Morrissey discharged from Hospital

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
According to the BBC website, Morrissey has been discharged:
Former Smiths singer Morrissey has been discharged from a Swindon hospital after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties.

He fell to the floor while performing his former band's song This Charming Man at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.

A Great Western Hospital spokeswoman said he was kept overnight as a "precautionary measure" but was "much improved" and had been discharged.

The 50-year-old has cancelled several dates this year because of illness.

Two members of the singer's band took him off stage and an ambulance took him to the hospital.

Jillian Moody, who was at the concert, said initially the crowd was not aware of how serious the singer's condition was.

"It was interesting because a lot of people around us had bought tickets for Morrissey concerts earlier in the year," she said.

"He has cancelled numerous concerts so they just thought that, you know, he had gone off but would be returning.

"I didn't think he looked particularly well but then again, he's sort of well known as a reclusive character so I sort of thought that was just the way he was when he was on stage.

"He kept putting his hand up to his mouth as if he felt sick or... perhaps he was trying to hide something, but he didn't look particularly comfortable."

Morrissey's tour is due to move onto its European leg next month, including gigs in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany and Ireland before moving on to nine dates in the US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8324925.stm

Apparently, Jonathon Ross is suggesting via twitter, that Moz wants to resume the rest of the tour as normal - ridiculous idea I think. Would say most sensible fans would prefer him to rest up, and postpone the UK, if not the European dates.

Great news and a big relief to know he's fine :)

He must be a lot better because Jonathan Ross tweeted that he'd like to continue the tour starting on Tuesday!

I'm very happy. :)

I'm absolutely made up. Leeds would be even sweeter if it goes ahead given what's happened. I love you Morrissey!

fantastic news, this (along with the Liverpool result :D) has brightened up this gloomy day.

but please mozzer, think twice about resuming your tour so soon!

I agree. If he truly feels well and up to it it would be great for him to get back on stage, but I hope he considers resting a bit for the sake of his health.

Wossy is sending him flowers and cupcakes. The image made me smile. :)

Me too. Cute. :D

Awww. I want to see him eating his cupcakes!

And you guys keep saying it wrong, it's the hospital. Get it together. :rolleyes:

I dont understand your quote je suis julie.

CG is our resident sign see-er. She sees "signs" in things connected to Morrissey. I don't really endorse this, but she does have a very interesting take on life, and symbols. Unsolicited side note: CG, I'd love to see you direct all that intense energy into something more positive and ultimately more self-fulfilling. But hey, what do I know?

On the plus side, our man is okay.

On the down side, I wasted an entire afternoon creating a 'Book of Remembrance' website. I feel like such a fool. :D

Back
Top Bottom