Morrissey Dreams

A totally unexpected, :horny: therefore slightly embarrassing one last night.

I dreampt that i met Morrissey in a book shop, i got him to sign a World of Morrissey cd for me, but later it turned into cheese and half the signature sweated off in my bag.

I dreampt that i met Morrissey in a book shop, i got him to sign a World of Morrissey cd for me, but later it turned into cheese and half the signature sweated off in my bag.

...But when all is said and done, it's still you I love. Yes. YES. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHYES.....

(I was just listening to that album. :o Way better than cheese.)

I once had a dream that Moz and I were chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and he turned into Gandalf. Dream-Me didnt mind...then he made fireworks and I was all "yay!"

...then he told me I was a hobbit and I got all pissed because I was really an Elf and left him in Mordor.

Why Don't You F?

...then he told me I was a hobbit and I got all pissed because I was really an Elf and left him in Mordor.

As well you should have!

I had a dream about Moz angering me, too. It was on the morning of the Ventura show, the final show of 2009.

During the 2nd part of a long dream I was at a Morrissey show. I was up at front, very close to Morrissey, no barrier. The band was playing “Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself”. Okay, that's not strange, but the following was...

Morrissey held up a multi-sleeve full of cds. Those were cds from MY collection. How I knew this, I don't know; it's just a dream logic given. I yelled at him to give my discs back and not to scratch them. He is known as someone who touches the bottom (oo-er) of the discs and is not kind, does not rewind (videotapes).

Then Moz takes one of my cds and begins futzing with it on the dual turntables as if they were vinyl discs. f***in' Lee Scratch Perrys it! He's playing the recorded studio version of WDYFOFY while the band is playing the same song live. It creates an interesting layered effect. It's similar to a trick I used to do as a dj: put on two discs of the same cd, start playing the 2nd disc a fraction of a second later and you get an even trippier version. I was so angry at Moz for ruining my records/cds. Then I woke up. IRL, I would not get so het up about cds. They're just plastic and metal media coded with 0 & 1's and easily replaceable.

Speaking of WDYFOFY, when Moz sang it in Sandy Gringo this month, he sang, “your f***ING career” with a nasty growl. I think he dropped the f-werd again @ the Gibson/Universal Amp during that song. I'll have to check. Oddly enough, Moz dropped WDYFOFY from the setlist in Ventura.

last night I kept having a horrible dream involving Morrissey, sort of :straightface:
I kept dreaming I was just missing the train to another city where he was about to play :eek:
but each time I got to the next train station, the train i had to be on(to get the next city on the tour) was just pulling out :(
thankfully, my brain ran out of new cities for the tour, so I finally got some sleep :o

Re: Why Don't You F?

:eek::eek::eek:

*howls* Mel, in one short phrase you killed my fandom. Dead. Morrissey is not worthy and I am adrift.....:tears:

Sorry. You're not the first who's said she's gravely disappointed to learn that Moz touches the bottoms of discs. But mebbe he's developed better habits since then. Would that redeem him? Anyroad, the fillum lover who was horrified about Mozzer's rude handling of dvds got over it and still swoons for him at recent concerts. Gods have clay feet, but they're still gods. Think of it as one of his endearing human quirks/flaws.

Someday, I'm gonna go CSI on those discs that he touched and isolate his fingerprints. Naw, first gonna isolate the dna from his water bottles! :lbf: Hollow claims from someone who washed a Moz sweat 'n' cologne-drenched flannel with hot water, detergent, and bleach.

Re: Why Don't You F?

Sorry. You're not the first who's said she's gravely disappointed to learn that Moz touches the bottoms of discs. But mebbe he's developed better habits since then. Would that redeem him? Anyroad, the fillum lover who was horrified about Mozzer's rude handling of dvds got over it and still swoons for him at recent concerts. Gods have clay feet, but they're still gods. Think of it as one of his endearing human quirks/flaws.

Hmmmmmm. It all rather depends on what Moz gets up to next time he pops up in my dreamscape. I'm still not sure I've forgiven him for stealing my chips, laughing at my pyjamas, telling me my feet smell and trying to get jiggy with me in front of my husband. :squiffy:

I dreamt Moz & the boys were playing this small bar –it had a country-type feel to it- and hardly anyone was there. The stage was small and easily-accessible, I had every intention of getting up there to hug him! I don’t recall what song they played, but they sat down for a break (as if) and some food and he asked me to order food for him. I did (don’t recall what it was) but the order didn’t come… when I asked the waitress, they couldn’t figure out what I ordered (didn’t have it on the menu) and I was freaking out that his order got messed up and now he had nothing. I motioned to him (in frustration & despair) to which he waved to me, “Don’t worry about it”. We sat around talking (Gary Day was there) and I thought, since we’re ‘friends’, we’ll hang out after the show, too!

The band went on to play two cover songs…as I stressed over and tried to figure out the missing menu item, turns out I completely missed the songs. I don’t even recall actually hearing them, but they were some 60’s girl band tune of all things (I blame virtie for putting that era in my head yesterday!) and before I knew it, the show was over and they were leaving to drive off. I went to follow them and couldn’t have been more than a step behind –but then I woke up. As I fell asleep, I tried to pick up the dream where it left off –FAIL- I recall frantically looking for them at 3am thru some construction site. :squiffy: Clearly, not the same dream anymore.

Why don’t my Moz dreams ever make sense. And why are there never happy endings for me. :rolleyes:

A few days ago I dreamt that I was sitting at the back of a room that was like a school class-room. Morrissey was standing in front doing a q and a session with a bunch of very enthusiastic young people seated in rows before him. He looked up momentarily as if requesting feedback, so I shouted up cheerily: "look at you, you are...being Morrissey!"
He smiled, pleased, and then returned to his animated bevy of interviewees. That was it.

I have never dreamt of Morrissey. What is wrong with me?

I lost sleep last night, sweating over this issue. If you've listened to an artist for 15 years; an artist who fills your spirit; if you've listened to a couple of albums a day on average for 15 years; how can you never have had a dream about that person?

Is it repression?

Is there something fundamentally wrong with me?

Do I have sleep apnoea?

I beg of your help, soloists. What is wrong with me?

I lost sleep last night, sweating over this issue. If you've listened to an artist for 15 years; an artist who fills your spirit; if you've listened to a couple of albums a day on average for 15 years; how can you never have had a dream about that person?

Is it repression?

Is there something fundamentally wrong with me?

Do I have sleep apnoea?

I beg of your help, soloists. What is wrong with me?

There is something wrong with you.
But I don't dream about anyone...except myself. (See what I did there?)

Back
Top Bottom