Morrissey Central: "DID YOU EVER THINK YOU’D SEE THIS DAY ?" (January 28, 2020)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nerak, Jan 28, 2020.

By Nerak on Jan 28, 2020 at 2:41 AM
  1. Nerak

Nerak Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nerak, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      KFC in Manchester was great but when they launched here in Sweden and Västerås a few years ago the standard had gone down and everything was far too spicy. People will die from the way they do not make their chicken well enough.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm confused - shouldn't this story be accompanied by a photoshat of Colonel Sanders clutching a Morrissey album? Is it Sam's day off or somethin'?
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The Oscars I believe is going mostly meatless this year
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Nerak
      Nerak
      No.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    7. Nerak
      Nerak
      I've never been in a KFC.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Nerak
      Nerak
      For the avoidance of doubt, I was only joking. I don't think anything posted on central is a cynical marketing ploy. I think it's there for things that take their fancy.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Why would Morrissey promote KFC? Ok, so they have a meatless burger thing, probably cooked in the same place as the meat version and handled by the same gloves as the meat version...
    10. Nerak
      Nerak
      I tend to avoid meat substitutes. Vegan fishless fingers are disgusting.
    11. Nerak
      Nerak
      He's not. He's highlighting that veganism is now so popular even KFC has to have a vegan option.
      • Like Like x 3
    12. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      A picture of Kobe Bryant holding a KFC bucket.
    13. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      So, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, particularly your, surprisingly negative, comment 'all he cares about is getting attention & flogging tickets', which I don't see at all.
      Based on this picture, to me this is him saying, look, the world, even KFC is now waking up to what I've been saying for ages, vegan is a credible & recognised choice, so much so that it's recognised by the food industry giants like KFC...who would have thought it?
      He doesn't need to mention killing chickens as that would detract from what he's saying. He's, on this occasion, being a bit more subtle.
      Of course the sub-header is that the likes of KFC are responding to the vegan desires, purely for their own monetary gain, much like Greggs with their popular vegan sausage roll which has been a big hit, apparently.
      KFC don't want to miss an opportunity to profit, do they??
    14. Anonymous
      • Funny Funny x 8
      • Like Like x 2
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    15. Nerak
      Nerak
      I was being sarcastic!!!!

Sorry, Morrissey haters are so ridiculous it's near impossible to parody them without posting something they would actually post.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. rifke
      rifke
      it is odd to post this though because even though im sure he doesn't mean to, it's sort of like he's promoting it. if i were a vegan i couldn't imagine giving money to a company responsible for so much animal cruelty just because they have a vegan option. i mean, it doesn't change anything.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Nerak
      Nerak
      It's about numbers. The more business has to include vegans the more vegans there must be to cater to. It also encourages newbies to try it & vegetarians to take the plunge.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    18. rifke
      rifke
      but it doesn't lessen the cruelty to animals. wouldn't it be better if vegans went to entirely vegan outlets and supported them instead?
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Nerak
      Nerak
      That's not how you take over the world. That's how you stay in a niche.