Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Crikey almighty! Recuperate ffs. Cancel the rest of the tour, who cares in the grand scheme of things?

What a way to go that would have been though; at the Swindon Oasis Centre!?!?

Nothing wrong with Swindon, my favourite person lives there! On a personal note, we have tickets for Salisbury and I look forward to seeing Morrissey there if he is fully recovered, if not then thats the way it goes. I did however think Doll and the Kicks rocked last night, really impressive.

I've just found out that Moose Harris was the paramedic.
small world, eh.
Moose was the bass guitarist with New Model Army, The Damned,

holeee honestly that's good. he needs to rest. alot!

Morrissey's horoscope (Gemini) in today's paper (by Holiday Mathis for Creators Syndicate):

"Take a break. Really take it. There is genius in stillness. Doing as little as possible is the perfect way to get centered. When you feel you must move, let caprice be your guide instead of that to-do list."

small world, eh.

How apt! Harris currently plays, according to Wikipedia, for retro-futurist electro-rock band The Pieshop Boys.

Morrissey's horoscope (Gemini) in today's paper (by Holiday Mathis for Creators Syndicate):

"Take a break. Really take it. There is genius in stillness. Doing as little as possible is the perfect way to get centered. When you feel you must move, let caprice be your guide instead of that to-do list."

mine too :thumb:

"let caprice be your guide instead of that to-do list."

Caprice? I tought things were bad but surely not to that extent?

Anyone got an update yet on the refund situation? Quite a few of us went out the side door, where tickets weren't being handed back out.

I am still personally astonished at how someone can go from being 'seriously ill' to being well enough to be discharged from hospital in only 16 hours.

Something just doesn't stack up i'm afraid.

Hello everybody, I'm very glad Moz is better.
I just hope he's feeling good enough to carry on with the tour, and it's not just because he doesn't want to disappoint all his fans. And maybe, I say maybe he wouldn' like to give up touring on the year of his 50th birthday (do you think he cares? aboiut getting older?).

Goodness, it's the first time now that I've realised we might loose him. It scared me, how would we carry on?

It was all very scary, i was quite near the front and saw it all and felt shaken by the whole thing. Now having a nightmare trying to get tickets sorted out in case the gig is rescheduled as i've not got my ticket back. What a bad night! I hope Moz gets well soon and makes sure he's fully well enough to continue this tour and any extra dates.

I'm a newbie here btw so hello to everyone x

It was all very scary, i was quite near the front and saw it all and felt shaken by the whole thing. Now having a nightmare trying to get tickets sorted out in case the gig is rescheduled as i've not got my ticket back. What a bad night! I hope Moz gets well soon and makes sure he's fully well enough to continue this tour and any extra dates.

I'm a newbie here btw so hello to everyone x

I agree, it was frightening and worrying to watch, even from fairly far away.

I didn't get my ticket back either, maybe if you ring the Oasis or Ticketmaster they might be able to help you.

And welcome to Solo. :)

I've been told in another thread that if you contact the venue they are advising people to contact the tickets vendors so i've emailed mine (see tickets) to ask what they advise as clearly a lot of people didn't get their ticket back as well. If i find anything out i'll post it here.

I already posted this in the other thread but I'll post it again:

MORRISSEY: SWINDON AND BOURNEMOUTH 26/10/09
This follows his hospitalisation on Saturday night in Swindon. Morrissey has now been released from hospital and is under doctors’ instruction to rest.

Ticket holders for Bournemouth Academy and the abandoned Swindon Oasis concert are advised to hold on to their tickets and await news regarding potential new dates or refund. Customers will be notified where possible and full information posted with ticket outlets and venues.

Event organisers apologise for this unavoidable situation.

from itsmorrisseysworld.com

I am still personally astonished at how someone can go from being 'seriously ill' to being well enough to be discharged from hospital in only 16 hours.

Perhaps the announcement slightly over egged the pudding? They basically wanted people to get the message that the night was over.

small world, eh.

Lol...you're like Sherlock Holmes.:thumb:

It doesn't add up to me neither. In the past, doctors have advised many a band member to take a long rest due to exhaustion etc., but to collapse on stage and then to be discharged and given the go ahead to carry on touring is very strange to me. Hmmmmmmmmmm, as Kewpie would say. :rolleyes:

I can see why people would be thinking that but i think it was genuine. From what i saw on the night he was looking pretty ill and i don't think they'd take him to hospital if it was nothing. I guess he was just kept in over night as a precaution to make sure he was ok but thankfully he was feeling much better by the morning. Lets hope he really is well enough to continue this tour, it would be awful for something to happen like this again.

Collapsing on stage seems like a very serious incident, health wise.

It just seems a tad strange that he's been advised to carry on as you were. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits as I've got a ticket for the L'pool gig, but something doesn't add up.

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom