Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I was hoping for a rare runout for People Are The Same Everywhere.

I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom but I taught her never to dishonor her family.

But America must realise that Duck Dynasty, Man vs. Food, Future Weapons, the Real Housewives and others give an impression of the country that does it no favours. The US government thinks radical Islam is driven by geopolitics and extremism. It isn't. Its seeing that fatf*** Tottenham Hotspur "fan" stuffing his disgusting face with six pounds of chili dolphin on a four foot bun while being roared on by rednecks.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Oh I won't disagree there is more than enough garbage TV in Japan. And America's highest end television is, as I stated, some of the best in the world (better than Japan's best).
But, the entire redneck humour subgenre should be taken out back and have a piece of lead put behind its ear - particularly if it involves real "sport" hunting.

Moz should've given more notice to the show (or perhaps he did and they wouldn't budge until today's public notice?) but he's not as internet savvy as most. He didn't even realize the Bryan Ferry hunting connection when he covered Roxy Music's Street Life.

Why do you call the show garbage? Have you seen it? It's simply people living their lives; perhaps in a bit of a ridiculous way but is it simply a tv show...I would agree that it is not nearly as educational as some of those Japanese game shows we get a view of from time to time.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

I was quite looking forward to seeing this ( and wondering which song would be performed ) but , as others have said , I like seeing a man stick to his guns ( poor choice ?) and certainly don't disagree , as ever , with Morrissey's passion for animal rights ...

This story is everywhere. He has garned himself more attention by not playing the show and making a statment of his beliefs then actually making the appearance and playing People are the Same Everywhere.

"...while staying true to their family values and lifestyle."

Just like the Mansons.

Funny! I guess Wednesday is out since Gordon Ramsay is on. Maybe Thursday? Moz and Jim Parsons flirting in the green room.

This guy is the PERFECT example of hypocrisy and superiority.

He won't play on the same show as someone with an opposing view to his. See, can't even fathom the thought that others think differently but we live in a free enough society to allow this. (Head to the Middle East and see how they feel about your lifestyle Moz.)

Read about the Staples Center gig. He can force small venues to go meat free. But not the Staples Center. But because that gig will put 10,000 paying fans in front of his newly svelte body? AWE$$$$$OME!!

Money rules.

Utter disdain for his fans......but loves the money.

And yes, I will pay to see him for the 8th time despite this. Because I disagree with his politics and how he treats his fans, but love his music.

"I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there's an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all., If I am not there I shall probably never be anywhere"

May be he's not such a liar after all then !!!!!

"If I am not there I shall probably never be anywhere"

Stop talking bollocks will you for once and get on with performing like a seal you jeb end

oooh youre so masterful ducky.

Bravo to Morrissey. Not only does this show promote hunting, it also promotes an image of America that is deplorable. Somehow, a large percentage of American televsion shows highlight the uneducated, low-life, white trash portion of society, or they glorify the rich, useless, and vapid. It projects such a negative image of Americans, even though many do not fall into either category. No wonder the rest of the world hates us. I am disappointed that I will not be seeing Morrissey tonight, but I am proud that he has made a stand. I do, however, agree with those who have suggested that this is a slippery slope. You cannot condemn some animal abuse, while over looking other horrible actions. Last time I checked, Mexico still has bullfighting.

Simple question, what Idiot scheduled these two guests on the same show? I'm sure 98% of the time which guests end up together is not an issue of any kind, but Morrissey's thoughts on animal rights are not exactly obscure.

Tangentially, I'm amazed at the range of TV in America -- from some of the best written drama in the world to absolute garbage like the show in question.

That may well be but I lived in England for eight years and there's plenty of absolute crap on the "telli" there so please come down of your very high horse.

I love MOZ - I really do - his music and the music of The Smiths played a significant role in my life as a teenager and in the lives of my friends. I respect his right to live his life as he sees fit and stand on whatever moral grounds he chooses. At the same time, there is always the notion of live and let live; you life choices may be right for you but not necessarily for others and vice-versa.

Plain in simple, this was a pu$$y move on MOZ's part. I'm betting that had there been a couple of A-list celebrities booked on the show who also were well known to eat meat he wouldn't have canceled. The vast majority of the human populous is not VEGAN, MOZ.

This guy is the PERFECT example of hypocrisy and superiority.

He won't play on the same show as someone with an opposing view to his. See, can't even fathom the thought that others think differently but we live in a free enough society to allow this. (Head to the Middle East and see how they feel about your lifestyle Moz.)

Read about the Staples Center gig. He can force small venues to go meat free. But not the Staples Center. But because that gig will put 10,000 paying fans in front of his newly svelte body? AWE$$$$$OME!!

And yes, I will pay to see him for the 8th time despite this. Because I disagree with his politics and how he treats his fans, but love his music.

Yeah , that Middle East ! Screw that Arab Spring of theirs ! The way they go on , you'd think there was something wrong with super-power backed military coups exterminating democratic movements ! Honestly , I just don't think having their faces constantly stamped on by Britain , France , Israel and the US is sufficient cause for reactionary atavism ... damn their petulance !

I'll probably stop there ...

Last edited:

I just don't think having their faces constantly stamped on by Britain , France , Israel and the US is sufficient cause for reactionary atavism ... damn their petulance !

I'll probably stop there ...

Sigh. I haven't stamped on an Arab in weeks. God, I miss it.

I think Morrissey's actual quoted statement versus the Facebook statement hours earlier is a thousand times more reasonable sounding and less dickish. I don't know who is writing his Facebook but it made him sound like a regal thug, the very thing he despises, lest they be "removed." :squiffy: Sigh of relief to read his real words, the man's got a reputation to uphold. Sounds reasonable to me.

I'm always disappointed when I lose a chance to see Morrissey but I have always liked and accepted him for all that he is and does.

who's the genius on the kimmel show who booked these two acts for the same show?

the duck people are so important they cannot go on the following night?

its all so ridiculous.

they majority of americans are uneducated, slobs..go to your local walmart. it is a reflection of what is on our reality television for the most part. quite scary.

Tags
kimmel morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom