Morrissey Central: "BMG" (October 9, 2019)

unnamed-6_tp1cbi.jpg

BMG.

"It's Over" is now scheduled for release in the second week of November.
The B side is a version of Tim Buckley's "It Happens Every Time".

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

The successful tour has certainly given Moz leverage over BMG in re-releasing "It's Over". Hoping to hear of the release date for next album soon.

This is (at last ) a vinyl /CD I want to buy as soon as possible. Two great songs and two great covers consequently. All the recent outings were below the par .Hope they 'll choose a nice artwork ((NOT a SER one) with Nando 's son on it!!!!

Very wise of Morrissey to air his discontent over decisions like these. I wouldn't be surprised if the new album gets delayed or even cancelled. Morrissey's release calender has been a total mess for the last two years, so BMG have my full sympathies about not wanting to finance any more haphazard vinyl singles.

I agree that Morrissey's tendency to air his "dirty laundry" regarding record company disputes ultimately hurts more than it helps him (it certainly fuels the reputation that he's unmanageable and difficult to work with). Although in this case, it appears to have worked in his favor: single off - now single on. Timing-wise, with the tour ending before the single's release and a new album already done, it doesn't seem all that important to get another single off California Son (perhaps that's why BMG were against it?). That's not a knock against CS - I'm just more interested in what's next.

I agree that Morrissey's tendency to air his "dirty laundry" regarding record company disputes ultimately hurts more than it helps him (it certainly fuels the reputation that he's unmanageable and difficult to work with). Although in this case, it appears to have worked in his favor: single off - now single on. Timing-wise, with the tour ending before the single's release and a new album already done, it doesn't seem all that important to get another single off California Son (perhaps that's why BMG were against it?). That's not a knock against CS - I'm just more interested in what's next.

It’s a lot of singles for a covers album

Off you go daft c*** and watch old episodes of 'George and Mildred'. I'm off to f*** my boyfriends brains out .
don't lie,anybody who would be with you wouldn't have a brain in the first place.

But one should choose one's battles. Is a post-album vinyl single really worth this hassle? Does it improve his relations with BMG and affect the release of the 2020 album in any positive way?

Any news BMg!

Also on Amazon.FR/DE/IT...
The Italian Amazon site lists the release date as 29th of November.
I'm sceptical of this as there is no listing on any indie site yet and the Warner's music release sheets are already in to December.
Happy to be wrong,
FWD.

Edit: should add - Amazon have used the 'old' artwork (not the blue version) and was maybe an oversight on their part?

So are we still getting Rainbow Valley?
Or It Happens Every Time?
Rainbow Valley = ?
It Happens Every Time = B-side of the 7" above.
Regards,
FWD.

Wasn’t Rainbow Valley listed as one of the B-sides this Summer?
Would love to hear Moz’s version of that great song.
Yes, for the nixed Lady Willpower release.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom