Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeSellMozza, Dec 20, 2019.

By JoeSellMozza on Dec 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM
  1. JoeSellMozza

JoeSellMozza Well-Known Member

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg
    … AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
    December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeSellMozza, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Absolute whingebag. Fuck racism. Fuck For Britain. Fuck Morrissey. Fuck Morrissey defenders. And fuck anybody who buys this awful single.
      Anonymous
      This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
      • Troll Troll x 13
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. JoeSellMozza
      JoeSellMozza
      Will the new album still be released by BMG?
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    3. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      They ain't never gonna know what to do with it Moz.
      There's cornballs all around us.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    4. lanterns
      lanterns
      i send you one of mine, moz!
      • Like Like x 3
    5. mcrickson
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Bah humbug to you too Skinny.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      If Its Over received airplay when it was released why would any radio station play it again now? Idiot.
      And how about a comment on Britain electing a right-wing government that will ensure Brexit (with a huge landslide majority)?
      Surely that's the best Christmad present you could ever have hoped for, Morrissey, or have you finally realised what a total and utter twat you've been?

• Troll Troll x 7
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      A truly depressing combination of idiotic sentiments and shit grammar. Since when was the plural of cliche spelt cliche's? The record company should put Simple Steve out of his agony and drop him before the new album causes even more embarassment.
      • Troll Troll x 6
      • Like Like x 3
      • Redundant Redundant x 2
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      If it had been released when it first received airplay is the point. Its been half hearted all the way.
      Morrissey has never been in favour of the Conservative party, so save the name calling for yourself.
      • Like Like x 3
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Ahem,
      Embarrassment has two 'r' s.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      As others have stated - if he's so proud of this song - why wasn't this the lead single? This whole thing feels like it was just done to appease Morrissey - but the timing makes no sense.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
    12. ACTON
      ACTON
      Whingefest number 9 million. Is he trying to vex the record company? Why worry about a single that fans have already from buying the album. Jesus he has very little to be worrying about.
      • Like Like x 4
    13. ACTON
      ACTON
      Ignore the label on the little bottle and take all the pills.
      Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    14. Kennethwilliamsunderstudy
      Kennethwilliamsunderstudy
      Well that news travelled fast ... these 7" singles have been a nice niche release over the last year or so and long may they continue but tbats all they are - physical media is obsolete in regards to singles , we all know it ! I'm sure more copies will arrive in other stores soon ... chill out mozza. if you wanna kick up a fuss in 2020 we will be glad to have u do a week of instore signings for the new album x
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      "my most proud single release". Yikes.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      As pointed out at the time, the thing screwing up his 'traditional' single releases is whoever is insisting on putting out 'instant grats' and staggering releases between digital & physical.
      California Son had 2 tracks put out that way before the first 'proper' physical single ever appeared.
      That's one aspect, but further: this single has been mired behind the scenes. 3 different covers (he used the wrong one even on Central today), varying release dates and changing B-sides - all very mysterious and indicative of something perhaps more problematic when compared to previous 7"s (although not all have been without issue either).
      The physical single was announced the day after the instant grat back in February (despite the incorrect B-side and artwork), that was the time to release it without a further 10 months passing - whatever intervened must have been pretty substantial.
      I doubt we will ever be privy to the full goings on, but the general response to BMG in these threads over time has been reasonably positive despite the perceived lack of/diminishing promotion.
      2020 is shaping up to be interesting already... :)
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 6
      • Informative Informative x 3
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      What a fucking whiny little bitch.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. rifke
      rifke