Morrissey confirmed for Riot Fest

UPDATE May 27:
TTY: Chicago Riot Fest back on

UPDATE May 23:

TTY: Morrissey not part of Chicago Riot Fest as of May 23

UPDATE 6:58 AM PT:

Morrissey is listed on the official Riot Fest lineup page for Chicago (Sep. 16, 17, 18). Tickets on sale now.

Riot Fest reveals 2016 lineup, and it’s batshit crazy - Consequence Of Sound
Chicago and Denver events boast Morrissey, Ween, Deftones, Death Grips, Sleater-Kinney, NAS, Rob Zombie, Refused, and many more

Excerpt:

Riot Fest has revealed the lineups for its upcoming festivals in Chicago and Denver.

Now in its 12th year, the festival’s flagship event, Riot Fest Chicago, takes place September 16th – 18th at Douglas Park. And, once again, the lineup is absolutely bonkers.

In addition to a previously announced reunion of the Misfits’ founding members, the lineup boasts Morrissey, Ween, Social Distortion (performing White Light, White Heat, White Trash), Rob Zombie (performing White Zombie’s Astro-Creep: 2000), Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, NAS, Deftones, Refused, Death Grips, Descendents, The Specials, Foo Fighters side-project Chevy Metal, and Fugazi offshoot Girls Against Boys.

38697_chicago_2016_admat_WEB2-662x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The circus is a freak sideshow thing. Fire and sword swallowers and dudes that pick up concrete blocks with their nipple rings. Like the old (first?) lollapalooza did. There are YouTube videos. It has nothing to do with animals.

Cool. Never got to go to the original lalapalozza as I was to young and lived very far away in Maryland. Best thing around these parts was the hfs festival and the warped tour before it got super different. Rage against the machine at hfs ninety nine was fantastic

For those who are curious concerned about the carnival aspect of riot fest. This from new noise magazine

"
The expanded grounds will allow for significantly more attractions, including two Ferris wheels, and many other carnival rides such as crowd favorites like bumper cars and tilt-a-whirl. All in all, the new site will house over a dozen rides and numerous games to round out the carnival element of the festival. To ensure you’re able to make the most of the carnival experience, 3-day all-you-can-ride passes are available now.

That’s just the start of additional attractions though! A custom built 9-hole mini-golf course will be placed on the grounds. Enjoy an interactive game with some friends on this unique and cleverly designed course. A full-scale haunted house from Zombie Army Productions (known for their terrifying Stateville Haunted Prison) will provide an outlet for horror fans and thrill seekers to contribute their screams to the fest as they pass through the haunted zombie containment facility.

As in past years, Lucha Libre wrestling will take place in the onsite wrestling ring throughout the weekend. This time though, Dannie Diesels Bump and Grind Academy presents Gospel For The Guilty burlesque shows will use the ring as a stage in between matches. Organizers are also happy to welcome back The Worlds Greatest Rock-N-Roll Circus Stunt Show….HELLZAPOPPIN CIRCUS SIDESHOW REVUE!with performances throughout the weekend.

In response to last year’s incredibly well received Butter Stamos, a sculpture of John Stamos carved onsite completely out of butter, organizers have scheduled daily chainsaw sculpting. In tribute to the late Dave Brockie of GWAR, Friday’s sculpture will be of Oderous Urungus. Keeping with tradition, Saturday’s sculpture will be of Riot’s unofficial mascot John Stamos, and Sunday’ssculpture will be unveiled in the coming weeks.

Behind the scenes, Riot Fest has always been mindful of charitable duties and has partnered with Chicago Coalition for the Homeless for several years now. This time, they are bringing the cause to the forefront by housing a classic 20-game arcade on the grounds. All proceeds from the arcade will fuel Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, and these classic games are sure to fuel your taste for nostalgia.

Food and drink offerings will be impressive as well, with local operators of some of Chicago’s coolest restaurants and food trucks at every price point. As a new addition, organizers are very happy to be bringing in a wine bar for those who would like alcoholic beverage options outside of beer.

The site map is now available revealing the stages and layout of what is known as one of the most awesome offerings of music, food and fun around. This year’s lineup features over 100 artists, with a mix of Riot alum and newbies across 7 stages. There will even be an additional 8th stage on Friday to house the special interactive panel with Russian conceptual artists and formerly-imprisoned activists,P*ssy Riot (Nadya Tolokonnikova and Masha Alekhina). Details on the panel discussion with P*ssy Riot will be announced in the coming weeks, but fans should anticipate a novel festival experience unlike one ever witnessed at Riot.

3-Day passes are going fast and are nearly sold out! Don’t miss out on a full weekend of music and fun – get tickets while they’re still available! For those that can’t make the whole weekend, 1 and 2-day passes are now available too."

This actually sounds like fun, does anyone know which day Morrissey is playing?

Whack a Weasel is my favorite carnival game! It could be viewed as animal cruelty, but you haven't lived until you've pounded a few dozen weasels in under two minutes. For those likeminded folks hold the hammer with both hands. The left and right brain work together making for a quicker reaction time when those buggers pop up!

This actually sounds like fun, does anyone know which day Morrissey is playing?

No not yet but I'm betting on saturday. The spirit at this festival is also usually pretty good from what I've read and heard from friends that have gone. Id recommend it higyly moz playing or not. If anyone's curious about the other acts and doesn't want to look up a bunch of stuff themselves I'm posting. Song a day for each act in the what are u listening to bread. Last one was the descendent's merican

I don't even mind the long flight to this. Silly carnival games and Morrissey. I miss his chest soo much, anyone else?

a huge crowd of about 1500 is expected at the festival.
when your props come from a noise mag you know you have big problems. i think moz will bow out if he can find similar money elsewhere.

Please rolling stone Huffington post and many many others are all talking about this festival. Would have been cool to see merle haggard playing it though. I like him

a huge crowd of about 1500 is expected at the festival.
when your props come from a noise mag you know you have big problems. i think moz will bow out if he can find similar money elsewhere.

Pretty sure a few more than 1500 will be in attendance, given this picture from last year.

Attachments

• riotfest-1100x670.jpg
    riotfest-1100x670.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 17

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom