states and the culture of hate, terrorism and discrimination derived from that interpretation. Likewise if you are homosexual. Or a human rights supporter. Or a non muslim person, because you are considered an infidel. Or a woman, because you are considerd sub-human. Or a free person, because you don't want to be governed by a religious state that cuts civil rights using god as an excuse. Or an occidental person, because your culture abandoned religious inquisition for good some centuries ago.
That doesn't mean to be against immigrants, to be "racist" or a "right wing" person, because muslims are the first victims of this hateful and biased interpretation of quran. That means you don't want to be brainwashed by media hired by petrodollars. Or governed by people who excuse terrorist attacks like the London mayor. My country is loaded with immigrants and the only terrorist attacks were made by religious leaders of Iran.
Europe is now an antidemocratic and policial state. Look at Catalonia. This isn't liberalism, this is like nazi occupation disguised as something else to fool the ignorants. Propaganda at its best. Oh, Morrissey is way ahead of his times. He thinks and speaks. Totalitarianism always condemn those who think and speak. Like The Guardian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom