Morrissey: criticisms of debut novel are 'an attack against me' - The Guardian

Re: Morrissey: criticisms of debut novel are 'an attack against me'

If there was a broad sweep of opinions in critical views, then Morrissey should be able to comfortably dismiss it as a few people 'not getting it'. But when every single serious published critic shares the opinion that what you have written is bleedin' awful (I haven't read a single positive review of note - and no, anonymous Amazon reviews don't count) , it might be time to let some air out of that swollen head and accept you are not the greatest writer since Shakespeare.

Your Karma has just decreased substantially by urging someone to harm themselves.

just answering ...insult for insult...with anons hiding behind anon handle. If you read the post I was replying to..then you can see it was an insult,not very clever,but an insult none the less. And I don't think my reply to said anon would have much sway as to encouraging or discouraging them in their choices. I don't have that kind of power, yet.:) As for 'karma'? please. Unfortunately just playing what seems to be the game around here. :straightface:

Last edited:
I've only heard one song, something about a starship on that free Morrissey-compiled cd. It reminded me of Elton John. I thought this is the Elton that never made it. Then I thought if Job had made it rather than Elton, Moz would be championing Elton and slagging off Job.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's one of his best btw, his overall standard must be pretty poor.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope for your sake karma is not concerned with written abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

and you made it sound like one of the announcements on Gauntlet.

Well, you in passing 'hear' one song...then make grand assumptions, Such as the Elton comparison. And that M
would not like Jobriath if he was as famous as Elton. You just don't know. Sorry.

P.s... don't know 'gauntlet' don't have a t.v...which I assume from reading the line in your post that it must be a t.v. show (?) could be wrong.

Last edited:
what does it matter if someone posts as anon? you post a several other people. sidnette , cicada, and many more.
all because there is no traffic over at the blue rose blog dont blame this site.

what does it matter if someone posts as anon? you post a several other people. sidnette , cicada, and many more.
all because there is no traffic over at the blue rose blog dont blame this site.

take off them gumshoes, sit back relax. YOU ARE WRONG.:straightface:

the only posters that agree that you exist independently of the dude from the blue rose is yourself under you other screen names.
its obvious you post 3-5 times then cicada comes afterward, then sidnette. like bowling pins all in a row.

HOW are these artists a inspiration for his musical/literary contribution? Well that can be a book or two in itself ! :)

But... If you can't see/feel the ' link' ? Then I don't know what more to say. Just play loud...and open your heart.:)

You always have something positive and interesting to say , I would find it very interesting if Morrissey would write a novelette on how different artists effected him. Side note, looking very forward to new videos on Moz concert in South America, hope is is enjoying South America and no penne pasta....

You always have something positive and interesting to say , I would find it very interesting if Morrissey would write a novelette on how different artists effected him. Side note, looking very forward to new videos on Moz concert in South America, hope is is enjoying South America and no penne pasta....

:thumb: thank you...and YES ..no penne pasta! :)

Last edited:
LOL funny.
one of your usernames find the other usernames posts incisive.

Well, you in passing 'hear' one song...then make grand assumptions, Such as the Elton comparison. And that M
would not like Jobriath if he was as famous as Elton. You just don't know. Sorry.

P.s... don't know 'gauntlet' don't have a t.v...which I assume from reading the line in your post that it must be a t.v. show (?) could be wrong.

I only wrote what I thought at the time. Of course I could be totally wrong. I did say i had only heard one song. Morrissey does like to champion the underdog, I myself am quite similar in this regard, so it wasn't necessary a criticism, just an idea that came into my head.

Gaunlet was an arcade/computer game from the eighties. There was a speech element that would inform you of things, for example "green elf is about to die" and "dwarf needs food badly".

I only wrote what I thought at the time. Of course I could be totally wrong. I did say i had only heard one song. Morrissey does like to champion the underdog, I myself am quite similar in this regard, so it wasn't necessary a criticism, just an idea that came into my head.

Gaunlet was an arcade/computer game from the eighties. There was a speech element that would inform you of things, for example "green elf is about to die" and "dwarf needs food badly".

hello my doppelganger fellow poster! It seems some anon thinks we are one and the same... I hope for your sake that it's not true! :lbf:

Sorry didn't mean to come down hard in my reply to you. I just get defensive about the ones I love.

Jobriath's second l.p. 'creatures of the street' is one of my favorites. Much funkier than the first record. Just weird and beautiful
and ahead of it's time...though humanity and this planet may never reach that future time... I'm glad Jobriath gave us all a sneak peak of how it could have been ! O.k o.k. ...Now, I'm just being silly.

Well as I said to another poster...that they don't have/need to like M's influences... Because it ALL comes through him and his art anyways. So lets enjoy it...while we can.

One hand turning the volume knob up...And one foot in the grave...In the midst of life.. we are... ' :)

Last edited:
just answering ...insult for insult...with anons hiding behind anon handle.

So, is 'Ketamine Sun' your real name, the one on your passport, birth certificate etc? Or are you just using a fake handle to hide behind so you can post anonymously?

So, is 'Ketamine Sun' your real name, the one on your passport, birth certificate etc? Or are you just using a fake handle to hide behind so you can post anonymously?

The irony is breathtaking.

And yes they are attacking him and every burnt bridge he lit around the world. But I think he doesn't care, I wouldn't. I would steadfast go, oh well, waste your mind and time on me, who's got the power. This is just a theory I guess.

The anonymous no1uno

Just another thought, the next album's gonna be good. He's got all the motivation he needs.

Think, as long as he's alive,then the drive will be there. Putting it into song or pen to paper.

I do hope he finds the right producer. It does make a difference. I wasn't that thrilled with the 'sound' of 'World Peace'.

But as always... looking forward,in anticipation... biting nails,biting toes. :)

Last edited:
Think, as long as he's alive,then the drive will be there. Putting it into song or pen to paper.

I do hope he finds the right producer. It does make a difference. I wasn't that thrilled with the 'sound' of 'World Peace'.

But as always... looking forward,in anticipation... biting nails,biting toes. :)

I was just thinking about what happened after Kill Uncle got slated, he came out with Your Arsenal, produced by Mick Ronson.

I was just thinking about what happened after Kill Uncle got slated, he came out with Your Arsenal, produced by Mick Ronson.

Wish Ronson was still with us. Imagine what 'Uncle' would have sounded like if Ronson had his hands on it!:)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom