Morrissey: Covers and Critics - new article by Fiona Dodwell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2019.

By Anonymous on Mar 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw new positive article

Morrissey: Covers and Critics - Tremr
    By Fiona Dodwell

Excerpt:

The predictable newspaper articles come forward whenever Morrissey does anything, usually from the same stale suspects, where there seems to be an agenda to direct people from the music and towards half-baked criticisms and tired quotes from the mouths that journalists seem desperate to find berating words from.

Just recently, The Guardian have tried to undermine California Son before it has even had a chance to hit record shops and streaming sites: the journalists there were already standing with their pens and swords, ready to swoop in to attempt to make empty digs at the artist.

However, it no longer matters, do they not see that? For the articles have been coming from the pens of bitter journalists towards Morrissey almost as long as he has been releasing music – it's evident from the behaviour of the media in general that they do not like anybody who does not fit into their docile box of acceptable opinions and behaviours. They will have a long wait, it seems, if they expect him to change.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Insightful Insightful x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      As an American looking at these figures, I am shocked and offended by the sheer lack of shootings!
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No one expects Morrissey to change. He's a geriatric, irrelevant performer from another time who has demonstrated zero personal growth throughout his career. He doesn't care about people. He's made that perfectly clear.

The story of his fading career trajectory is as old as the entertainment business.

Fans are just tired of feeling ashamed about him. It's about a sense of embarrassment.

As time travels on, his comments will seem more and more bizarre; and as his remaining fans die of old age, or drop out from boredom, those coming up will see him as just another casualty of the past.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And who's committing most of those?
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Great insight, man. By the way, Adolf Hitler was a charismatic speaker too.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. reelfountain
      reelfountain
      Yes.
    6. bhops
      bhops
      Have you ever.......................

Harassed your ex wife?

Hit on underage girls?

Threatened to murder people?

Followed a female member of this site after a Morrissey concert?
      Once you take out the suicides it's unfortunately people of colour. Whites still lead the way on mass shootings I would think but you'd need to do a deeper dive on it.
    7. vegan cro spirit 333
      vegan cro spirit 333

I think I know the answer.:raisinghand:
      did the individual recently, suspiciously, change his avatar?:disrelieved:
    8. bhops
      bhops
      Haha, yep.
    9. Verso
      Verso
      Truly mind-expanding stuff here, simply incredible. Thanks for the insight.
    10. reelfountain
      reelfountain
      My pleasure.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That's free speech for you, you fucking moron. Happy to help.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. Surface
      Surface
      Looks like you and most others with a working brain were wrong. You mentioned you are a fan of Trump, I can see why.

Wearing a grey tracksuit, he spoke only to confirm his address, date of birth, and nationality of Croatian. Petrovic is a short white man with sallow skin, short dark hair and dark stubble. He did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody to next appear at the Old Bailey on March 11.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6789139/Man-charged-murder-Jodie-Chesney.html
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    13. Lawrence
      Lawrence
      Some wear their hate and ignorance like cufflinks on their sleeves, or like a brooch upon their blouse, Surface. It's just how they are. It's very much their handicap, and nobody else's.
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, but another BBC article says:
      "The [police] force said Jodie's attacker was a black male in his late teens but gave no further details"

Which begs the question: Why give no further details?
      The fact that the white man's name was released could mean 1 of 2 things.

1)The investigation was incomplete. They didn't put the name out in case they had the wrong man, as it seems they did.

2) As reelfountain said: because he was black. For the sake of political correctness, they're willing to reveal a white stabber's name, but not a black one because they're trying to push a narrative.

I'll say that with the new information, I think it's #1.
      However, the media does have a narrative to push: black young people are always being attacked and never attacking. They report every story in which an innocent black boy is shot. (Sometimes they're not really innocent, but their actions aren't warranting death.) The media loves those stories.
      We hear so little about black homicides, black on black crime... and we hear even less about black on white crime.
      If that's what you're saying, reelfountain, I agree.

And- if you care- I'm a black young man and I love Trump.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You have our sympathies as regards your leanings. What a unique person you clearly are. For the record, I'm a black (former) Mozhead myself. :rolleyes:
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Lawrence
      Lawrence
      Funny how it is that some organise their feelings for people who didn't like them then.....and still don't like them now. Life, eh? Most black folks I know loathe Trump. How does it feel to be the exception? Do tell.
    17. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      WTF??
      what are you talking about?:crazy:
      make an effort to make sense.:straightface:
      • Troll Troll x 1
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Squaaaaawk! Squaaaaaaaaaawk!!! :crazy:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      :rolleyes:
      it doesnt take rocket science to know you are Skinny Parrot FFS:lbf:
    20. reelfountain
      reelfountain
      According to all witnesses the man who did the actual stabbing was black - his accomplice was 'white' - hence the East European scumbag they've arrested.

If you are with a person who stabs somebody to death in the UK, you get charged for murder too.

They are still hunting the black murderer.

So Surface, here's a little advice ... wake up!
      Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1