Morrissey Central “HAVE YOU SEEN / THE SAD RICH HUNTING DOWN, SHOOTING DOWN ELEPHANTS AND LIONS?” (February 22, 2020)

Hermoso,,!! Vi un video donde Joaquin Phoenix entro a un matadero en Los Angeles y rescato a una vaca y su hijito,y tuvo que discutir con varios empleados pero finalmente los saco de alli los cargaron en un camion y se los llevaron a un santuario !! Un divino Joaquin ,que raro que Moz no publico nada al respecto en su central..excelente accionar la de Joaquin P Moz quisiera verte en accion a vos tambien estaria bueno y que lo publiques en tu sitio!!Viva Moz Y Joaquin!!!

It's a lovely wee video.

I found an interesting article for anyone monitoring the 'climate of opinion' (which is probably just me).

It looks bad on the surface - but there's sneaky positives & might be a way of mitigating him without getting into a twitter storm (although 'cancel culture' isn't people choosing to step away, it's a concerted hate campaign against a person & their supporters) - his picture, contrary, Marxists also get targeted... we look for these little signs. It's hopeful. Like a green shoot in January.

(I still find it annoying that he's constantly hassled over his attitude to immigration without anyone interrogating why tho. His parents are immigrants. From a country where emigration is seen as a curse, that could kill you, because it takes you away from your motherland... that stuff sinks into the subconscious, esp if you're a volatile creative type).

Anyhoo. :ahhh:

(there's also a crappy wee hate piece in The LA Weekly because Chrissie Hynde wrote a letter to Trump - tho the tone is so obnoxious it helps the Moz Cause https://www.laweekly.com/chrissie-hyndes-praise-for-limbaugh-puts-her-in-morrisseys-shitty-league/

And quite a few nice wee mentions for Knockabout World in music & culture blogs.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Me gustaria que Moz viviera en otro lugar Inglaterra o cualquier otro pais,no en Los Angeles para alguien como el antisistema? Es algo contradictorio vivir ahi es un lugar muy ostentoso de lujos y esas cosas...el necesita ser mas modesto...el es ingles por accidente sus padres son irlandeses algo que para los ingleses es de menor nivel,pero en Inglaterra el se siente destratado por eso se fue a un lugar equivocado para mi gusto,pero ahi el esta a gusto porque es demasiado cholulo con Holliwood!!

Que loco Alain Delon tiene una casa de campo donde enterro a sus 50 perros,los que tuvo toda su vida ,y ya tiene todo preparado para el momento de su muerte,quiere descansar ahi con sus perros Que loca y buena idea ,bien por el!!! Me pregunto donde estara Dude???

Elephant: ‘is he taking the piss? Those keys are f***ing ivory’.
Morrissey must be pretty dumb to endorse that. Doesn't he see the bad press that could come from such bad judgement.
Elephants hunted for tusks to make those piano keys.

Well intentioned I guess but as a 'message' it doesn't work for me.

As others have said it immediately raises the issue of ivory in piano keys. What is the message supposed to be on that issue?

n.b. ivory hasn't been used exclusively as a key since the 1970s - although, even today, some countries do still allow production of ivory key pianos

The other issue is having the elephant 'stooged' in that situation and were the sound was clearly affecting it - just look at it's ears.

I think as a message - if that was it's initial purpose - then text would have been beneficial to link the hunting of elephants for ivory or clarify what the message, if any, is.

Unfortunately for this viewer it seemed to come across more as entertainment than a message and that makes me feel very uneasy indeed.

As I say possibly well intentioned but ultimately ill-thought through.

Forgot this .....

Much cooing. I wonder how many of the cooers are vegan? You know ...... do not:

eat any animal products
use or wear any animal produce
use products tested on or containing animal ingredients
bank/invest in companies that do not exploit animals or their habitats

If you were moved by this get up off your arse and do something about animal murder, abuse and exploitation.

Passively sitting back makes you part of the problem.

bank/invest in companies that exploit animals or their habitats

Is how that should have read. Silly me

Elephant: ‘is he taking the piss? Those keys are f***ing ivory’.

This is easy.
Pretty sure the cult followers will be along soon to explain that the keys on the piano above and all modern pianos now have keys made from grass cuttings.

??:knife:

Benny Central: HAVE YOU SEEN/ THE SAD HAS BEEN FORMER LEAD SINGER OF THE SMITHS PUTTING HIS FOOT IN IT ONCE AGAIN TROLLING ANIMALS TO PROMOTE HIMSELF FROM HIS FIVE STAR HOTEL BED.

P.S. Lots of tickets still remaining for Leeds/London performances.

?? :knife:

Paul Barton plays to all the different elephants at this sanctuary in Thailand. There are many videos of him with the different individual and groups of elephants. They flap their ears when they are happy and they also wag their tails for the same reason, which you can see in some of his other videos. It's a lovely thing to do for these old elephants many of them blinded and injured by their former "owners" who use them for logging and for tourist rides.
Any elephant being used for tourist rides or any form of work will have been tortured as a baby to completely break its spirit. This is called "Phajaan" or "the crush" which says it all really.
Friends visited there for their honeymoon as it's an ethical sanctuary called "Elephant World. They found it a very moving and enriching experience and the animals are all very well loved and cared for which is as it should be. They rely on donations to keep the place running, especially in a country where these elephants aren't protected from abuse in the first place.
Music and animals, his two loves,why wouldn't Morrissey post i!
Piano keys are wooden with a thin layer of either plastic nowadays or ivory or bone in earlier days. Ivory is no longer legally available for pianos since the 1970s as someone pointed out and even earlier as French pianos had an early form of plastic on the keys from the turn of the last century.
You can test the keys by heating a needle and if it goes through the veneer it's plastic.
I think the message from this video is very clear, elephants are sensitive intelligent beings who appreciate love and beauty as much as the rest of us. They need all the help they can get and videos like this one highlight that, if you take a closer look.

Ok. so how many of those that have 'liked' the video are ethical vegans?

How many have changed their behaviours to help protect animals, all animals?

bank/invest in companies that exploit animals or their habitats

lanterns and Ketamine Sun disliked this comment which suggests that they both support banking and investments that exploit animals and their habitats

I'm delighted that animal sanctuaries exist but personally I'm not a fan of Paul Barton's methods. Barton has said "For me, elephants are wild animals, plain and simple." If that were true then why does he feel the need to anthropomorphise them? It is my belief that the elephants are utilised by Barton as a form of entertainmnent and I don't find it at all dignified. I believe he believes he is making the lives of elephants better, in some way, but I also feel it fulfills his own personal needs more than the needs of the elephants. I just wish he would stop posting videos of elephants 'dancing' to or 'listening' to his music. To me it reeks of self-promotion. An unknown classical musician now very much known. Hmmm .....

Has there been any study carried out that confirms elephants listening to piano or flute are happier or more content? I'm guessing not.

I believe strongly in the dignity of wild animals. I'm not taking a 'pop' for the sake of it.

Paul Barton plays to all the different elephants at this sanctuary in Thailand. There are many videos of him with the different individual and groups of elephants. They flap their ears when they are happy and they also wag their tails for the same reason, which you can see in some of his other videos. It's a lovely thing to do for these old elephants many of them blinded and injured by their former "owners" who use them for logging and for tourist rides.
Any elephant being used for tourist rides or any form of work will have been tortured as a baby to completely break its spirit. This is called "Phajaan" or "the crush" which says it all really.
Friends visited there for their honeymoon as it's an ethical sanctuary called "Elephant World. They found it a very moving and enriching experience and the animals are all very well loved and cared for which is as it should be. They rely on donations to keep the place running, especially in a country where these elephants aren't protected from abuse in the first place.
Music and animals, his two loves,why wouldn't Morrissey post i!
Piano keys are wooden with a thin layer of either plastic nowadays or ivory or bone in earlier days. Ivory is no longer legally available for pianos since the 1970s as someone pointed out and even earlier as French pianos had an early form of plastic on the keys from the turn of the last century.
You can test the keys by heating a needle and if it goes through the veneer it's plastic.
I think the message from this video is very clear, elephants are sensitive intelligent beings who appreciate love and beauty as much as the rest of us. They need all the help they can get and videos like this one highlight that, if you take a closer look.
From logging to flogging a Morrissey album. Poor thing.

Why troll? If people don’t change their behaviours then animals will always be exploited because the exploitation is normalised.

Liking a video of an abused elephant is not helping the elephant or any other animal for that matter. If you don’t want elephants to be harmed stop normalising them as product. If you liked it because it entertained you well, then .....

If you care about elephenats/aniamls do that by being vegan not by hypocritically ‘liking’ a video while maintaining behaviours that assist in their harm i.e. the normalisation of animals as product.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom