Morrissey concert virgin

Will definitely NOT enjoy seeing animal torture videos...I’m not vegan (yet) but loved seeing on the SEC Hydro website that it will only be serving vegan food ‘at the request of the artist’
Unless things have changed recently, this footage is normally only played during 'Meat is Murder'. And it's on a backdrop screen, so if you find it too much (I've seen it dozens of times, and have to look away at certain points that make me queasy), it's normally fairly easy to focus on the band/Morrissey and not the details of what's playing out behind them. Having said that, the imagery of cows hanging on meat-hooks etc does add to the powerful feel of the song, especially with the red lighting and noise etc. So yeah, it can be disturbing/moving - but that's probably a good thing.

Hope you enjoy your first show!

Many (but not all!) of the songs will be from his most recent album, but there are usually about 2-3 Smiths songs and earlier solo songs in the setlist also. You can look up recent setlists on here if you want an idea of what might be performed, OR you can be surprised. But every show is a surprise. Despite the complaints about the setlist remaining unchanged for many years, it's always possible that there will be surprises of songs rarely played or even never performed before. And there's also the changes in lyrics and improvised banter/speeches between songs. Every show is unique and it's impossible to predict exactly what may happen!

As others said, if you want to be nearer to the front, it's good to line up earlier. Even if you're not up for queuing up super early to be in the first row or two, you could still arrive and queue a few hours earlier. I've always met nice people while waiting in line since there's usually nothing better to do than talk to the people around you. And it's customary for people to hold your spot in line if you need to go to the bathroom, get something from your car, etc.

In my experience of shows in the past year, there is about 45 minutes-1 hour of pre-show videos that start around 8pm and Morrissey takes stage around 9:00-9:15.

Thank you for your reply. I might be in the minority here but I absolutely love LIHS, I think it's a superb album and I'm looking forward to hearing a selection of the tracks live - particularly My Love which is my favourite track, oh and Israel... and Jacky and Spent the Day in Bed and Open your Legs... There's only one track I have to skip on that album ;)

I'm fairly new to Morrissey solo so not as familiar with his huge bank of previous material particularly the albums You are the Quarry and Maladjusted... I haven't really got into them yet.

Smiths-wise - anything BUT 'How Soon is Now'; 'There is a light'; I Started Something' would be absolutely amazing...

Thanks for your suggested timings. Sounds like I've got plenty of time for a wee beer before he comes on stage. 4 more sleeps!!!

Thank you for your reply. I might be in the minority here but I absolutely love LIHS, I think it's a superb album and I'm looking forward to hearing a selection of the tracks live - particularly My Love which is my favourite track, oh and Israel... and Jacky and Spent the Day in Bed and Open your Legs... There's only one track I have to skip on that album ;)

I'm fairly new to Morrissey solo so not as familiar with his huge bank of previous material particularly the albums You are the Quarry and Maladjusted... I haven't really got into them yet.

Smiths-wise - anything BUT 'How Soon is Now'; 'There is a light'; I Started Something' would be absolutely amazing...

Thanks for your suggested timings. Sounds like I've got plenty of time for a wee beer before he comes on stage. 4 more sleeps!!!

Anything but 'I Started Something'? Bit harsh. He's only ever played it live 3 or 4 times!
It should be a fun night. It's a shame things are a bit bad vibey in Morrissey land at the mo. Won't be the usual levels of euphoria but the first night of a new tour is extra exciting as you don't know the set-list. I'm hoping he plays one of the 6 unreleased new ones that we've heard about.
PS Which is the song you skip on the new album? Bury the Living?

Anything but 'I Started Something'? Bit harsh. He's only ever played it live 3 or 4 times!
It should be a fun night. It's a shame things are a bit bad vibey in Morrissey land at the mo. Won't be the usual levels of euphoria but the first night of a new tour is extra exciting as you don't know the set-list. I'm hoping he plays one of the 6 unreleased new ones that we've heard about.
PS Which is the song you skip on the new album? Bury the Living?

Actually I didn't mean 'anything but 'I started something' - I love that one, I meant he can play anything by The Smiths but I particularly LOVE those three tracks...
Yes it is a shame about the bad press/bad vibes but I for one will be euphoric! Can't wait to hear any new material he plays too.
Re LIHS, the one song I have to skip is 'All the Young People...' I know there's many who like this one and I read a recent interview which critically praised it but to me it just sounds kind of thrown together like it was written and produced in minutes and it sounds to me a bit corny and 'happy clappy'. Just my humble opinion though ;)
I actually like 'Bury the Living' ! The 'honour mad, cannon fodder' chant sounds great at full volume in my car and Moz's voice on the little tune at the end how life goes on without John is lovely!

Nice one! They even got a vegan menu on there. Here's a great video to inspire you to #GoVegan (but if you don't like "All the Young People" I'm not sure about your taste):

Will definitely NOT enjoy seeing animal torture videos...I’m not vegan (yet) but loved seeing on the SEC Hydro website that it will only be serving vegan food ‘at the request of the artist’

Back
Top Bottom