Morrissey DISAPPROVES solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets & 3CD set release (TTY)

Re: Morrissey DISAPPROVES solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets & 3CD set release (TT

Rourke had no idea. Joyce had no idea until 1986, when he asked to see the financial statements, and those were so ill-kept he could barely tell even with the numbers in front of him (so he says, the other interpretation being he wasn't bright enough to understand them).

That I can believe.

All I can say is all four members have ended up with the careers they deserve. I certainly don't miss Rourke and Joyce although I still have a soft spot for Andy and when he said it was one of if not the most distressing thing he has had to go through I believe him and can hear the regret in his voice. It seems to have really affected him. Joyce can go jump!

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey DISAPPROVES solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets & 3CD set release (TT

It really is pointless arguing about it unless you can read the members of the Smiths minds and were there at the time.

Put simply, they disagree about what was said and what was arranged.

Rourke and Joyce say they were never told about the arrangement.

Marr and Morrissey claim they were told and the four had a verbal contract.

Whether you think the arrangement was fair or not is immaterial, the judgement was not made on the basis of fairness. It was made on the basis of what the default contract should be based on the actions of all involved.

Great point. But, according to JJ and a few others, there was no contract, so any percentage the judge in the case awarded Joyce and Rourke was bogus?

I simply asked how someone came up with the supposed 10% that Joyce and Rourke felt they were entitled to, and sued for? And never got an answer.

They claim they didnt know? Ok...I'll bite. But, if they claim they "didnt know", then again, how were any percentages, or who made what amount, brought out?

Great point. But, according to JJ and a few others, there was no contract, so any percentage the judge in the case awarded Joyce and Rourke was bogus?

I simply asked how someone came up with the supposed 10% that Joyce and Rourke felt they were entitled to, and sued for? And never got an answer.

They claim they didnt know? Ok...I'll bite. But, if they claim they "didnt know", then again, how were any percentages, or who made what amount, brought out?

I can only assume you would have to ask M&M that question.
Again, only assuming.... but imagine when Mike asked to see the books he discovered he was 'only' on 10% and not the 25% (equal sharing) he assumed he was on.

Jukebox Jury

default contract

default - an option that is selected automatically unless an alternative is specified

Meaning that if there was no contract there was a default contract based on standard set by UK law, as noted earlier in the thread, which would make all assets and liabilities shared equally.

So we can believe that there was no contract and they would get 25% by default, or we can believe there was a verbal contract and they don't remember it the same way or are lying.

I don't think they sued for 10% as you say, but for 25%.

Well: we are still unsure if the songs have actually been remastered or not, being from the original tape or not and HMV is (in my case) failing to ship my 7" box set...it says back in stock in 7 days , possibly it has never been in stock. Moz might be behind all this....what do you think?
Cheers Moz

Which company did you place your order?

It seems imcompetance within the organaisation.

Some people got CD versions from shops, definitely both box sets and CD are on sale since 12th October.

I don't understand this release. I saw the blue box in hmv yesterday, well, now its in one of those three disc cases. i dont see a problem with my original with the card sleeves in the massive cigarette box haha.

Which company did you place your order?

It seems imcompetance within the organaisation.

Some people got CD versions from shops, definitely both box sets and CD are on sale since 12th October.

I ordered from HMV: the cd version was shipped ahead of the actual release date but the box set is still on special order, if you go to their website it says back in stock in 7 days....all a bit strange to me.
Cheers Moz

I've been given an early November release date for the 7" boxes by EMI here in Sweden, perhaps it will be earlier in the UK.

Does anybody actually have the 7" box which was due out October 12th in their hands? It could be that the release date has been postponed.
Cheers Moz

I don't care, I'm still going to buy it. I'm pretty certain Morrissey won't be financially hurt by it.

I've been given an early November release date for the 7" boxes by EMI here in Sweden, perhaps it will be earlier in the UK.

Just checked Recordstore and now shows Nov. 2nd release date for both boxsets. I feel better now knowing that nothing has been mixed up with my order.
Cheers Moz

I really TRY to buy as many new releases as possible from local shops to support them even if it costs a bit more. Sometimes it's difficult though as the record companies screw up the orders. Anyway, I had a guy at a local store call up EMI and ask and the EMI representative said early Nov for the 7" box sets.

HMV is saying 2nd Nov as well http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=252777

£47.99 (free P&P) for the 7" boxed set from HMV.
$43.00 (plus P&P, I think) from Record Store http://www.recordstore.co.uk//homeSearch.jsp?SearchALL=morrissey&whereFrom=homeSearch

Still undecided on this ... nearly £100? I have the originals and see nothing new in these.

Dave

Yes you right, a lot of money for a duplicate. I shall wait, the price might drop over the Christmas period...hopefully.
Cheers Moz

Blatent cashing in from both labels.

I will not be buying either of these. I find it sad that they release these with no heart..simply just to make money. :(

Prior to cd's I dropped enough money collecting all Smiths and the first couple of Morrissey albums on cassette. So, it's time to for a deal with the Parlophone singles.

Just out of curiosity, if a person picked up Swords, Parlophone Singles, Redondo, and KROQ, would they have every possible Morrissey solo track? What else am I missing?

Prior to cd's I dropped enough money collecting all Smiths and the first couple of Morrissey albums on cassette. So, it's time to for a deal with the Parlophone singles.

Just out of curiosity, if a person picked up Swords, Parlophone Singles, Redondo, and KROQ, would they have every possible Morrissey solo track? What else am I missing?

Obviously you will need all the studio albums as well.

Plus the singles that came out in 97 (Parlophone only goes up to 95 and Swords starts in 2004) but I think 'Rare Tracks' covers those.

Spend a bit of time engrossed here - http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-d.htm

Dave

Obviously you will need all the studio albums as well.

Plus the singles that came out in 97 (Parlophone only goes up to 95 and Swords starts in 2004) but I think 'Rare Tracks' covers those.

Spend a bit of time engrossed here - http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-d.htm

Dave

The "expanded" Maladjusted also has all those Rare Tracks b-sides, and also has "Sorrow Will Come in the End" for those in the UK. You'd also need the expanded You Are the Quarry for a couple more b-sides, like "Mexico".

Even then, though, there are a few that have never been compiled. "You Must Please Remember" is really an odd one out - the only song from 1988-1997 that isn't on any albums. More recently, "The Public Image", "The Slum Mums" and "No One Can Hold a Candle To You" aren't on any CD albums, and neither are a few of the Ringleader b-side cover versions. There are also a few live b-sides from recent years.

So there's still plenty of room for more compilations. ;)

Tags
devious truculent unreliable
Back
Top Bottom