Morrissey DISAPPROVES solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets & 3CD set release (TTY)

Kewpie

Subscriber
*edit*
Many thanks to goinghome:
http://true-to-you.net

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/46558

Two new Morrissey box sets consisting of his solo material from 1988 until 1995 are set to be released.

Singles and B-sides including 'Suedehead', 'Everyday Is Like Sunday', 'Piccadilly Palare', 'Disappointed' and 'The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get' are included in the seven-inch vinyl sets, both of which are housed in new lift-off-lid boxes (one of which can be seen in the picture on the right of the page).

The first set features ten chronological singles dating from 1988-1991, and is released on October 12.
The second set is called 'The HMV/Parlophone Singles '91 – '95'. It comes out on November 2.

The tracklisting for each vinyl set is:

The 7" Singles '88 – 91'

A - 'Suedehead'
B - 'I Know Very Well How I Got My Name'

A - 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'
B - 'Disappointed'

A - 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys'
B - 'Lucky Lisp'

A - 'Interesting Drug'
B - 'Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference'

A - 'Oujia Board, Oujia Board'
B - 'Yes I Am Blind'

A - 'November Spawned A Monster'
B - 'He Knows I’d Love To See Him'

A - 'Piccadilly Palare'
B - 'Get Off The Stage'

A - 'Our Frank'
B - 'Journalists Who Lie'

A - 'Sing Your Life'
B - 'That’s Entertainment'

A - 'Pregnant For The Last Time'
B - 'Skin Storm'

The HMV/Parlophone Singles '91-95'

A - 'My Love Life'
B - 'I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty'

A - 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful'
B – 'Suedehead' (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, October 4, 1991)

A - 'You're The One For Me, Fatty'
B - 'Pashernate Love'

A - 'Certain People I Know'
B - 'Jack The Ripper'

A - 'The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get'
B - 'Used To Be A Sweet Boy'

A - 'Hold On To Your Friends'
B - 'Moon River'

A - 'Interlude'
B - 'Interlude (Extended)'

A - 'Boxers'
B - 'Have-A-Go Merchant'

A - 'Sunny'
B - 'Black-Eyed Susan'

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey solo singles 1988-1995 vinyl box sets release

nice. always wondered why those weren't released on vinyl to begin with...

Personally, rather than issuing the singles from the first half of his career on vinyl as well as collecting 00's b-sides on 'Swords', I would prefer to see something similar to the two CD singles boxsets, encompassing his releases from '95-Present. The fact that he's been on several labels since then would probably prevent such a release, though.

This is unfortunate. All the trouble some people have gone through to collect the singles, only to have them reprinted and boxed all nice.

At least they'll have a different catalog number than the orignals?

This is unfortunate. All the trouble some people have gone through to collect the singles, only to have them reprinted and boxed all nice.

It isn't unfortunate.

It's all up to individual to decide whether buy them or not.

Morrissey is a pop singer, his former record company is marketing his popularity.

Count me out. I have them on CD. That's enough for me (hey, that rhymes):thumb:

Peter

Count me in.:thumb:

Except that they won't be boxed all nice. Just like none of the box sets were.

if they're boxed like the Morrissey CD boxsets, i'll be happy

i wouldn't even open them, as i don't own a record player, depending how much they are/how much i have in Oct-Nov, i might buy them..

All completists will feel compelled to buy them.
We have no choice, we always have and we always will!

I don't buy vinyl anymore so I'll pass on this.

I would have loved it if EMI would re-master all of his albums with extra tracks instead but of course this is bound to happen after these reissues no doubt, LOL.

Ooooh, I want. I wonder what the prices will be? ...Probably more than I'd want to spend. :(

EMI will be releasing 2 Morrissey Singles box sets? Are these different from the 2 they released back in the late '90s? (purple and brown boxes)? if they aren't, then why re-release them again? Is there supposed to be some rare or oop stuff added to these to make them different than the others?

Keep looking more info for http://true-to-you.net

Last edited:

Morrissey is losing out on this set and doesn't want people to buy it :(

From www.true-to-you.net
Information regarding boxed sets of Morrissey singles, reissued Smiths CDs and LPs
8 August 2009

Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them. Morrissey receives no royalty payments from EMI for any back catalogue, and has not received a royalty from EMI since 1992. Morrissey also does not approve of, and was not consulted on, the Rhino box of Smiths CDs, or the Warner releases of Smiths LPs on 180 gramme vinyl. Morrissey last received a royalty payment from Warners ten years ago, and, once again, he would ask people not to bother buying the reissued LPs or CDs.

everyone bought the cd versions, which i presume were released after 1992...

so doubt it'll stop anyone buying these, tbf.

It was no trouble at all. I wouldn't have had it any other way :D

I don't understand how he could get himself into a situation that he would not recieve a royalty from his own work? :confused:

Is the record industry really that complicated?

Morrissey is losing out on this set and doesn't want people to buy it :(

From www.true-to-you.net
Information regarding boxed sets of Morrissey singles, reissued Smiths CDs and LPs
8 August 2009

Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them. Morrissey receives no royalty payments from EMI for any back catalogue, and has not received a royalty from EMI since 1992. Morrissey also does not approve of, and was not consulted on, the Rhino box of Smiths CDs, or the Warner releases of Smiths LPs on 180 gramme vinyl. Morrissey last received a royalty payment from Warners ten years ago, and, once again, he would ask people not to bother buying the reissued LPs or CDs.

Really Moz! :p
He's so demanding sometimes :D
If he doesn't want us buying them then he shouldn't have made such great work in those years :lbf:

Tags
devious truculent unreliable
Back
Top Bottom