Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Exactly, the title is aimed at those ‘fans’ who thought purchasing records meant they were buying him (rather than buying into him). I’m delighted they now all feel soundly chastised and are left to confront the inefficacy and emptiness of their colossal egos and thirsts for power. If the stance hits Morrissey’s sales it will nevertheless benefit the concert environment. ‘We’ don’t need them.
Measte fuera del tarro!!,el titulo es Buenisimoo hace alusion a la LIBERTAD DE MOZ DE DECIR Y HACER LO SE LE ANTOJE !!!

it’s a horrible title, you’re right. Doesn’t go down well or roll off the tongue, or anything. Typical modern day Moz tho, just ham fistedly saying what he is, and isn’t. What happened to sharp, punchy album titles, like “Viva Hate”, “Kill Uncle” “Your Arsenal”, even “Years Of Refusal” & “Ringleader Of The Tormentors” sound mischievously defiant.

I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN THO?? WTF!?! LOL! “Unchained dog”, Moz, just call it “Unchained dog”, if you must, “Wild dog”, “Not a racist dog”, “Doggone day”, “Doggy style”, “Dog shit”, that’s it, “Dog shit” works!

ps there better be a dog on the album cover, or some dog related merch at Mporium, I’ll be disappointed if there ain’t. Woof
Yeah ordinary boy. What's your new project called? Bland. Non existant. Expert on knocking down. Life Boy.
Yeah. That's it. Life Buoy. Get a whiff of that soap.

There's nothing obviously politically toxic in the titles at least, so maybe we be spared an album of far-right diatribes, which was my main worry. Then again, people claimed 'Jacky' was all about Brexit, so people will read shit into anything.

Please tell me when we’ve ever had a Morrissey album full of far-right diatribes?

Very excited as always for a new Moz album, but even the title sounds like he’s moaning already. I reckon it’s gonna be a tedious listen of finger pointing and blame gaming for everything he’s been called out on over the last year.
I reckon you're moaning already.
A new album.
Let's give thanks for our present on this day and keep your face out of the gravy boat.
More nut roast anyone?

Los antiMorrissey creen que son un lastre para la carrera de Moz pero EL siempre los esquiva ,siempre encuentra los atajos adecuados,mientras ellos se quedan gimiendo de dolor en el medio de la ruta viendo como MOZ AVANZA AVANZA AVANZA ....

He can celebrate this momentous nothing with a mouthful of turkey followed by a stiff ram-rodding from Tobias.
Nada trascendental : MOZ va a celebrar con un exquisito jugo DETOX..y un pure de papas y calabaza!! Y ensalada de nabos porque le encanta masticar NABOSS,!!!!!! Y una vez digeridos en su tracto diestivo tienen que imaginarse donde terminan los restos de los nabos !!! Si ahiiii!!!!!!!!!

OK last attempt with this; you are becoming really tedious:

The statement clearly states "His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7."

Point out where this statement makes explicit reference to the "official US chart".

You can't, because it does not.

But if we're not talking specifically about any particular US chart then seven isn't actually his highest ever placing. So that also makes him a liar. Not that that's the worst thing he is​

You called me a good looking woman. :smirk:
YES I AM BLIND. you have either got a face like a bag of spanners or your a page 3 cracker,what would you prefer.

He can celebrate this momentous nothing with a mouthful of turkey followed by a stiff ram-rodding from Tobias.
iv been in contact with your mental health doctor and we have decided to monitor you for a few weeks and you will be in the padded room next to THE JOKER.

My thoughts on the news of the new album & the reissues:

1. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a fantastic, defiant album title. After the brilliant album titles of The Smiths, I’ve always found Morrissey’s solo album titles pretty disappointing. The only one - apart from this new one - that I’ve truly liked & felt had the wonderful & witty sloganeering charm of Moz’s best, was World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

2. As always, the song titles are intriguing, curious, funny & uniquely Morrissey. My instant favourite being: What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?

3. 4 albums in a row with the same producer is a Morrissey first. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge fan of Chicarelli’s production style -it’s too clinical & sucks the human element out of the performances - though, despite this, I have loved a lot of the material from the 3 previous albums.

4. I’m genuinely excited for this new album. Morrissey seems at his most consistently productive in years & I feel that Low In High School was his best & most consistent album since Ringleaders.

5. The reissues of the older albums are great news & long overdue. I’ll be buying almost all of them if they are the original track listings (I’ll buy Maladjusted for completists sake, but only if it features Roy’s Keen; one of my favourites from a patchy album) crossed, the new artwork will be good, as a lot of the original sleeves were poor, in my opinion. It will be especially nice to get Hollywood Bowl on vinyl (great set) & finally own Quarry & Ringleaders on record. It will also be good to finally replace Southpaw Grammar after I foolishly returned my original copy with the photo booklet of stupid Moz with scars & bruises to the record shop upon its initial release.

My thoughts on the news of the new album & the reissues:

1. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a fantastic, defiant album title. After the brilliant album titles of The Smiths, I’ve always found Morrissey’s solo album titles pretty disappointing. The only one - apart from this new one - that I’ve truly liked & felt had the wonderful & witty sloganeering charm of Moz’s best, was World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

2. As always, the song titles are intriguing, curious, funny & uniquely Morrissey. My instant favourite being: What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?

3. 4 albums in a row with the same producer is a Morrissey first. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge fan of Chicarelli’s production style -it’s too clinical & sucks the human element out of the performances - though, despite this, I have loved a lot of the material from the 3 previous albums.

4. I’m genuinely excited for this new album. Morrissey seems at his most consistently productive in years & I feel that Low In High School was his best & most consistent album since Ringleaders.

5. The reissues of the older albums are great news & long overdue. I’ll be buying almost all of them if they are the original track listings (I’ll buy Maladjusted for completists sake, but only if it features Roy’s Keen; one of my favourites from a patchy album) crossed, the new artwork will be good, as a lot of the original sleeves were poor, in my opinion. It will be especially nice to get Hollywood Bowl on vinyl (great set) & finally own Quarry & Ringleaders on record. It will also be good to finally replace Southpaw Grammar after I foolishly returned my original copy with the photo booklet of stupid Moz with scars & bruises to the record shop upon its initial release.

is it warm in Morrissey’s arse? Much to do up there?

YES I AM BLIND. you have either got a face like a bag of spanners or your a page 3 cracker,what would you prefer.

I would prefer you rephrase this post in legible English. I would also request you stop backpedaling but I know the odds of that happening are about as equal as me pissing chocolate milk.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom