Morrissey Central "TATTOO, TODAY, L.A" (January 26, 2020)

0_qhzj6l.png

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/tattoo-today-l-a

Regards,
FWD.

It's not attention-seeking - it's content on his website. If he was attention-seeking, he would be trying to get an interview.

Yes, and when he was rightly dragged over the coals, he'd go back to his usual conspiracy chatter and force the band to wear f*** THE INDEPENDENT t-shirts.

What a poor comparison. Paul McCartney was in New York on 9/11, he saw it happen. His late wife and her family were from NYC. He founded the Concert for New York and it raised over 30 million dollars for the emergency services and the families.

What has Morrissey done for Kobe Bryant? It anybody? f*** all. You're defending the indefensible.

It was promotion. And I was using it as an example of the kind of thing that can be done with a tragedy like the Paris Attacks - not for a photo on a website. The comparison for that would be the tweets praising Kobe's career & saying how sad it is. Or possibly the ones bringing up his controversy, that's causing some fighting.

Yes, and when he was rightly dragged over the coals, he'd go back to his usual conspiracy chatter and force the band to wear f*** THE INDEPENDENT t-shirts.

Depends what he said in the interview - if he said - I know he means a lot to my LA fanbase, might not be of much news value.

Great tribute from Moz and the best of them all as usual. The Lakers and Moz fan must be feeling the love.

It was promotion. And I was using it as an example of the kind of thing that can be done with a tragedy like the Paris Attacks - not for a photo on a website.

Still not a reasonable comparison. Paul wrote Freedom in response to something which personally affected him, he wasn't trying to twist an ancient song to fit and land a number 1. The song wasn't a hit, the album wasn't a hit either. Someone with McCartney's history is beyond this childlike need to "chase" chart positions - it's time Morrissey was too.

Well...I’m sure this fan will see his picture on Central (and here) and that will mean the world to him, too, and lift his spirits since he obviously loves Morrissey. Not saying that makes it better for anyone here - just pointing out a fact.

I’m really sad to hear the news about Kobe and his beautiful 13 year old daughter. I can’t imagine the pain his wife must feel...

No, it really is normal. They'd probably consider it if he had a less abrasive image or you could safely send him out on to breakfast t.v. sofas. Or he was actually French (I think they did a song for it, I remember something). It's not any crasser than Banksy's painting (there's always a Banksy).
Did you buy a badge saying you're a PR agent and believed it? This photo is not being well received and you can explain it and argue forever but if it was normal it wouldn't create a backlash. Of course almost every public posting about Kobe is for likes and shares. That is the normal part. But calling the post Tattoo LA Today as if his fans can't see the tattoo is stupid. Simply removing the word tattoo would solve the problem. No need to extol the virtues of Kobe. This is what's happening in LA today would be a fine message. Understated and confident in the intelligence of the viewer to make the connections.

Kobe Bryant was a bit rapey, wasn't he? Pretty sure Morrissey will be a fan.

Well...I’m sure this fan will see his picture on Central (and here) and that will mean the world to him, too, and lift his spirits since he obviously loves Morrissey. Not saying that makes it better for anyone here - just pointing out a fact.

I’m really sad to hear the news about Kobe and his beautiful 13 year old daughter. I can’t imagine the pain his wife must feel...
His wife says "Chicken on me and mac and cheese for life cause I inherited billions today".

Mhhhhhmmmmmm

Still not a reasonable comparison. Paul wrote Freedom in response to something which personally affected him, he wasn't trying to twist an ancient song to fit and land a number 1. The song wasn't a hit, the album wasn't a hit either. Someone with McCartney's history is beyond this childlike need to "chase" chart positions - it's time Morrissey was too.

It is a reasonable comparison - Paul (& in fact most major artists) are very good at putting out a charity single or putting on a charity concert in response to a news event, it's a bit of the biz Morrissey has never perfected & doesn't join in with because it requires polish & good management & he never has the former & rarely seems to have the latter (& probably doesn't really want it, even if he does moan about it - you tend to work at getting what you really want). When Paul didn't have time to put up a front (when JL died) he got caught saying 'it was a drag' - because responding isn't that easy, which is why you see the same formula over & over.

Also - there's nothing wrong with not feeling parasocial grief, it's not the same as losing someone you have a real life relationship with, even your pet cat.

I'd reword the post or remove it - but (because it's his own obscure site) it's not as bad as, for example, Tom Hiddleston's garbled anecdote about aid workers loving The Night Manager, which did huge career damage & which I can't bear to watch because the fallout was so awful. Poor sod.

beautiful?

On Morrissey Central tomorrow (as a tie in between International Holocaust Remembrance Day and the release of his new album), be sure to check out a photo shop picture of holocaust prisoners with one holding a copy of the new release. Rest assured by certain people on this site that the photo is in good taste. :rolleyes:

images

On Morrissey Central tomorrow (as a tie in between International Holocaust Remembrance Day and the release of his new album), be sure to check out a photo shop picture of holocaust prisoners with one holding a copy of the new release. Rest assured by certain people on this site that the photo is in good taste. :rolleyes:

images

Don't they get some of these pictures from classy Solo posters?

images

Happy Holocaust Day!

Morrissey will blame others for this but ultimately everything on that site reflects on him - a man who mourns his cat publicly but can't scrape together even a couple of words for a human tragedy. He is surrounded by idiots and just when you think his public image couldn't get worse, he allows this. Senseless.

:sleeping: thoughts of a dullard.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom