Morrissey Central: "The Guardian Strikes again... and again..." (November 24, 2019)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-guardian-strikes-again

"THE GUARDIAN STRIKES AGAIN … AND AGAIN .. AND AGAIN … AND AGAIN … AND AGAIN … AND AGAIN … AND AGAIN … AND AGAIN …"

November 24, 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/11/24/guardian-julia-wong-smears-breitbart/

Central posts a caption and URL which links to the following story:

image-640x480.png

Far-Left Guardian, Julia Wong Deliberately Omit Key Facts in Piece Smearing Breitbart

The person cited tweeted on October 27 about Morrissey:

(In direct response to that shirt as also highlighted by The Guardian).
Regards,
FWD.

Update (courtesy of @Radis Noir):

Morrissey has unlimited stupidity. I mean, just how many nails does he need in that coffin of his?

It provides more evidence of how utterly lost he is. For The Guardian to be described as far-far left is just hilarious. A better description would be: appealing to the middle class with tumbling circulation.

For those of you that will opine "what Morrissey means is ..." do enjoy whatever delusion you conjure.

The Guardian is centrist at best. It's reporting is usually pretty good, but it doesn't seem to be either particularly left wing or particularly right wing. It has commentators and guest articles which come from the full political spectrum (except racists).

If you're interested in the state of the SJW v. alt-right culture wars - then this Breitbart article was written by David Ng (he's a person of colour, as the Americans say) & he's been tweeting in support of Glen Greenwald & Julian Assange, both of whom are now skirting the 'alt-right' & who used to be on the 'hard left'.

Politically, the categories aren't stable anymore, there's too many trolls, bots, agitators & careerists building platforms. I will say this for Moz - he may not understand what's going on - but he knows something is going on.

The Guardian is centrist at best. It's reporting is usually pretty good, but it doesn't seem to be either particularly left wing or particularly right wing. It has commentators and guest articles which come from the full political spectrum (except racists).

It's centrist in most of its news & identity left in its features.

oh his mexican fanbase must be loving that their idol is reading Breitvart for Breakfast

He knows exactly what's going on, & has known for a long time...prescient.

I don't think he does. He'd be more careful. He seems to think the left & right have neatly swapped sides. He's repeating conspiracy theories as if they're facts. There's no sign he knows what a meme is, or an algorithm or shitposting or any of the other things you need to know to understand online discourse. He isn't even interacting with any of the more respectable right-wingers/centrists who could help him negotiate identity politics.

Even the fact he's obsessed with The Guardian & mainstream media, when it's the internet that puts out the most propaganda, which he seems to have become steeped in & it's the internet that can break your reputation, is a sign he doesn't really know what he's getting into. I saw a Twitter conversation where he was seriously compared to Hitler. He hasn't actually said or done anything that bad & he's being compared to a genocidal dictator.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh his mexican fanbase must be loving that their idol is reading Breitvart for Breakfast

They might be reading it themselves, the alt-right's been courting Catholics for a while (Bannon & his circle are Catholic) & it's having some success at framing the left as so anti-Catholic that The Wall is a lesser evil.

I don't think he does. He'd be more careful. He seems to think the left & right have neatly swapped sides. He's repeating conspiracy theories as if they're facts. There's no sign he knows what a meme is, or an algorithm or shitposting or any of the other things you need to know to understand online discourse. He isn't even interacting with any of the more respectable right-wingers/centrists who could help him negotiate identity politics.

Even the fact he's obsessed with The Guardian & mainstream media, when it's the internet that puts out the most propaganda, which he seems to have become steeped in & it's the internet that can break your reputation, is a sign he doesn't really know what he's getting into. I saw a Twitter conversation where he was seriously compared to Hitler. He hasn't actually said or done anything that bad & he's being compared to a genocidal dictator.

Yes, the biggest mistake being made by all the various journalists/musicians etc. commenting on Simple Steve is that he's some kind of shrewd political genius who knows exactly what he's doing.
Believe you me, HE HASN'T GOT A F***ING CLUE. He really is stupendously thick when it comes to politics and international affairs. The Smiths had a reputation of being 'intelligent' and he certainly has intelligence in some areas of life (the human condition, relationships, family stuff), but when it comes to politics the man is an absolute idiot. It's hard to accept and it's hard to understand but it really is true. He's endorsed an extremely unpleasant party simply because they are fronted by a feminist, vegan lesbian. When it comes to politics, the man is an empty headed f***wit.

Well said, honky. :thumb:
I dare you say the other racist reference for 'blacks' and see what happens. It starts with an N. It rhymes with chigger. I don't like chiggers. They bite just as bad as every non-chigger that bites. :eek: Can we all just get along? o_O :crazy:

The growth of the online far right is the only subversive thing about social media, therefore the only interesting thing. Other than that it's no different to watching Big Brother or Love Island. And the left are scared because the far right works remarkably well on social media, getting its message across so more effectively than the left could ever dream of doing. Hence lots of current elite talk of how Twitter and Facebook are toxic and should be avoided for the sake of your mental health. Hilarious.

Morrissey is correct in getting his own back on the Guardian, a group that clearly hates him. And it's humorous to watch. These people do not represent the public, only a very small and deranged slice of it. Morrissey always wins these battles because the majority of the sane ordinary public agree with him. The liberal left have lost the plot .
Well said! :thumb:

I dare you say the other racist reference for 'blacks' and see what happens. It starts with an N. It rhymes with chigger. I don't like chiggers. They bite just as bad as every non-chigger that bites. :eek: Can we all just get along? o_O :crazy:

I hate chiggers...& chakis...& changladeckchairs, & chinny & churface & all chigrants.

Yes, the biggest mistake being made by all the various journalists/musicians etc. commenting on Simple Steve is that he's some kind of shrewd political genius who knows exactly what he's doing.
Believe you me, HE HASN'T GOT A F***ING CLUE. He really is stupendously thick when it comes to politics and international affairs. The Smiths had a reputation of being 'intelligent' and he certainly has intelligence in some areas of life (the human condition, relationships, family stuff), but when it comes to politics the man is an absolute idiot. It's hard to accept and it's hard to understand but it really is true. He's endorsed an extremely unpleasant party simply because they are fronted by a feminist, vegan lesbian. When it comes to politics, the man is an empty headed f***wit.

Ok cheers skinny.

Fact - global warming is happening
Fact - the white population of the world is 13%
Probable fact - all estimates show itll be at 9% in 30 years
In 30 years the environment will be at the tipping point. Everyone south of or at the equator are coming north just to survive.
FACT - They aren't going to China.
FACT - America and europe are doomed.
FACT - The refugees and illegal aliens currently here and their offspring will revolt in 10 years as robots replace the jobs they came up here for. Europe and America in chaos in 10 years time, and not because of the evil white people, but because of riots in the streets by uneducated minimum wage foreign laborers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom