I don't like the way James Corden read the question. :(

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey Coachella on Buzzcocks

What? Link pls.

If you're in UK switch on BBC 2.

Otherwise just laugh.

*edit*
If you're in UK, you can watch repeat on Sunday 23:10 or iPlayer.

Last edited:

If you're in UK switch on BBC 2.

Otherwise just laugh.

*edit*
If you're in UK, you can watch repeat on Saturday or iPlayer.

wow.
obviously the morrissey 'joke' didn't help, but that guy from the enemy was a twirp.
best to cancel the show now amstell's left.

It sounds sad to get all nostalgic about a show, but I remember when Buzzcocks use to mock the deserved in the music industry, and bow down to the talents who it was accepted are greats. This was certainly the case with the Lamarr era and to some extents in the Amstell days as well. Watching it this evening though, it seems it is now just another 'oi oi banter' show (for want of a better phrase) which would be more suited to BBC3.

The Morrissey stuff was cringe worthy. It felt like they had just gone on wikipedia and wrote some generic jokes from that.

I certainly wanted to give this season one more go but I think I made the right choice of switching off after the first Amstell series.

Can anyone repeat the general gist of the joke for those of us who didn't see it?

IBIH video was shown.

Tom Clark from the Enemy 'quipped' that Morrissey was dancing like a dad in it.

The question was why did Morrissey walk of stage at a festival this year, with the choices of a) Someone had threw a bike at him, B) He could smell burning flesh, or C) He had been told that the windmill he had just purchased was on fire :squiffy:

They made a few more jokes that I can't quite remember, they where that poor and then James Cordon made a joke about how Morrissey had upset Dizzie Rascal at a recent festival by banning meat backstage. "Of course Morrissey hates Dizzie's type... *Pause for 'comic' effect* Carnivores".

They made a few more jokes that I can't quite remember, they where that poor and then James Cordon made a joke about how Morrissey had upset Dizzie Rascal at a recent festival by banning meat backstage. "Of course Morrissey hates Dizzie's type... *Pause for 'comic' effect* Carnivores".

Bleh. Corden is never funny, anyway. Thanks for sharing, though.

The utter dregs have been conjured and summoned toward the light to re-vive and remake another struggling show.

Which is of course why 'The NME' have had such a great influence upon the shows new series once more aimed at the mediocre, and brainless, to trounce together clutching more trends, to dispense and deliver to all of the willing BBC 2 'indie-kids'

Step toward and forth the wit-less parade lurking in shadows (because that type of lighting suits their fashionable posings...) being ever-more middle-class than the last, these morons wrapped tightly in NME skinny jeans and Converse fashion (Ah, even saying such abhorrently pathetic proper nouns make me wince...)

Together, Led by a typically, ever-obvious and fat James Corden in a TOPMAN blazer, emblazoned and printed on with a line of red (like his mother has scrawled on him, in menopausal rage for not sticking to his strictest of diet-regimes) to show that he isn’t merely a pretty face, but a person to brandish a new clothing line proving the point 'you don’t have to be a pretty face, to follow fashion, in fact you could be overweight, unfunny and talent less'

All of this vanishes, the lead-singer from yet another band, who have sold by the dirty-wheeled cart full and yet have provided nothing, resembling oven-cleaners constructing and speaking such razor-sharp quips as 'Looks like an Ice-Cream Man, gonna bend over to get ya' a Magnum' from beneath a layer of greased hair covering an even more disastrous and horrifying mixture of hormonal nature, teenage lust and a regretful fumble in the back-seats of a picture-film leading to an unwanted child, who eventually spawns forth into an ugly being, resembling an unwashed and unwanted lumps of disorganised and careless bone-matter and flesh splatterings. Running barefoot around, pleased to have found a free place to rest such feline-like attributes, and gain applause.

The ever-wanted rasp of banalitys applause.

AH.

James would you have risked it for a biscuit?

Bleh. Corden is never funny, anyway. Thanks for sharing, though.

Yeah I never thought so either, he strikes me as a bit of a knob who thinks going on about his weight is consistently hilarious :squiffy::rolleyes:.

Thanks for sharing the info though Alan.

"It's like watching your dad dance at a wedding, innit"

*nobody laughs so Corden takes over with bizarre whooping*

:rolleyes:

Bastard show.

Bastard Corden.

Someone blow his brains out.:mad:

The utter dregs have been conjured and summoned toward the light to re-vive and remake another struggling show.

Which is of course why 'The NME' have had such a great influence upon the shows new series once more aimed at the mediocre, and brainless, to trounce together clutching more trends, to dispense and deliver to all of the willing BBC 2 'indie-kids'

Step toward and forth the wit-less parade lurking in shadows (because that type of lighting suits their fashionable posings...) being ever-more middle-class than the last, these morons wrapped tightly in NME skinny jeans and Converse fashion (Ah, even saying such abhorrently pathetic proper nouns make me wince...)

Together, Led by a typically, ever-obvious and fat James Corden in a TOPMAN blazer, emblazoned and printed on with a line of red (like his mother has scrawled on him, in menopausal rage for not sticking to his strictest of diet-regimes) to show that he isn’t merely a pretty face, but a person to brandish a new clothing line proving the point 'you don’t have to be a pretty face, to follow fashion, in fact you could be overweight, unfunny and talent less'

All of this vanishes, the lead-singer from yet another band, who have sold by the dirty-wheeled cart full and yet have provided nothing, resembling oven-cleaners constructing and speaking such razor-sharp quips as 'Looks like an Ice-Cream Man, gonna bend over to get ya' a Magnum' from beneath a layer of greased hair covering an even more disastrous and horrifying mixture of hormonal nature, teenage lust and a regretful fumble in the back-seats of a picture-film leading to an unwanted child, who eventually spawns forth into an ugly being, resembling an unwashed and unwanted lumps of disorganised and careless bone-matter and flesh splatterings. Running barefoot around, pleased to have found a free place to rest such feline-like attributes, and gain applause.

AH.

I loved the silence for a few seconds fom the audience after the lead singer from the enemy made that remark about he dances like his dad but all in all......crap, never watched it, never will. aimed at 12 year olds. I don't know anyone who watches it!!!! so contrived, like most things these days.

Used to be a brilliant show, then Lamarr left and Bill Bailey, hence why it has gone shite. Have to say though i do like Gavin and Stacey and think corden plays a good part, but he seems to be a bot of a cock in real life, and how does anyone laugh at Noel Fielding???? He clearly see's himself as a bit of a Russel Brand fiqure but without the charm and inteligence.

AH.

Eloquently put.

AH.

That's what I was going to say.

That guy from The Enemy is an utter c*nt.

The Dizzee Rascal joke was very cheap.

That guy from The Enemy is an utter c*nt.

The Dizzee Rascal joke was very cheap.

just horrible and nasty.
would I want to meet any of the people on that show? NO! dull and boring

Back
Top Bottom