Morrissey cited as a critic of Michael Eavis and Glastonbury

MILKISMURDER

“One musical artist has been brave enough to point out the hypocritical and harmful industry that takes place at good ol’ ‘Glasto’. Morrissey blew the whistle on his being blocked from performing The Smiths track Meat Is Murder with its video of standard practice on the big screen. He went on to state that milk production is even more cruel than meat and highlight how environmentally damaging it is.”

“In 2011, I played Glastonbury and attempted to sing the song Meat Is Murder.
“Behind me, a screen that usually shows the many evils of factory farming remained blank.
“Dairy cows are not allowed to not be in lactation because then their milk production decreases and they do not produce enough milk to justify the cost of their board and lodgings. Therefore, cows are repeatedly raped and raped and raped … which Michael Eavis presumably thinks is a great way to make sentient beings happy.”
“Does Michael Eavis at his Glastonbury Farm accommodate any cows at all that do not yield money his way? I doubt it. Off with their heads!
Does Michael Eavis care about the insane environmental damage caused by dairy farming? I doubt it. To hell with the environment! People who do not care about animal rights usually do not care about human rights. It naturally follows.”

Thank you for the link. I'll give a listen to The Species Barrier podcast. "Marcus is specifically interested in issues of suffering, speciesism, literature, overpopulation, antinatalism etc." I like this fellow already.

One musical artist has been brave enough to point out the hypocritical and harmful industry that takes place at good ol’ ‘Glasto’. Morrissey blew the whistle on his being blocked from performing The Smiths track Meat Is Murder with its video of standard practice on the big screen. He went on to state that milk production is even more cruel than meat and highlight how environmentally damaging it is.

In 2011, I played Glastonbury and attempted to sing the song Meat Is Murder. Behind me, a screen that usually shows the many evils of factory farming remained blank.
Dairy cows are not allowed to not be in lactation because then their milk production decreases and they do not produce enough milk to justify the cost of their board and lodgings. Therefore, cows are repeatedly raped and raped and raped … which Michael Eavis presumably thinks is a great way to make sentient beings happy.”
Does Michael Eavis at his Glastonbury Farm accommodate any cows at all that do not yield money his way? I doubt it. Off with their heads!
Does Michael Eavis care about the insane environmental damage caused by dairy farming? I doubt it. To hell with the environment! People who do not care about animal rights usually do not care about human rights. It naturally follows.”

Back
Top Bottom