Morrissey Concert Madness Question

newsworthy

Im going to my first Morrissey gig, and was wondering as Ive heard numerous rumors that Morrissey gigs get really rough and out of hand especially at the front. And drunken 40 year old men go mental pushing people out of the way. COmpletely crazy from what ive heard.

MY first gig im going to is his birthday gig, and im scared dont want to get killed.

Can anyone tell me what its actually like?

Only my first Smiths gig at Glasgow Barrowland in 1986 I was physically crashed by other audience.
I've been to Smiths and Morrissey gigs since 1986, apart from above mentioned incident I haven't had any trouble so far.

FYI, I'd suggest you to read this

If im queueing a few hours before, whats that best way to stay entertained and what about the toilet and these people who queue for like 7 in the morning

If you don't like what you've heard then stand at the back. It's not the 40 year olds that piss most people off, it's the whingers at the front who seem to be labouring under the impression that their standing ticket entitles them to VIP status. This never used to be an issue.

It used to be complete abandon at the front and none of us complained at all. Morrissey encouraged it.

If you don't mind getting knocked about a bit then good luck to you. If you want to enjoy the gig in relative comfort then move back. One thing is usually guaranteed. Once he comes on stage there will be a push forward and you will either be moved by the critical mass, or you witness that movement and grab the chance to move forward.

It's all fine by me!

Nobody will want to kill you, so don't worry. Just don't grab his shirt when he throws it! That is a free for all!!

Last edited:
What do you mean? How do standing ticket holders whinge when usually there on a completely different floor?

[/B]
If you don't like what you've heard then stand at the back. It's not the 40 year olds that piss most people off, it's the whingers at the front who seem to be labouring under the impression that their standing ticket entitles them to VIP status. This never used to be an issue.

It used to be complete abandon at the front and none of us complained at all. Morrissey encouraged it.

If you don't mind getting knocked about a bit then good luck to you. If you want to enjoy the gig in relative comfort then move back. One thing is usually guaranteed. Once he comes on stage there will be a push forward and you will either be moved by the critical mass, or you witness that movement and grab the chance to move forward.

It's all fine by me.

You've lost me?

sorry lol. Misread. So this notion that it gets rough and people just push you out of the way is just lies?

And also what about needed a piss in the queue and what do those do that queue from 7 in the morning?

thanks

sorry lol. Misread. So this notion that it gets rough and people just push you out of the way is just lies?

And also what about needed a piss in the queue and what do those do that queue from 7 in the morning?

thanks

If you need to leave the queue, you simply politely ask the person in front or behind that you need to go to loo.

If you need to leave the queue, you simply politely ask the person in front or behind that you need to go to loo.

Yes but wouldnt people see u after coming back from the toilet start complaining and tell you to f*** off or whatever

If you need the toilet or you need to go and get food whilst queuing, I'm sure the person behind you in the queue will be more than happy to save your space for you. As for passing the time, you can talk to others in the queue, read a newspaper, play I Spy...

And yes, some people will push you out of the way to get to the front and yes, there will be a lot of pushing and shoving when Morrissey is on.

thanks

No, it can get a bit handy at the front. Especially in Manchester.

You sound concerned about 2 things. It getting rough up the front and the endurance of the long wait in the queue.

I can see one very simply solution that will put to rest both of your concerns?

Yes but wouldnt people see u after coming back from the toilet start complaining and tell you to f*** off or whatever

just tell them to f*** off right back. if you're just away for a minute to go pee i don't think anyone would cause a fuss.

This has reminded me actually - Where are the nearest toilets to the Apollo? I didn't queue last time he played there (hungover from S&G... Woops!) but it seemed like a residential area? Don't make me bring my P-Mate :p

This has reminded me actually - Where are the nearest toilets to the Apollo? I didn't queue last time he played there (hungover from S&G... Woops!) but it seemed like a residential area? Don't make me bring my P-Mate :p

Don't worry, there's a pub near Apollo.

That did cross my mind. That pub at the back of the Apollo might be an option, but I don't think they open til later in the day?

Re: Queuing

10 minutes before showtime, then push your way to the front spilling your beer as you go. :D

Back
Top Bottom