Morrissey: Chattering mind

A

Anonymous

When Moz mentioned his chattering mind on Larry King I wasn't aware that he had already mentioned it elsewhere in an interview. From which interview is this quote? That must be horrible.

“I have a disturbingly photographic memory, which troubles me sometimes. I wish I could let things go, but even when I go to bed the mind chatters, so I live with an ever-chattering mind. And there it is; some people have wooden legs but I have a chattering mind. Still, there's nothing I can do about

When Moz mentioned his chattering mind on Larry King I wasn't aware that he had already mentioned it elsewhere in an interview. From which interview is this quote? That must be horrible.

“I have a disturbingly photographic memory, which troubles me sometimes. I wish I could let things go, but even when I go to bed the mind chatters, so I live with an ever-chattering mind. And there it is; some people have wooden legs but I have a chattering mind. Still, there's nothing I can do about

Won't somebody stop me
from thinking, from thinking all the time
about everything
Oh, somebody
From thinking all the time
so deeply
so bleakly
So bleakly all the time
About everything? - M.

From the Larry King thread:

Regarding the "chattering mind" and the "chattering voice" this Swedish interview from 2006 comes to mind

Interviewer: Personally I suffer from a serious Oedipus-complex, what's your greatest weakness?

Moz: I care too much. Something that might not have been medically defined yet but nevertheless it's my absolute greatest weakness. I feel and care a great deal.

Interviewer: About what?

Moz: About everything and everybody. But I'm not neurotic.

Interviewer: But you mean you can watch something on TV or hear something on the radio and then you react?

Moz: I react very strongly. I become possessed. Totally possessed.

Interviewer: And that becomes your drive to write?

Moz: Yes, but those hours I don’t write or stand on a stage become a bit of a handicap. A short sentence or action from someone can occupy and irritate my mind for hours.

5 star hotels is the greatest weakness who is he kidding. indoor jacuzzi and vodka cocktails puts the chattering mind to rest.

5 star hotels is the greatest weakness who is he kidding.

Yeah sure, 5 star hotels are the solution for everything aren't they? They prevent you from losses, heartbreak, physical or mental illnesses and every other tragedy imaginable. What a delusion. What problems can you possibly have when you are able to stay in 5 star hotels? It will eradicate your past and buy you love and fulfillment. I'm sure when, for example, Kirsty died in 2000 Moz just shrugged it off and thought "Who cares? I have my villa and 5 star hotels."

Back
Top Bottom