Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Excellent news and not a country name in the song titles. More personal songs, lyrics like V&I and Bona Drag with turns of phrase etc as his universal lyrics on universal topics can be bland.

I would prefer you rephrase this post in legible English. I would also request you stop backpedaling but I know the odds of that happening are about as equal as me pissing chocolate milk.
as an md iv heard of a lot of strange things but never pissing milk even worse chocolate.a british person would find my post perfectly legible.

as an md iv heard of a lot of strange things but never pissing milk even worse chocolate.a british person would find my post perfectly legible.

Lol. You’re not an md.

Not a big surprise there are a lot of stupid British people...

I will never listen to anything from this racist klansman again. Any of you who listen to or buy his awful music are actively aiding and abetting white supremacy. Shame on all of you.

Would you listen again to Morrissey if he became a non-racist klansman?

Lol. You’re not an md.

Not a big surprise there are a lot of stupid British people...
of course I am,funniest doctor in great britain or maybe even anywhere.

Those titles are genius! Can't wait. And hopefully those remastered versions include a vinyl of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted this time..

I think Costello said that
He used to write excellent titles and used to forget to write the sings.

Nowdays the titles are basic and the songs embarrassing

Costello's songs are boring and they lack excellent titles as well.

Holy shit it's a cryptic message :eek:

GO CHAIN TINA ON DAMON

The plot thickens this is so exciting isn't it. Maybe it's some kinda kinky huma shit.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm thrilled. The prospect of a new Moz album PLUS reissues of old (hard to get on vinyl) albums? Assuming its not just CD reissues BMG are planning??!!!

Those titles are genius! Can't wait. And hopefully those remastered versions include a vinyl of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted this time..
And Ringstinker and Quarry. Hard to find any of them at affordable rates.

The US quote is also lies, Judge Weeks was right when he described Morrissey as "devious, truculent and unreliable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Son
Wouldn’t you rather focus on the fact that a new album by an artist you obviously care for very much is imminent? Wouldn’t that make you feel better than these anal nitpickings? Surely this fib or exaggeration isn’t the most important or most interesting thing about this press release?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom