Morrissey Central: "MORRISSEY, THE MIDDLE EAST." (December 3, 2019)

"To Morrissey, With Love" is the name of a photography exhibition opening on Friday 6th December at the Elham Art Gallery in the city of Ras Al Khaimah in United Arab Emirates. Elham Gallery has stated:

" (this) response from us at the gallery, and the artistic community in Ras Al Khaimah, is because we have been following with shock and concern the unjustified hate campaigns from media towards Morrissey. We have decided to stand by Morrissey, as his Muslim friends, to acknowledge that we are aware of him as a true and passionate friend, and to tell the world that we know he's not our enemy or hater, and we dedicate a group exhibition to him as thanks for being brave against this cruel and hypocritical world."

The Gallery also state that no animal products will be available at the Exhibition.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-the-middle-east

This post was first shared via @Nerak in a different thread.

Regards,
FWD.

Further info courtesy of Anon:

See also:

And Facebook:

I wonder if Morrissey will be visiting Ras Al-Kaimah any time soon?

Judging by his penchant for 5* resort living I would hazard a guess yes.

"Arrive by limousine or helicopter at the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Resort; a structure inspired by the palaces of the Arabian Peninsula. This luxury resort boasts contemporary facilities, sophisticated comfort and unparalleled service in a land characterized by a long, rich history."

I'm just glad to see they selected a venue that pays homage to the working class, Manchester roots that inspired his greatest artistic work. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Morrissey will be visiting Ras Al-Kaimah any time soon?
Or Ras Al Ghul? I reckon Moz would get on well with Liam Neeson.

images

"Arrive by limousine or helicopter at the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Resort; a structure inspired by the palaces of the Arabian Peninsula. This luxury resort boasts contemporary facilities, sophisticated comfort and unparalleled service in a land characterized by a long, rich history."

I'm just glad to see they selected a venue that pays homage to the working class, Manchester roots that inspired his greatest artistic work. :rolleyes:

Barnaby, you make no sense. doh:
You kvetch about Moz and the luxury hotel and living large?
You kvetch about the Gallery location, probably wanting it to be in a low life dive bar
with the art tacked to the wall with thumbtacks. Your way is not the Moz way. Moz is an
artiste not an urban cowboy FFS.

Are you looking for a handout from Moz?:smirkcat:
Get in line.:lbf:

I'd be very disappointed if I ever met him & he wasn't in a luxury hotel complaining about minor inconveniences & the state of the world.

I arrive (With incredible style)

The more I look at that opening statement, the more I realise it almost like Trump writing a self-eulogy. It's so, so transparently not written by the artists. Bafflingly bad.

Morrissey posting this on Central isn’t to recognize or acknowledge his Muslim fan base; the main goal here is damage control.

He has no concept of damage control.

The only discernable pattern is that he antagonises people & then tries to find other people to defend him. He seems to have been doing that since his first controversy over the Moors Murders.

there is some chatter in the inner circle about a month long tour that will hit the following cities: kabul, beirut, tehran, baghdad, bahrain, istanbul to name a few. several of these cities will be giving him a copy of the key to the city so he has a couch to sleep on some time near in the future.

The more I look at that opening statement, the more I realise it almost like Trump writing a self-eulogy. It's so, so transparently not written by the artists. Bafflingly bad.

:rolleyes:

:crazy:

That makes perfect sense Skinny.:crazy:
a gallery honoring Moz with a photo exhibit would for sure go Skinny and
and attack Moz and everyone involved even the gallery themselves as racist
nazis.:crazy:

you finally have hit the loco wall.:head-smack:
you have arrived at Barnaby dive bar territory.:crazy:

even small actions through art through heart, that’s enough ‘clout’ for me, and it seems enough also for Morrissey.

:cool:

True. He probably prefers it. I think he's never quite got over how mundane & ridiculous showbiz is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom