Morrissey Direct

The lion's tail seems to end in a bomb; looks much like this military insignia:
N_625126_1395140.JPG

This one is from the Army Ordinance Training School, there is also a small metal one which is worn on certain classes of uniform that's just the bomb portion.

So, bomb references in Morrissey:

"if they dare touch a hair on your head, I'll fight to the last breath"
"Come, come, nuclear bomb"
Louder than Bombs

there must be more, but these leapt to mind.

The Shamrock could be "lucky" lisp, it's also plainly a symbol of Ireland.

I love this crest- I love to think of him listing all these symbols, sketching it out, giving it to a designer to put together. Wonderful.

For the enlightenment of anybody else over 30 who doesn't know what I'm talking about:
Buzz-Tramp-Stamps.jpg

When I looked that up, I saw that it's also called a "splattoo" by those with cruder sensibilities. :D
Between New York and Philadelphia lies Allentown. Blame Billy Joel for it's demise or it's rejuvination, it's not Art Deco though.

I can't find one with a big fob on it but this one is a foot long and weighs a pound. It is victorian.

12094922a0a3a2bb97776c8fa2fc56637748f42.jpg

w/ wolfsnarl

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm sure that it will be. Morrissey has continually improved in both style and substance. It will be nothing short of spectacular.

I still see all the graphics there.

I really like this logo -- wish I had an .ai file of it so I could print my own t-shirt.

I still see all the graphics there.

I really like this logo -- wish I had an .ai file of it so I could print my own t-shirt.

Even after emptying your cache and restarting the browser?

Do you see the shield (I hotlinked it) that I linked to earlier in this thread?

Peter

Last edited:
Emptied the cache, restarted browser, hit refresh -- still there.

The shield as is is only about 350 pixels square, which would only look good printed at about 1 inch square.

Anybody want to grab it, convert it into outlines in illustrator and fix it up so all the lines and shapes are clean? I'll pay you $5 to do it.

Emptied the cache, restarted browser, hit refresh -- still there.

The shield as is is only about 350 pixels square, which would only look good printed at about 1 inch square.

Anybody want to grab it, convert it into outlines in illustrator and fix it up so all the lines and shapes are clean? I'll pay you $5 to do it.

How very odd. The graphics simply are not there for me, just the form. Look earlier in the thread where I did hotlink the shield. I don't see it. How very odd.

Peter

On itsmorrisseysworld under TOUR it says 'gigs will be added soon!'....is that new?
Sorry if it's been mentioned before and I've missed it!

On itsmorrisseysworld under TOUR it says 'gigs will be added soon!'....is that new?
Sorry if it's been mentioned before and I've missed it!

It's been there a few days. I posted a thread about it in the tour forum but I don't think alot of people noticed.

I really hope that more gigs are announced soon as I had tickets for both the cancelled shows :(

Back
Top Bottom