Morrissey currently has 1,845,965 monthly listeners on Spotify

Can you actually lose followers on Spotify? I keep on adding bands and artists I follow, but I don't think I have ever "unfollowed" any. The monthly listener numbers can of course go up and down, which makes them a more reliable indicator of popularity.

Can you actually lose followers on Spotify? I keep on adding bands and artists I follow, but I don't think I have ever "unfollowed" any. The monthly listener numbers can of course go up and down, which makes them a more reliable indicator of popularity.

If an hundred thousand Followers unfollowed an artist, the numbers would reflect that.

🤒
of course, that makes sense while the plays are exploding this may mean peeps are unsubscribing:crazy:
a skinny troll genius, this one:hammer:

Morrissey now has:

1,864,770 Monthly Listeners

805,267 Followers

The Smiths have:

6,229,117 Monthly Listeners

2,608,218 Followers

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - 240,732,165

Another increase for Morrissey and The Smiths.

Morrissey has

1,866,945 monthly listeners

805,520 followers

The Smiths have

6,232,981 monthly listeners

2,609,194 followers

Let's track Morrissey's Spotify stats to see if The Simpsons has an impact.

1,845,965 Monthly Listeners on Spotify - a drop of around 115,000 since June 2019 (see link below)

803,955 Followers on Spotify - a gain of around 225,000 sonce June 2019 (see link below)

The Smiths

6,190,811 Monthly Listeners on Spotify - a gain of around 2,170,000 since June 2019 (see link below)

2,602,488 Followers on Spotify

* https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...risseys-lyrics-every-month-on-spotify.144346/

It's been a week since this thread was started.

Morrissey now has:

1,868,893 monthly listeners - a gain of 22,931

805,959 followers - a gain of 2,004

The Smiths have:

6,234,699 monthly listeners - a gain of 43,888

2,611,373 followers - a gain of 8,885

I think it's fair to say that The Simpsons has had zero negative impact on both Morrissey and The Smiths.

That could change...

Just looking at listener figures, he averaged a monthly gain of about 5,600 per month from June '19 to April '21.
(Obviously the real figure fluctuates, but math= this post's first total in April 2021 minus June '19's total divided by 22 months).
If the assertion is there was a 23k increase to monthly listeners in the space of just 7 days let alone the whole of April as a month...
Then that's a huge increase.
FWD.

I'm not sure that the 'monthly listeners' number has much value really. From what I've read, it's the number of 'unique listeners' who have listened to that artist in a 28-day rolling window. This means that it does not take into account how many tracks a listener has listened to, merely that they have been served at least one track. The other point is that some users (me included) listen to a lot of personalised playlists automatically generated by Spotify (e.g. Daily Mixes), so many of these unique listeners may not have selected to listen to Morrissey but merely been served one of more of his tracks by one of the algorithms that Spotify uses to generate such things. As a measure of popularity I think these 'monthly listener' numbers aren't very useful at all.

I'm not sure that the 'monthly listeners' number has much value really. From what I've read, it's the number of 'unique listeners' who have listened to that artist in a 28-day rolling window. This means that it does not take into account how many tracks a listener has listened to, merely that they have been served at least one track. The other point is that some users (me included) listen to a lot of personalised playlists automatically generated by Spotify (e.g. Daily Mixes), so many of these unique listeners may not have selected to listen to Morrissey but merely been served one of more of his tracks by one of the algorithms that Spotify uses to generate such things. As a measure of popularity I think these 'monthly listener' numbers aren't very useful at all.

But like Fwd's post points out, how come Morrissey's Listener figures are higher in the past week than 2019 onwards?

Well indeed, I was highlighting a change in figures.
None of this is scientific and probably worse than Amazon's charts, but in terms of increased figures, something happened in April to spike something that was generally a low number to a much higher one.
The point was - The Simpsons may have accounted for that sharp increase and not been completely ineffectual.
FWD.

But like Fwd's post points out, how come Morrissey's Listener figures are higher in the past week than 2019 onwards?
I've no idea because I don't have access to Spotify's detailed breakdown of who has been listening to what, how they've been listening, and why.

I've no idea because I don't have access to Spotify's detailed breakdown of who has been listening to what, how they've been listening, and why.

OY :mad:
5 seconds ago you were pontificating about 'unique' listeners and
28 day windows.:lbf:
RESULT:FAILURE:hammer:

Ah, we hate it when our Moz is successful.

:cool:

You love it when you can lie about him.

He has said hateful things. He skirts the line. Prove me otherwise.

Btw, this doesn't change the fact that he is a great lyricist.

Not even a trial by Simpsons will change that.

Bowie slept with underage girls. As did Iggy Pop, Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page...

Their records are still great.

Producer Phil Spector murdered someone.

The records he produced are still fine. Some are great.

Morrissey just said some regretful things about certain species of people on this rock.

Among other things.

He probably regrets it all.

Doubtful.

He'd've apologized by now.

But at least he hasn't shot anyone or slept with kids.

He has said hateful things. He skirts the line. Prove me otherwise.

Btw, this doesn't change the fact that he is a great lyricist.

Not even a trial by Simpsons will change that.

I perpetually put up the proof that he's taken out of context & someone on here will repost the paraphrase because that's what they want to believe.

The Simpsons social media backtracked & the Sunday Times didn't even bother pretending it was about anything other than his inability to do normal publicity.

I perpetually put up the proof that he's taken out of context & someone on here will repost the paraphrase because that's what they want to believe.

The Simpsons social media backtracked & the Sunday Times didn't even bother pretending it was about anything other than his inability to do normal publicity.

"The Simpsons social media backtracked"

What's that about???

Back
Top Bottom