Morrissey could have mimed with Girlfriend In A Coma. Good idea?

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Hi

I was opening a boring plastic bag today in the supermarket i work at while sadly imagining my now none existing journey down to London tomorrow and seeing Mozz on stage, and i had a thought. What if Morrissey called 'Girlfriend In A Coma' back on and just simply mimed with them, just adding maybe a few soft harmonics and gentle banter? I know it would have been far from perfect, but it may have worked as a temporary compromise. Still cancelled the Saturday and Sunday gig, but while everyone was there on the Friday why not?

I know people have varied opinions on Smiths tribute bands, but i would have settled for it. It's only half of Morrissey, but that half is his bodily presence, and I think i would have been fairly content with that. Maybe?

I think he was quite poorly, give the man a break.

Once again, it was just a thought. An idea. Can anyone even use thier imagination on this forum!? What would that have been like if Mozz had done this? Would they have got things together in time? Would anyone have LIKED to see it? Anyone be offended? How sepcial would it be to see this happen? bla bla bla

I'm nearly giving up with this. It blows my mind here.

I'd rather eat my foot than see that.

lol, fair enough. I don't think Morrissey would condone such meat eating behaviour though.

Why would anyone want to pay £40 for a ticket and then go and watch Morrissey, of all people, miming?

Sorry didn't mean to sound unimaginative. Feel free to assemble your scenarios.

Why would anyone want to pay £40 for a ticket and then go and watch Morrissey, of all people, miming?

Why not? He is a visual athelte as well as a vocal wonder. I love SEEING him as much as HEARING him. I know the two come together, but he has a presence of his own. It's not perfect, but i was just thinking of the poor fans who CANT stay for the rescheduled dates cos they have to fly off back to foreign countries. While Mozza is there, and while a band who know his songs are too...why not? The fact the have paid 40 quid in the first place is one reason.

Sorry didn't mean to sound unimaginative. Feel free to assemble your scenarios.

Just wish some people would stetch themselves a bit. It's not that hard.

What about Morrissey on drums? :cool: :D

Maybe they pipe in Moz/Smiths music and turn it into a dance party -with drinks on the house :)

I would have paid to see Moz do a bit of stand up. He'd be good at it.
If he cancels up t'norf he can always come on for a bit of light entertainment...'3 men walk in to a bar' and all that...

Why not? He is a visual athelte as well as a vocal wonder. I love SEEING him as much as HEARING him. I know the two come together, but he has a presence of his own. It's not perfect, but i was just thinking of the poor fans who CANT stay for the rescheduled dates cos they have to fly off back to foreign countries. While Mozza is there, and while a band who know his songs are too...why not?

Hmmm, could that be because he was obviously feeling unwell and most likely just wanted to go to bed?? Give the poor man a break, he's been struggling all week. I would have been happy with a 20 minute stand up programme from Russell Brand though.

Hmmm, could that be because he was obviously feeling unwell and most likely just wanted to go to bed?? Give the poor man a break, he's been struggling all week. I would have been happy with a 20 minute stand up programme from Russell Brand though.

sigh. yes. very true etc. just wondered IF he did it what people would think. good idea bad idea bubble brun diddle

bla

I would have been happy with a 20 minute stand up programme from Russell Brand though.

Although i disagree with this (i dont think many people would have been in much of a mood for a comedy act) i think the way they were treated was awful. They were just trying to be helpful. However, J Ross should have been shot there and then for taking pics of everyone. Wat a tit!

What about Morrissey on drums? :cool: :D

Maybe they pipe in Moz/Smiths music and turn it into a dance party -with drinks on the house :)

Um... that's where I was Friday night! No live drums though... and the drinks weren't free. Although it's not like I pay for things, I have people who do that for me... right Corrissey? :D

Back
Top Bottom