Morrissey continues to support the animal murdering Cat And Fiddle

Theo

I've noted in the past how bizarre it is that Morrissey became a fixture at The Cat & Fiddle in Los Angeles while at the same time telling the media he could not stand to be anywhere near the aromas of cooking flesh, and taking an increasingly nutty and intolerant stance towards carnivores. The Cat & Fiddle has a menu full of meat: sausage, beef, lamb, chicken, bacon, shrimp, crab, fish.....you name it, they've got it.

Morrissey loves it so much they have used his name to promote themselves in the past.

Loves it so much he still goes on about it to this day:

THR: You'll be playing a show at Hollywood High School. Is there something about the school's legacy (Carole Lombard, Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney are among its famous alumni) that made you want to perform there?
Morrissey: Well, no, not really. It's just handy for The Cat and Fiddle [a nearby pub on Sunset Boulevard].

I guess the Cat & Fiddle being a "Hollywood insitution" matters more to Morrissey than his vegetarian ideology.

Something to keep in mind as we witness Morrissey making a fool of himself with regards to Jimmy Kimmel.

Last edited:
And the meat served up at the Cat & Fiddle is straight from the meat industry that tortures animals. This is in sharp contrast to people who hunt for their food, whom Morrissey calls "serial killers". Animals that are hunted are not tortured. They are living free. Morrissey sits up in that Cat & Fiddle Hollywood restaurant and attacks hunters? What a hypocrite!

And then you see his fans gushing about how great the California Pizza Kitchen garbage was at the Staples Center during the Morrissey show. That's junk food, people. That's to pizza what Taco Bell is to Mexican food. And nor is that a vegetarian food chain, whether or not they happened to sell meat toppings on that particular night. They are most famous for their BBQ chicken pizza.

And the meat served up at the Cat & Fiddle is straight from the meat industry that tortures animals. This is in sharp contrast to people who hunt for their food, whom Morrissey calls "serial killers". Animals that are hunted are not tortured. They are living free. Morrissey sits up in that Cat & Fiddle Hollywood restaurant and attacks hunters? What a hypocrite!

Well no one is perfect, we all have our flaws and are all "hypocrites" in differnt ways! , if morrissey carried out his vegatarian beliefs and views and about animal cruelty exactly and 2 the note, he would never be able 2 do anything or go anywere on the planet! No were! he can only try as much as possible and hes doing his best, which is good enough! :)
Even the plates we eat off are made from crushed animal bones! almost everything on the planet is derived from animals, even when its labbled "no animal produce " this labbling is pure nonsence - in fact its lies!

The planet is im afriad, a very hypocrtical place 2 live, I will tell you this, the way cattle are raised on farms within the moden day mass farming industrey, IS ABSOULTY DISGUSTING!
In fact It pure EVIL the way these farmers treat these poor animals,
THESE ANIMALS SUFFER THE MOST HORENDOUS TREATMENT AND SUFFER TERRIBLY ALL THRUOUT THERE SAD LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

**Cows Forced 2 be pregant all there lives 2 give off unnatual amouts of milk, and the milking apperatus which fit there teets casues painfull infections in ALL the cows.

**Given massive amounts of anti biotics thru out there lives EVEN THO THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY INFECTIONS!!!!!!!, that is just insane! when the next emergence of anti biotic resistance bacteria ocours in humans causing a world wide pandemic, the farming industy is 2 the cause!

**Pigs kept in tiny crates all there lives unable 2 turn around and forced 2 give birth on cold metal floors when there natural ways of birthing is in mud and sand ect.

**A number of factory farm animal species hardly get any exersize whatsoever, they dont even know what the sun looks like and are kept in dark almost pitch black sheds all there lives as if there in hell !

**Genetically altered 2 grow faster and fatter, and many become so crippled from there own body weight, they callapse and die!

**Hens painfully debeaked at birth, and plundged in scallding hot water 2 defeather them causing severe pain!

I could be here forever at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!

These beautiful creatures are all highly Intellegent and feel fear and suffering ect just as humans do, why on earth are they allowed 2 suffer like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
If you treated domestic animals "pets" like farm animals are treated, you would rightly be arrested and prosecuted for horrendous animal cruelty!

WARNING! - PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE BELOW LINK IF YOU ARE OF A SENSITIVE NATUTRE and easily offended - it contains horriffic treatment and tourcher of how farm animals are treated, I was absolutey sickened and almost brought 2 tears when I watched it, I cant watch it again!

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/calves/

Something needs 2 be done about the farming Industry....... and FAST!!!!!!!! :(

"Nature is a language cant any body read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:
I heard that the Cat and Fiddle only serves animals that had given up on life anyway.

Well there are not very many 'veggie only' restuarant or pubs. So I guess Moz has to technically eat out at places that sell meat.
I am sure he also has meat eating friends/family so when he is out with them or at their house, has to see meat being consumed.
He has been spotted at pizza express in London before which is a normal italian place that serves all meats on pizza.
I have come to the conclusion that he doesnt like it when he is performing because it puts him off and he probably wants everything perfect for when he performs his songs.

Well there are not very many 'veggie only' restuarant or pubs. So I guess Moz has to technically eat out at places that sell meat.
I am sure he also has meat eating friends/family so when he is out with them or at their house, has to see meat being consumed.
He has been spotted at pizza express in London before which is a normal italian place that serves all meats on pizza.
I have come to the conclusion that he doesnt like it when he is performing because it puts him off and he probably wants everything perfect for when he performs his songs.

Morrissey has stated that chefs who cook with meat on TV should be KILLED. Morrissey has stated he is down with people who send MAIL BOMBS to the homes of scientists who work on cures for AIDS and cancer. And yet Morrissey sits in the Cat & Fiddle like a happy camper, just because the place has Hollywood history. He's a hypocrite of monumental proportions. He's gonna tell the world that a nice chef like Mario Batali should be KILLED! For what? Because he cooks with meat as humans have for how many tens of thousands of years? Mario Batali should be murdered! Not for his Crocs but 'cause he happens to eat meat? While Morrissey sits at the Cat & Fiddle complaining about how a court in the UK would dare to tell him he should pay his bandmates what he owes them? LOL

Look, Morrissey is a good songwriter, but he's as dumb as a dishrag outside of songwriting. That's the truth. And he's so hateful of others because he hates himself.

Last edited:
Morrissey has stated that chefs who cook with meat on TV should be KILLED. Morrissey has stated he is down with people who send MAIL BOMBS to the homes of scientists who work on cures for AIDS and cancer. And yet Morrissey sits in the Cat & Fiddle like a happy camper, just because the place has Hollywood history. He's a hypocrite of monumental proportions. He's gonna tell the world that a nice chef like Mario Batali should be KILLED! For what? Because he cooks with meat as humans have for how many tens of thousands of years? Mario Batali should be murdered! Not for his Crocs but 'cause he happens to eat meat? While Morrissey sits at the Cat & Fiddle complaining about how a court in the UK would dare to tell him he should pay his bandmates what he owes them? LOL

Look, Morrissey is a good songwriter, but he's as dumb as a dishrag outside of songwriting. That's the truth. And he's so hateful of others because he hates himself.

The animal cruelty of the world sickens and angers me to know end. However, I love lamb chops and I wear leather so I guess I'm a hypocrite. Move over, Morrissey, Playcat the hypocrite here! :D

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Despite his conviction, Morrissey accepts that when he's out and about socially, meat is pretty much the norm, but when he's on stage, that's his world and he wants (though, doesn't necessarily expect) a certain amount of cooperation. This is inevitably going to result in accusations of hypocrisy. That's life. To be honest, after 42 years, I've never met anyone who wasn't a hypocrite if you picked at their beliefs hard enough and long enough. But most of those hypocrites were decent people nevertheless.

It's not a perfect world, kids. Give me an ideological hypocrite over a cynical pragmatist any day of the week.

For f***'s sake, Morrissey is a a singer, a lyricist; anyone who doesn't have bigger fish to fry needs to get a new rod because the one they've got is a little on the limp side.

This is Los Angeles we're talking about, remember? Within minutes of the Cat and Fiddle you'll find 6 vegan restaurants.

Have you considered not spending so much time worrying about and stressing out over the opinions and actions of someone you don't know even know?

This is Los Angeles we're talking about, remember? Within minutes of the Cat and Fiddle you'll find 6 vegan restaurants.

Excellent point. I am in the DC area currently and I've been to several bars with strong vegetarian options or all vegetarian options by chance. I don't think it's that hard to find vegetarian fare in major urban areas. They also tend to be quite trendy although I must confess I know nothing about the Cat and Fiddle restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom