Morrissey Central "45 Single Number Two!" (February 1, 2020)

Grab them while you can't.

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/45-single-number-two

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a reasonable point, P&O, but for me there are some songs, from way back when, that I don't like, or I like less than others, or maybe just seem weak nowadays.
The new stuff from Moz is a new direction, for him & us; it's evolution. Maybe it started more noticeably with WPINOYB (there was a 5-year gap from YOR to WP), & then continued with LIHS, & these maybe signalled a departure, by Moz, from his earlier times when he was focused on different things, loneliness, unrequited love, & more personally related stuff, etc.
He's older now, & maybe he thinks he's said all he can say on the old themes. I still love the majority of the old stuff, but he's still evolving, producing great material, so hats off to him.
Thats a solid base to discuss. Thank you for that. I know, my moaning won't change things. As I wrote earlier. A song like "Brow of my beloved" still sends shivers down my spine. It harks back to the old sound. I love Lillywhyte's work. The three albums 94-97 made me an obsessive fan then. Maybe that's the problem. The sound was timeless and elegant and Southpaw had the raw edges I liked too. Hard to accept music and lyrics nowadays. Anyway. I will try not to write too harsh.

Last edited:
I don’t know you either Frank.... I hope you find your peace...is it not allowed or possible for anyone to love everything that he puts out???
Surely. It is allowed. It will take time to accept, that things changed. I should give this Morrissey thing not the big space in my life anymore. This would be a start.

Last edited:
I have to say that people do romanticize his past a bit to much even songs I like. If I were to put just the lyrics to songs like when people become successful, a single from a very popular album, it’s not exactly some elaborate poem. The idea that suddenly something’s changed lyrically seems disingenuous

I have to say that people do romanticize his past a bit to much even songs I like. If I were to put just the lyrics to songs like when people become successful, a single from a very popular album, it’s not exactly some elaborate poem. The idea that suddenly something’s changed lyrically seems disingenuous
Come on, it's catchy all over. YA had 4 wonderful singles.

Just a random thought floating along my brain:

I distinctly remember walking into a record store back in 2006, briefly staring at the black & white violin-holding cover of ROTT (I’d already ordered it online). I remember that fondly. I remember it was grey outside, and it felt just like last week. Now an LP pressing of that record is going for abundant amounts.

Where did the years go? Why did the years go?

I know my second-to-most recent post was calling Morrissey a twat, but I’m feeling fondly nostalgic. It really irritates me that 2006 is now seen as “way back then”. Why, in 2004, did 1994 feel legitimately like a long time ago? Technology is speeding things up and making essentially everything redundant.

I’m not speaking to anyone here or expecting any replies, just thinking out loud.

FWIW, I love “Love Is On Its Way Out”.
I'd love to see more posts like this on Moz Solo. It's a truthful vignette that probably says what a lot of us are thinking, but in a snappy, interesting way.

those were the days when you had to go looking for stuff,now alexa will give you 50 million songs for a pound a week,mental.
I briefly rediscovered that feeling of searching for treasure on a visit to Manchester. Trawling the record shops for old records was such fun. I found Meat Is Murder for a friend. His surprised delight later when he opened it to find pink vinyl inside. Such a little thing, but the difference it makes is great.

All the record shops where I live are gone. Most of the bookshops are now newsagents that also happen to sell books that will never be fully read.
Pubs and bookies infest the streets and sap the body. Fast food joints serve slow poison. People's lives need to be observed online and commented on so that they have meaning. But the joy of looking for good music and rare books is still there, and always will be. The pressure's on, because the pleasure hasn't gone.

I briefly rediscovered that feeling of searching for treasure on a visit to Manchester. Trawling the record shops for old records was such fun. I found Meat Is Murder for a friend. His surprised delight later when he opened it to find pink vinyl inside. Such a little thing, but the difference it makes is great.

All the record shops where I live are gone. Most of the bookshops are now newsagents that also happen to sell books that will never be fully read.
Pubs and bookies infest the streets and sap the body. Fast food joints serve slow poison. People's lives need to be observed online and commented on so that they have meaning. But the joy of looking for good music and rare books is still there, and always will be. The pressure's on, because the pleasure hasn't gone.

So, nostalgia strikes ;) cue Rubber Ring I think, very apt, & no need for me to paste these lyrics, I'm sure, about the passing of time:

No tears please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice words....

Hmm. I remember We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and You're The One For Me, Fatty being slaughtered in the music press -- and for a good reason, because they don't make the forthcoming album doesn't sound too promising. They were not hits either. It was only when people heard the whole album, the tide turned. Your Arsenal is a very good album and will most likely be better than IADOAC, but I for one think that Love Is On Its Way Out is superior to You're The One For Me, Fatty.

When WP came out, in one rare interview Morrissey said that he felt he had overused certain themes and words, so on WP he had tried to find new subjects to write about. This is of course a laudable ambition, but the results have been too often gibberish like Neal Cassady Drops Dead or just confused politics like I Bury The Living.

sure I love the album but when I look at the various song lyrics amongst the more fleshed out lyrics of other songs it’s pretty apparent that morrisseys always had songs with fewer words that weren’t super complex. It’s revisionist history to claim otherwise. A look back through angry cynical eyes. Fatty is another one. Even glamorous glue isn’t exactly some elaborate lyrical poem. All good songs. I’ve been seeing people say he repeats the line Lioiwo to much or that it’s lazy or that it’s slight etc but nothing has changed really with his style except the subject matter. He’s always had songs like that. Some slight and moving, some really silly ones some full of storytelling with a large lexicon. Ive seen people say the lyrics are the weakest part of Lioiwo for the reasons I stated above and I guess I just can’t see that. It is sad to see children coughing and crying from nerve gas while the wealthy, some in positions of power, spend there money and time not doing anything about it but instead paying money to villains so they can kill something big theyre not supposed to. I’m thinking of Eric trumps most recent trip. But morrissey could have been inspired by that dentist who was the last scandal regarding this issue. I do think people are angry and less caring. I also find you’re aresenal catchy but I also love singing lioiwo and find it just as catchy and really a more meaningful song than spending time writing about jealous friends

Hmm. I remember We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and You're The One For Me, Fatty being slaughtered in the music press -- and for a good reason, because they don't make the forthcoming album doesn't sound too promising. They were not hits either. It was only when people heard the whole album, the tide turned. Your Arsenal is a very good album and will most likely be better than IADOAC, but I for one think that Love Is On Its Way Out is superior to You're The One For Me, Fatty.

When WP came out, in one rare interview Morrissey said that he felt he had overused certain themes and words, so on WP he had tried to find new subjects to write about. This is of course a laudable ambition, but the results have been too often gibberish like Neal Cassady Drops Dead or just confused politics like I Bury The Living.
I suppose you could apply the top half of your post to the queen is deed... the singles from that LP didn’t flee up the charts either. The lead single ( as we all know) should have been there is a light... the boy with... was never a single for me.. big mouth , which was the lead should have been a later single.... oh morrissey so much to answer for

Surely. It is allowed. It will take time to accept, that things changed. I should give this Morrissey thing not the big space in my life anymore. This would be start.
Frank, I’m gonna be Frank here with you Frank..... I quite like you , you didn’t carry yourself on earlier when I started off being quite ( defensive, or rude to you) you held your own and you put your points across in a pro social manner ( such a rare activity of late on here) it has shown to me that you can communicate with others without being rude ( unlike me at times) and you do, and have raised some good topics ... and just for the record Frank ... yes there some songs that I dislike, no one will ever like everything that their fave artist releases, mountjoy springs to mind, and it’s worse played live, as I heard in Hull... have I been Frank enough Frank....

@Carlislebaz
I love you, what are you?
But may I dare to say, that I love "Mountjoy" too and it is one of the most valuable songs of the last 3 records, as it could have been written like this in the 90s? Please don't let the tender bond of friendship break because of that, dear friend.

Last edited:
Let’s not go down the “ free speech routine “ this is about the likes of you posting every 5 minutes saying... boo hoo hoo morrisseys new record is shit.. boo hoo hoo morrissey won’t sell many tickets boo hoo f***ing hoo morrissey is a wanker ECT... it’s all been said before, it’s dull, boring and pretty pointless. Why mention the smiths??? Why yap on about the smiths for god sake! they have split up, done with, everyone who loved the smiths have moved on, except you....you have to be the ultimate pub bore ....
...the absolute f*** are you on about, li’l shooter? Did someone’s opposition to your fawning and felching get your panties in a twist?

The only people crying over Morrissey are you, the other 8 sycophants on here and the bungling, narcissist toddler himself.

As expected, stated by the adults around here and scoffed at by your ilk... BMG have done the only sensible thing and dropped him. They simply cannot recoup. The music industry isn’t a f***ing charity.

The the tickets aren’t selling and there are no records, to speak of. Only hack-job covers of “wish it were”. The Top-5 in Poland isn’t a real thing. The merch profits keep the artists in Vodka and Kerrygold but they certainly don’t cover tour costs. There are only signed copies of other artist’s material and shitty, sweat-shop t-shirts emblazoned with the photo of his murdered pussy. That’s right. MURDERED. He fed a carnivore a vegan diet. Surprise surprise, it died. Its death for no reason and death for no reason is “murder”.

The band? Those with any remaining pride have already departed for sunnier skies. I mean, it was probably a decent gig at one point but - how long can you wallow in shit in a sweat-shop rag before the wife tells you hang up your instrument and get a f***ing job that pays. There are mouths besides Morrissey’s to feed. ...and bullshit is not a form of sustinence.

Nobody but you clowns are gonna pick him back up this time, so instead of spitting weak vitriol at the grown-ups who’re trying to have a conversation - shouldn’t you and the kiddos be knee-deep in a Kickstarter campaign to save your poor, lily man-child hero?

Stunned as me arse ye’are. The f***ing lot of ye.

Frank, I’m gonna be Frank here with you Frank..... I quite like you , you didn’t carry yourself on earlier when I started off being quite ( defensive, or rude to you) you held your own and you put your points across in a pro social manner ( such a rare activity of late on here) it has shown to me that you can communicate with others without being rude ( unlike me at times) and you do, and have raised some good topics ... and just for the record Frank ... yes there some songs that I dislike, no one will ever like everything that their fave artist releases, mountjoy springs to mind, and it’s worse played live, as I heard in Hull... have I been Frank enough Frank....
^ THIS f***ing clown is half-bag of warm douche-water, isn’t he? Lol!

He’s impressed that you weren’t a complete dick in response to him being a complete dick.

His bar’s set as high for his internet bullshit as it is for his musical taste.

Fak Arf

@Carlislebaz
I love you, what are you?
But may I dare to say, that I love "Mountjoy" too and it is one of the most valuable songs of the last 3 records, as it could have been written like this in the 90s? Please don't let the tender bond of friendship break because of that, dear friend.
It’s now official.... this is a bromance, not sure what that means, just trying to keep up with the kids really... what am I .. if only I knew, I would share it with you...Mountjoy.. will we ever be synchronised.... at some point we can only hope.. I’ll not try to break anything else with us....

...the absolute f*** are you on about, li’l shooter? Did someone’s opposition to your fawning and felching get your panties in a twist?

The only people crying over Morrissey are you, the other 8 sycophants on here and the bungling, narcissist toddler himself.

As expected, stated by the adults around here and scoffed at by your ilk... BMG have done the only sensible thing and dropped him. They simply cannot recoup. The music industry isn’t a f***ing charity.

The the tickets aren’t selling and there are no records, to speak of. Only hack-job covers of “wish it were”. The Top-5 in Poland isn’t a real thing. The merch profits keep the artists in Vodka and Kerrygold but they certainly don’t cover tour costs. There are only signed copies of other artist’s material and shitty, sweat-shop t-shirts emblazoned with the photo of his murdered pussy. That’s right. MURDERED. He fed a carnivore a vegan diet. Surprise surprise, it died. Its death for no reason and death for no reason is “murder”.

The band? Those with any remaining pride have already departed for sunnier skies. I mean, it was probably a decent gig at one point but - how long can you wallow in shit in a sweat-shop rag before the wife tells you hang up your instrument and get a f***ing job that pays. There are mouths besides Morrissey’s to feed. ...and bullshit is not a form of sustinence.

Nobody but you clowns are gonna pick him back up this time, so instead of spitting weak vitriol at the grown-ups who’re trying to have a conversation - shouldn’t you and the kiddos be knee-deep in a Kickstarter campaign to save your poor, lily man-child hero?

His last album were all covers. Impotent
He is impotent and over the hill.

He has gone completely insane. His nephew can say and post anything he likes in his uncle's name. The new record will be the worst catastrophe in his career. An all-time low has been reached. Every message contains elements of megalomania and wounded vanity.
Whoever reposted this is a shit stirrer, I can only doth my cap to you...

Now now big fella, what’s all this about eh...as you have seen by today’s posts , two very different morrissey fans from opposing views , have come together today... we have disagreed, then insulted one another, took time out, then agreed to differ.... you managing to keep up still.... then we now have an official bromance..... come join in big fella your welcome....

^ THIS f***ing clown is half-bag of warm douche-water, isn’t he? Lol!

He’s impressed that you weren’t a complete dick in response to him being a complete dick.

His bar’s set as high for his internet bullshit as it is for his musical taste.

Fak Arf
Hello Fak Arf......you too are invited to the new bromance that is currently sweeping solo , your post was very informative to us... and have taken your views into consideration... and they will , of course be taken seriously . It just goes to show Fak Arf , as shown on here today, that us, divided morrissey fans, can and will eventually, let go of the negative baggage, that we all have collected and be come one.... sweet dreams Fak Arf

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom