Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

ugh, just heard about this and came here immediately. i really hope that he's alright and that it was just something minor. the whole unconcious thing kind of scares me!

wishing nothing but the best for moz in his [hopefully] speedy recovery!

Oh dear

why are the mods allowing new members to sign up tonight? they're just making nasty comments.
sorry to the one who is a fan and was at the concert and made his first post detailing events. I don't mean you.

What's wrong with allowing people to register to the forums?

Our site administrator is a storng advocate of freedom of speech, same as Morrissey.

As I posted eariler some people go online being drunk and take advantages of anonymity.

Very sad, but can't do much about it.

All users are allowed to post as long as they don't breach the TOS.

I'm fine and dandy, thank you. And you are your usual inflammatory self, I see. ;)

i'm glad to hear it, the cat's mother.

Sky news running an update after the adverts.

prime opportunity for them to advertise that new compilation he's put out!

this could work really well for him!

hope our man will be alright, but i'm sure he will. my only concern is how all these episodes of late will make him feel about touring in the future.
i can also imagine it must be terribly embarrasing for someone like moz, who is supposed to be this giant force on stage, always in control, to lose it like that.

my heart goes out to all those at the show too (and the ones with tickets to the next few shows, which i would be rather surprised if go on as scheduled, i must admit). i know the feeling all too well. that fateful friday in camden is still fresh in my memory.

BBC and other news outlets are saying his condition is "stable" and his problems
"not life-threatening," but i almost shat myself reading the title of this thread

get well soon Moz...and maybe you should take some time off touring?

after the December shows, of course :)

He definetelly needs some time off, I mean I'd rather never seeing him live if that means he'll be ok.

I know he's gonna be fine... :thumb:

Re: Oh dear

What's wrong with allowing people to register to the forums?

Our site administrator is a storng advocate of freedom of speech, same as Morrissey.

As I posted eariler some people go online being drunk and take advantages of anonymity.

Very sad, but can't do much about it.

All users are allowed to post as long as they don't breach the TOS.

Established users posting lots of "humorous" messages referring to the possible demise of Morrissey are ok too I take it, yeah?

Bollox.

His poor mother must be frantic with worry. :(

Yes I'm sure she is :( but at least he is at home, it would be worse if he were in Europe etc and the family couldn't reach him.

Anyone know if it is Brown or Browne? I've already someone else quibbling spelling mistakes in my piece. I don't know, you rush home to get the news out and all people do is moan!

I've been told off the record that he is fine by the way.

Wasn't trying to moan, just trying to help you present a professional report. Were you also called out on "paramedic" spelling? Sorry, was an ex-copy editor in another life.

Just looked at the YOR vinyl credits and can confirm that Charlie's surname IS Browne.

Thank you for the off-the-record report of his well-being! :guitar: :thumb:

Couple of pics from the gig on a post I just put on my blog - which has content that some people might find a bit rude or NSFW (it's called Sextoysinsider because of my day job, so the post is off-topic for there, but I wanted to write something somewhere and put the pics up..).

Off Topic - Morrissey Collapses on Stage in Swindon

Dear God please help us. I don't like what's on the front page. Please let him be well.

sorry to the one who is a fan and was at the concert and made his first post detailing events. I don't mean you.

Thanks. I must admit I was surprised I was allowed to join though but wanted to put over my "eye-witness" account as I thought other versions were confusing or contradictory.

One other thing I noticed that doesn't seem to be mentioned (perhaps as I was stage left) was that he grabbed the mike stand as the song ended and seems to try and hold it for support before collapsing slowly (I've seen people literally faint and this wasn't the same) which is how the stagehand was able to get across the stage and catch him.

I genuinely cant believe some of the heartless replies left by "Fans" in this thread. The Forum is supposed to be a place to discuss why we love the guy and to trade stories of his importance to us. Why bother taking the time to logon just to insult and deride this great man? It sickens me that people feel entitled to moan about a cancelled show when at this very minute Moz is lay in a hospital bed in god knows what state.

Get Well soon Moz.
Agreed.

Get well soon Moz. x

Thanks. I must admit I was surprised I was allowed to join though but wanted to put over my "eye-witness" account as I thought other versions were confusing or contradictory.

One other thing I noticed that doesn't seem to be mentioned (perhaps as I was stage left) was that he grabbed the mike stand as the song ended and seems to try and hold it for support before collapsing slowly (I've seen people literally faint and this wasn't the same) which is how the stagehand was able to get across the stage and catch him.

Thanks for giving us the eyewitness account, Tony. It's appreciated.

I must say, though, I faint in the exact same way as Moz did tonight. I usually go to my knees, grabbing something for support, before I black out. I'm telling myself it's just a faint.

So what was the comment he made about morphine last night and is that related to what happened this evening?

you're getting a bit worked up, aren't you?
Not at all, my darling. . . just believe you to be a complete and utter knob jockey. Don't take it personally.

I and many others on this forum have spent a small fortune on gigs that Morrissey has decided for whatever reason to cancel. I only hope that everything is ok and feel thoroughtly sick with worry, regardless of the personal cost or in your case the personal kudos.

Sit tight, maybe you'll find someone who can help . . . . in the meantime, I suggest you save your bile for an arena in which it may be appreciated.

Forget the tour, just go relax moz. Anyone going 'i hope he's better for this gig' I think his health is more important. You can see him again when hrs better. A dead moz is no good to you, plus you'll get annoyed when everyone who hates him now starts getting into him.

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom