Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan, Feb 26, 2013.

By SomeTotallyRandomMozFan on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  1. SomeTotallyRandomMozFan

SomeTotallyRandomMozFan MudSpelledBackwardsIsDum

Home Page:
    http://jaytando.tripod.com/meeting-morrissey/
    Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Yes!

P.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Who is going to watch Kimmel tonight

to see if Morrissey gets discussed?
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

I'm surprised Moz can even leave the house... he's bound to bump into someone or something that eats meat, kills animals, etc...
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn

I think Morrissey has high principles, as did Pol Pot, of course, but regarding Question Time, a show now merely a shadow of its former self by the way, he just isn't up to it in my opinion. He's never been known as a raconteur, and although he can be amusing on the page or on record, both of those mediums are usually eminently controllable, NME twats notwithstanding. Too often on TV or radio he comes across as nervous, stilted, with varying degrees of obnoxiousness. I'm not sure how well he could expand upon or defend his initial debating position. He'd be a disaster on a show like Question Time.

In print he usually comes across well, but I can only think of two broadcast interviews where he has done himself justice, or to be more accurate matched the media image he portrays. The South Bank Show from 1987 is one, and his Desert Island Discs appearance circa 2009 is the other. I can think of plenty more where I couldn't watch because it was such a car crash. Ross, Colbert, etc.
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    5. R. Augen
      R. Augen

Sometimes I wonder why you're all so critical, why you're making fun of Morrissey and trying to grind him down. When I thought, in my good-willed opinion, that this was a fan-page, I guess I was just too naive...
    6. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn

Well thats the other problem. You can't justify a boycott of Canada over animal welfare issues and then turn up to tour in Japan.
    7. MozAngeles818
      MozAngeles818
      Re: Who is going to watch Kimmel tonight

What difference does it make?
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Yeah, that's so much less tolerable than the inequality of women, persecution of ethnic minorities and the suppression of religious freedom. No wonder they hate us.
    9. smiler
      smiler

This place has had it, its over, most normal people have moved house to "allyouneedismorrissey.com" as a result that site gets all the news first now too. there's a (as yet unreported on here) new email Morrissey interview posted there now.
    10. jaclove
      jaclove

Wonderful! Thank you Stephen Patrick Morrissey for sticking to your guns. Meat is murder always - simple as that! If i was on the bill that night with those fat meat chokers, i would have reacted exactly the same. Total respect & love always xxx
    11. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny

Look, there's no easy way of saying this, but fuck off. And good riddance.

P.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Who is going to watch Kimmel tonight

It makes none
    13. smiler
      smiler

Grow up and take your own advice
    14. smiler
      smiler

you should read the new Morrissey interview over at allyouneedisme.com its actually really good and it might cheer you up UncleP?
    15. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

Just go be with the real fans. Go. Have fun making Morrissey Christmas stockings and being Splenda agreeable with everyone. And remember any Sex Pistol or Doll would be bored to tears in ten seconds there.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous

^^^ doesn't have a clue about Sex Pistols or Dolls
    17. smiler
      smiler

I guess you'll miss out on the new interview then (and all the other scoops that now appear on that site) shame coz the interview is really good (some really interesting stuff about sexuality) - the people are actually critical and well informed over there (not just bitter and twisted) it remind me of what it used to be like here years ago.
    18. Skylarker
      Skylarker

Like late stage AIDS?
    19. HandThatRocksTheCradle
      HandThatRocksTheCradle

I'm taking it he didn't want to be associated with the parties involved. His choice. For people watching at home they might not know the songs are taped in advance or maybe the interview part is live. Moz backing away from some possible drama. Good for him. :thumb: Stuff sometimes gets taken out of context.
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    20. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer

:sleeping: Yeah and if Morrissey doesn't think women fight he should read some of the emails I've read between the nags over there. Lol. They're WORSE THAN MEN.