Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

I have never watched this show - are they the same ones who go out and mercilessly kill alligators? I saw a commercial for a show like that last summer and it made me sick. That show and the food show - I don't know the name of it, either, but the host goes around and eats sheep brains and that sort of thing. Horrible and wretched.

I don't blame him if he does cancel. I would, too.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

1st
the man is quackers

Re: Morrissey Possibly Cancelling Jimmy Kimmel Appearance 2/26 Over Duck Dynasty?

Yeah, I just saw that. Awkward.
I'm not sure I can really blame him, though...I wouldn't want to be in the same room as those people, either. They're pretty grody. :barf:

Don't musical acts often perform on a night other than when they will be shown and then repackaged? Didn't Moz do two songs a few years back on Conan (or something) and they showed one song in one show and the other song weeks or months later? Couldn't he just tape the song and then have them put it on when they are having "acceptable" other guests?

I love Duck Dynasty!!! Oh well Moz, maybe next time.

I have never watched this show - are they the same ones who go out and mercilessly kill alligators? I saw a commercial for a show like that last summer and it made me sick. That show and the food show - I don't know the name of it, either, but the host goes around and eats sheep brains and that sort of thing. Horrible and wretched.

I don't blame him if he does cancel. I would, too.

So what about the meat free gig thats erm !!!! Not gonna be meat free ??? Surely he can't go on with it now after making this example can he ?
He never minded playing in NZ the land of outdoor flesh burning and killing sheep without stunning did he ?
Probably another lie.
Ambitious insider whats going on ? Should we be worried ?

I have never watched this show - are they the same ones who go out and mercilessly kill alligators?

I think the word "duck" ought to be an indicator that it is not the same show.

Well, he canceled this event.

What little credibility that he has will be lost if he does not cancel the Staples show. I mean, really? We all know that Morrissey is a greedy SOB, so he will not cancel the Staples show--yet the kiss arses including TRB will praise him for this.

Sad, very sad.

He's a man of principles, I'll give him that.

I think the word "duck" ought to be an indicator that it is not the same show.

I was half right. After looking online I found that one of the women on Duck Dynasty has a recipe for "gator balls"...so they do hunt Alligator - like they do Deer (oops, look at that - the word "Deer" isn't in the title of the show, either)

The show I was thinking about is called Swamp People.

Well, forgive me for not being up on this sort of shit. Not my kind of thing.

He's a man of principles, I'll give him that.

"I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there's an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all., If I am not there I shall probably never be anywhere"

May be he's not such a liar after all then !!!!!

"If I am not there I shall probably never be anywhere"

Stop talking bollocks will you for once and get on with performing like a seal you jeb end

Heyup guys!

Just saw this news from the Morrisey facebook page and gave me nostalgia urges for the M.Solo forum! Must have been about 3 years since i've been here!

Well in the last few years since I joined this site I've gone and well an truly found Jesus! So Morrissey has unfortunately dropped to number 2 on my idol list, which which probably makes me more unwelcome than I already was by some people here ;-) and also means my understanding and sympathy for him in such things like this has decreased. Anyway, I can see his point, and it's classic Morrissey. How strange it would be without him refusing to do something on moral grounds.

Love n Peace n Joy n Cake to all!!

d <3

Good for Moz. Duck Dynasty - a disgusting show for, and featuring, the lowest form of human beings. Ugh...

Surprised Jimmy Kimmel would have this TV show cast featured at all...in the past few months he's had A-listers on his show!!

You're forgiven. Now shut up.

I have been coming to this site for the past year or so. I can't believe how hateful people are. No wonder Mozz feels the way he does about this this site.

Yes, we all hate the word "cancel" when it comes to Moz...sends a shiver down my spine. But in this case.....seriously!!! Of all the guests in the world, Duck Dynasty?! It looks like a disgusting show and I do not blame Morrissey one bit!!

Ducks all over 'merica collectively thank Morrissey. It just sounds like quacking to most.

I'm pretty disappointed that he's canceling for such a reason. I read a comment on facebook that summed it up perfectly for me, "It's like inviting somebody into your home for a dinner party and they say the only way they'll attend is if you uninvite so-and-so. It's my goddamn house and I'll invite whoever I choose." I don't know, it just seems incredibly rude.

Viva Hate, I know you're a miserable, useless excuse of a human being, and that you don't feel remotely important if you can't cut somebody down daily here on solo, but really...if you don't like me, just look over my posts and keep on trolling the boards as usual. I'll post whatever, whenever, I please.

That's a pretty ugly thing to say about someone you don't even know. Lighten up, guy.

Tags
kimmel morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom